On 24/08/2017, ICRISAT announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed Ph.D for the position of Global Head of Breeding.
International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics ICRISAT Jobs 2017 proposes to receive the application from applicants in Online Mode. Eligible candidates can submit their application to International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics ICRISAT before 30/09/2017. All those aspiring to apply can check out various information like eligibility criteria, salary, Total vacancy, Selection Procedure, Job description, last date, Application procedure and other key information required for the post below. Kindly go through all the below details before submitting your application Online. We wish all the very best to all candidates applying through Fresherslive.
|Vacancy Name||Global Head of Breeding|
|Last Date To Apply||30/09/2017|
- Lead the development of ICRISAT breeding program strategy to enhance genetic gains for dryland cereals and legumes
- Oversee breeding program operations across all breeding zones and lead implementation of systems, procedures and guidelines for effective product development
- Provide guidance to modernize breeding programs in areas such as breeding methodology, phenotyping, application of molecular tools, mechanization, and automation of operations, testing strategy and data analysis and interpretation
- Lead ICRISAT breeding program integration effort across all support functions
- Ensure breeding pipelines are properly aligned with product concepts and the target population of the environment (TPE)
- Develop and utilize methods to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of breeding programs the Institute supports
- Support development of training programs to upgrade skills of scientists and support personnel.
- Develop proposals to fund operations and breeding program modernization at ICRISAT and at national programs level
- Coordinate closely with CGIAR initiatives, CRPs and platforms, such as the Excellence in Breeding Platform
- PhD in plant breeding or related fields with a minimum of 10 years of post-doctoral experience
- In-depth understanding of practical breeding applications and logistical constraints relevant to breeding programs targeting the developing world including those from the CGIAR, national systems and the private sector
- Excellent understanding of new and established tools that pragmatically support modern breeding application and capacity development approaches that will accelerate their use in breeding programs targeting the developing world
- Experience in:
- Leading multi-institutional programs or projects.
- Developing strategies and results-based management frameworks (workplans, budgets, monitoring plans, reports).
- Building consensus among diverse needs of clients.
- Service provision and capacity development in areas relevant to ICRISAT Programs.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead teams and support collaboration
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills in English. French will be an advantage
- Experience in the private sector within Africa would be an advantage
- Demonstrated championing the critical areas of gender, youth, nutrition, knowledge sharing and innovation
- Demonstration of an entrepreneurial spirit with aptitude for innovation
General: This is an internationally recruited staff (IRS) position with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package payable in US dollars.
- only short listed candidates will be contacted.
How To Apply?
- Applicants should apply on or before September 30, 2017, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Address For The Job: International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics, Patancheru, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Last Date to Apply: 30/09/2017
- Assured 3 Lakhs Job at HDFC LIFE – Apply Now
- One Year Distance MBA for Just Rs.29,999
- TATA AIA LIFE Young Pioneers Programme – Assured Salary 2.8 Lakh Per Annum – APPLY NOW