ICTS Graduate Program
For the PhD program
- Eligibility : MSc / MS in Physics, or equivalent, on completion of undergraduate/masters program(s) of duration not less than 5 years in total For Integrated PhD program Eligibility : ME / MTech/ BSc / BS / BE / BTech / BChem or any other degree in Science, Engineering or Medicine. The applicant should have completed an undergraduate/masters program of duration not less than 3 years. Candidates with 4 or more years of undergraduate education have fewer course credit requirements at ICTS.
All the selected students receive a graduate scholarship from ICTS. The current scholarship amounts are given below.
- PhD pre-registration Fellowship :Rs. 25,000/- p.m Contingency grant : Rs. 32,000/- p.a.
- PhD post-registration (max 5 years from date of joining) Fellowship:Rs. 28,000/- p.m, Contingency grant Rs. 32,000/- p.a.
- PhD post-registration (beyond 5 years upto a max of 1 year) Fellowship :Rs. 14,000/- p.m
- 1st year Fellowship: Rs. 16,000/- p.m, Book allowance: Rs. 20,000/- p.a.
- 2nd year Fellowship:Rs. 25,000/- p.m, Contingency grant :Rs. 32,000/- p.a.
I-PhD post-registration (max 6 years from date of joining)
- Fellowship: Rs. 28,000/- p.m,Contingency grant: Rs. 32,000/- p.a. I-PhD post-registration (beyond 6 years upto a max of 1 year) Fellowship Rs. 14,000/- p.m
- The first level of selection to the ICTS graduate program is performed using results from the following national exams:TIFR GS Exam,JEST (Physics),GATE (Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics) ,CSIR UGC NET (Physical Sciences – JRF eligible)
- Candidates with M.Tech. / M.E. / M.S. (Engg.) can submit their earlier scores of GATE / equivalent. The dates and centers of all the tests are advertised in major national newspapers. The cutoff ranks/score for the 2017 admission are:JEST: Rank between 1 to 100,GATE: 99.5 percentile and above, CSIR UGC NET (JRF Qualified): Rank between 1 to 50
- Applicants qualified in the written tests should apply online for being considered for further selection.
Personal interviews :Performance in the national exam, along with the additional information requested in the online application form will be used to short list candidates for a written test (test in problem solving) and personal interview to be held at ICTS, Bangalore. The final selection is based on the written test and interview conducted at ICTS.