Course content: The course contains radiation physics (including statistics, numerical methods), principles of radiation detection and measurement, radiation dosimetry and standardization, radiation biology, applications of ionizing radiation and radioisotopes in medicine, industry, agriculture and research, physics of radiotherapy and medical imaging; transport Of radioactive materials, radiation hazard evaluation and control, radiation emergencies and its management. The course also contains practicals and field training relevant to the practice Of Medical Physicists and Radiological Safety Officers. The total duration Of the field training is ten weeks (six weeks at BARC, two weeks each at Tata Memorial Hospital (T MH) and Radiation Medicine Centre (RMC), Mumbai]. The medium of instruction is English.
Eligibility criteria: The eligibility for admission to the Dip, R.P. course is M.Sc. (Physics) with not less than 60% marks in aggregate. In addition, the candidates should have B.Sc. Degree (Physics as a main subject) with not less than 60% marks in aggregate. In case of grade system, grade to percentage of marks conversion scheme obtained from the University should be submitted along with the application, failing which application will not be considered. The sponsored candidates should have at least one-year working experience in a radiotherapy department of Government Institution in India. The working experience will be counted from the date of enrolment in personal monitoring services. A certificate/declaration in this matter should be attached along with the application. The sponsored candidate should also submit a documentary evidence Of availing personal monitoring service from BARC/accredited laboratories.
Age limit: The upper age limit as on October 01, 2017: (a) General Category-26 years, b) OBC-29 years, (c) SC/ST-31 years. For physically challenged (PH) candidates, there is a relaxation of age by up to 10 years. The candidates with physical disabilities limited to the lower extremities, but permitting to stand, move and physically able to carry out the course work will only be considered. For the sponsored candidates of all categories the upper age limit as on October 01 , 2017 is 40 years.
Selection procedure: Selection of non-sponsored candidates is based on written test followed by an interview. Please note that CET is meant for screening the candidates and the final selection to the course is solely based on performance in the interview. (a) Common Entrace Test (CET) :The CET will be held at 11.00 hrs. on 03/09/2017 at New Training School Complex„ Anushaktinagar, BARC, Trombay, Mumbai — 400094. Admit Card will be generated on 25.08.2017, candidates are required to print Admit Card using their own login details. Without admit card, candidates will not be permitted to appear for CET. The result of CET will be declared on the same day at the same venue by 17.00 hrs. The CET (2 hours duration) will be based on Multiple Choice Questions with negative marking for incorrect answers.
Interview: II. Qualified Candidates of CET will be interviewed from 04/09/2017 (Monday) to 06/09/2017 (Wednesday) commencing from 10.00 hrs. at New Training School Complex, Anushaktinagar, Mumbai — 400 094. Selection of Sponsored Candidates is through interview only and hence eligible sponsored candidates will be called for the interview directly.
Stipend: On admission to the course, each non-sponsored candidate is eligible to receive a stipend of Rs.9300/- (Rupees nine thousand and three hundred only) per month for a period Of one year. The sponsored candidates are not eligible for the stipend.
Accommodation: All the candidates admitted to the course will be provided hostel accommodation at Anushaktinagar, Mumbai for one year. The charges as applicable towards this accommodation should be borne by the candidates.
Admission fee: The candidates should pay an admission fee Of 3000/- (Rupees three thousand only) at the time Of admission. The fee should be paid in the form Of a crossed Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of Accounts Officer, HBNI, payable at Mumbai. 9. Bond Non-sponsored candidates are required to execute a bond at the time of admission for continuing in the Dip. R. P. course for the full one year period. In case, the candidate desires to discontinue the course, he/she needs to refund the entire amount of the stipend received along with interest, as applicable.
- Interested candidates should submit their applications in an appropriate format along with a non-refundable application processing fee Of 200/- (Rupees two hundred only). With regard to payment of application fee, the candidate may download the three fold challan from the BARC website recruit.barc.qov.in and make the payment in any branch of the State Bank of India from 29/07/2017 to 21/08/2017. The portion of the challan marked “Institution Copy” should be attached along with the application by shortlisted candidates at the time of interview.
- The SC/ST applicants, Dependents of Defense Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA), women candidates and physically challenged candidates are exempted from payment of application fee. Payment of fees should be done only by using Challan. Any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
How to Apply:
- Applications will be accepted online only. Facility for online application will be available from 29/07/2017 to 21/08/2017. At the time of Online application, Only Sponsored Candidates should specifically indicate Sponsorship details such as Name of Institution sponsoring the candidate with address in the column titled “Other Information”. Photograpth : Front face photograph (passport size) With light background should be uploaded with the application.
- In the case Of sponsored candidates, the sponsoring institute must certify (Annexucg__!) that their candidate is a full time/permanent employee employed by the Institution and on successful completion of the course and subsequent successful completion of one-year internship programme in a reputed radiotherapy centre, he/she would be designated as a Medical Physicist. Person working in the Central I State Government / Public Sector Undertaking should submit their applications through proper channel.
- They may however, submit advance copy online. Applications, which are not in the prescribed form (Online) are liable to be rejected Applications, which do not adhere to the requirements as described in the advertisement will be rejected. Mere fulfilling of requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for the written test or interview as only limited number of candidates (selection is based on the merit) will be called for the written test or interview. No correspondence shall be entertained from the candidates who are not called for the written test/ interview. Canvassing in any form will lead to a disqualification. For online submission Of application visit the website.