On 08/08/2017, IISER Thiruvananthapuram announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate, M.Sc for the position of Junior Research Fellow/Project Assistant.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram IISER Thiruvananthapuram Jobs 2017 proposes to receive the application from applicants in Offline Mode. Eligible candidates can submit their application to Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram IISER Thiruvananthapuram before 31/08/2017. All those aspiring to apply can check out various information like eligibility criteria, salary, Total vacancy, Selection Procedure, Job description, last date, Application procedure and other key information required for the post below. Kindly go through all the below details before submitting your application Online. We wish all the very best to all candidates applying through Fresherslive.
|Vacancy Name||Junior Research Fellow/Project Assistant|
|Qualification||Any Graduate, Any Post Graduate, M.Sc|
|Salary||Rs.16,000 – 25,000/- Per Month|
|Last Date To Apply||31/08/2017|
Qualification: The candidate should have a minimum of 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the qualifying degree. Additional qualifications for JRF are: Postgraduate degree in any area of Basic Sciences in Biology with NET qualification, OR Graduate Degree in a Professional Course in Biology with NET qualification, OR Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course in Biology In case a suitable candidate with the above qualifications is not found, candidates with a Masters degree in Biological Sciences may be appointed as Project Assistant if selected.
Preference: A strong motivation and aptitude for research in Evolutionary Ecology is important. Candidates should ideally have experience with basic molecular ecological techniques such as DNA extraction, PCR and DNA Sequencing. Field experience will be preferable. The first project will involve phylogenetic and biogeographic analyses of Indian plants. The second project will involve phylogenetic, phylogeographic and biogeographic analyses of Indian stingless bees. The chosen candidates will also have the opportunity to be part of other ongoing projects in the PIs research group (www.vanasiri.in).
Fellowship Amount: JRF = 25,000 + HRA Project Assistant = 16,000+ HRA
Age : 32 years with 3-5 years relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically disabled as per government norms
Name of the Project:
- Comparative biogeography of plants of the Western Ghats
- Morphometry and phylogeography of Honey bees and Stingless Bees in India
- The shortlisted candidates will be informed by email on details of interview date, time and venue and it will also be put up on the website www.iisertvm.ac.in.
How To Apply?
- Completed applications should be sent by email to the PI – Ullasa Kodandaramaiah – ([email protected]), WITH THE SUBJECT LINE “DBT funded positions August 2017 – Your Name”. Clearly mention which project(s) you are interested in. If applying for both, mention your first preference.
- The application should contain a detailed resume and a one page statement of interest. Please include contact details (phone number, email and postal address), a photograph, scanned copies of educational/professional qualifications and reprints of papers. Research experience should be supported by a certificate from the previous employer(s). Candidates should bring originals of all applicable certificates (qualifying degrees, national examinations, category certificate, etc) during the interview. All attachments should be sent in as a single consolidated PDF. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing for the interview. Applications failing to the meet minimum criteria will not be considered. Interviews may be conducted over video conference in exceptional cases if this is indicated by the applicant beforehand. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A printed copy of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at the time of interview
- Applicants must bring all certificates (original + one copy) at the time of interview for the purpose of verification.
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Thiruvanathapuram. Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates.
- Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader/ Principal Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
Address For The Job: IISER – Thiruvananthapuram, Computer Science Building, College of Engineering Trivandrum Campus, Thiruvananthapuram – 695016, Kerala, India
Last Date to Apply: 31/08/2017
- Assured 3 Lakhs Job at HDFC LIFE – Apply Now
- One Year Distance MBA for Just Rs.29,999
- TATA AIA LIFE Young Pioneers Programme – Assured Salary 2.8 Lakh Per Annum – APPLY NOW