On 22/07/2017, INCOIS announced recruitment notification to hire candidates who completed Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate, Diploma,B.E/B.Tech for the position of Project Assistant, Project Scientist B, Multiple Vacancy.
Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services INCOIS recruitment 2017 proposes to receive the application from applicants in Online Mode. Eligible candidates can submit their application to Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services INCOIS before 24/08/2017. All those aspiring to apply can check out various information like eligibility criteria, salary, Total vacancy, Selection Procedure, Job description, last date, Application procedure and other key information required for the post below. Kindly go through all the below details before submitting your application Online. We wish all the very best to all candidates applying through Fresherslive.
|Vacancy Name||Vacancy Details|
|Office Assistant – 01 Post||Essential Qualification: A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University, basic knowledge of computers and minimum five years of experience preferably in Govt. / PSU/Autonomous Bodies / in the relevant area in PB-1 + GP Rs.2400/- or its equivalent.
Desirable: Post Graduation
Nature of Duties : The selected candidates will be required to provide assistance in anyone or more areas of Establishment, Personnel & General Administration / Finance & Accounts / Stores & Purchase, etc.
Emoluments: Consolidated monthly emoluments Rs.30,218/-
Age: 32 Years
|Project Assistant – 01 Post||Essential Qualification: B.Sc. in Geology/ Physics / Environmental Sciences / Mathematics as one of the subject OR Three years diploma in engineering in Civil / Geoinformatics / Geomatics / Remote Sensing or its equivalent from a recognized university/institute with atleast first class (60% of marks) in the qualifying degree.
Desirable: Possessing of at least one or multiple qualifications/skills of the following: Work
experience/ good knowledge in the development of web applications using Java, Struts,
Nature of Duties: To design, develop and implement various web applications of ocean
information services. Other responsibilities include operation and maintenance of INCOIS
Website, Tsunami Website, ISGN Website etc including database administration. To assist in
ocean data analysis, processing data sets and development of other application software.
Emoluments: Consolidated monthly emoluments of Rs. 35,910/-
|Project Assistant|| Essential qualifications: B.Sc. with Computers as major subject or BCA or its equivalent from a recognized university / institute with at least first class (60% of marks) in the qualifying degree. OR Three years diploma in engineering in Computer Science or its equivalent from a recognized university / institute with at least first class (60% of marks) in the qualifying degree.
Desirable: Programming skills in C/FORTRAN, Working experience in LINUX/UNIX operating system, knowledge of scientific software tools such as GMT, Ferret, ncl, MatLab, Python, etc.
Nature of Duties: Data analysis pertaining to wave modeling and atmospheric forcing fields. Assist in wave modeling and wave data analysis from observations. Assist in the generation of grids for use in wave model.
Emoluments: Consolidated monthly emoluments of Rs. 35,910/-
|Project Assistant||Essential Qualification: B.Sc. with Physics or Mathematics or Computers as major subject from a recognized university / institute with atleast first class (60% of marks) in the qualifying degree and (ii) Basic knowledge of computer.
Desirable: Possessing of at least one or multiple qualification / skills of the following: working knowledge in Computer programming, knowledge of scientific software tools such as GMT, Ferret, MatLab, Phthon, etc.
Nature of Duties: Data analysis pertaining to operational oceanography and atmospheric
forcing fields. Assist in operational ocean state forecasting and related activities. Assist in the
generation of user-demanded ocean forecast and information products.
Emoluments: Consolidated monthly emoluments of Rs.35,910/-
|Project Scientist ‘B
Age : 28 Years – 35 Years
|Essential Qualification: M.Sc. / M.Tech. in Physical Oceanography or Ocean Technology or Physics or Mathematics or Atmospheric Science or Meteorology or its equivalent degree from a recognized university with a first class (60% of marks) in the qualifying degree. Desirable : Possessing of at least one or multiple qualifications/skills of the following: (i) at
least two (02) years of experience in Atmospheric modeling, preferably WRF, Analysis of
Atmospheric model inputs and AWS data datasets, (ii) At least one (01) year experience in
analysing meterologicalal/ oceanographic datasets and interpretation using softwares such as Ferret/Grads, MATLAB, FORTRAN, etc and / or experience in wave modeling and wave data analysis.
Nature of Duties: Numerical model setup for operational forecasting, analysis of model
outputs and validation with observations, Coupling high-resolution atmospheric model with
Emoluments: Consolidated monthly emoluments of Rs.55,860/-.
Other Vacancy Details:
- Project Scientist ‘B’: 04 Post
- Project Assistant: 09 Post
- The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum requirements and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. If the numbers of applications, received in response to advertisement are large, it will not be convenient or possible to call all candidates for interview. Hence, ESSO-INCOIS may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to the reasonable limit through screening process. The criteria for screening of the applications will be based on candidates qualifying credentials against the essential requirements specified above, date of birth (after relaxation of age as applicable), completeness of the application in terms of the providing accurate details and submission of the passport size photograph, and copies of the marks list, academic and experience certificates, signature, essential experience, (vi) desirable qualification and experience as specified in the above, (vii) consistent academic performance at one or more levels etc. The candidates experience certificates should clearly specify whether they possess the experience / knowledge / skills / technology / software platform requested in the essential / desirable experience requirements against each post. The benchmark for screening the applications will be set by a committee constituted to screen the applications. The final selection of the candidate will be based on the candidate’s performance in the technical interview. No correspondence will be entertained with candidates who are not called for interview/selected for appointment.
How To Apply?
- Applications should be submitted online in the prescribed format. Applications that are not submitted in the prescribed format will not be considered. The candidate’s age should not exceed the age limit mentioned above as on date of closure of application i.e. August 24, 2017. However, in case of SC / ST / OBC / Ex-servicemen, PH candidates, relaxation in age limit is allowed as per Govt. of India rules. The Secretary, MoES / Chairman, ESSO-INCOIS Governing Council may relax the upper age limit for all categories of posts in case of highly experienced candidates in specialized scientific / technical areas.
- Experience will be counted from the date of acquiring the essential academic qualifications. The experience, relevant to the requirement of job or research or teaching will only be considered towards the total period of experience. Doctorate degree in the relevant field required for the post will count as 3 years of experience.
- All positions involve 24 X 7 operations and hence selected candidates are required to work in shift duties (also during holidays, including Saturday and Sundays, festivals, national holidays, etc.), if assigned, and also to participate in various field programmes on board research vessels, boats, at various coastal locations, etc or any other works assigned to him/her from time-to-time by Director, ESSO-INCOIS / Group Head / Scientist In-charge.
Instructions for submission of online Application:
- Before submitting the online application, the applicants are requested to carefully go through the full-text of the advertisement and the procedure to apply.
- Online application form & details of the advertisement is available at http://www.incois.gov.in/jobs/incois0617.jsp
- Submit online application well in advance along-with legible and scanned copies of certificates and other mandatory requirements as mentioned above in the application procedure. If the certificates are in a language other than English or Hindi, then attested translation should be uploaded.
- Director, ESSO-INCOIS
- Advt No:ESSO/INCOIS:RMT:03/2017
- The applicants are not required to send hard copies to the undersigned.
- The applicants are advised to fill in all their particulars carefully in the online application. Incomplete application will be summarily rejected.
- Applicants are advised to retain the acknowledgement and printout of the submitted online application for future reference.
- In case of difficulty in the submission of online application form (not for other queries), please email to [email protected]
- Date of closure of online application is August 24, 2017.
Address For The Job: Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services INCOIS, Bangalore.
Last Date to Apply: 24/08/2017