VELS Admissions 2019
by Padmashree | Last updated: Apr 15, 2020
Overview for Vels University Admission-2019
Aspirants who are seeking admission in Vels University will have to submit the application form on or before the last date. All the activities for the Vels University Chennai Admission 2019 shall take place as per the schedule provided below. (VTUEEE Results 2020 Click Here)
Application form Submission
Date of Vels Entrance Test (for Professional courses)
To be announced
VELS university Application Form-2019
All the eligible candidates can apply online from the official website of the University. Only the qualified candidates will be able to fill the application form for Admission. Therefore, all the candidates recommended to read and understand all the instructions carefully.
Apply Online: Candidates may access the given below links to apply for the Admission.
How to Apply for VELS University Admissions 2019 Online?
Fill out the application form with accurate information.
All fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory to submit your application. Please ensure to use a correct email address and contact no. It also allows us to contact you via email with important updates, wherever necessary. Once your application form filled, your account automatically created. Your email ID will be your username. You can log in to your account as many times as needed to continue or modify your application within 30 days. A payment to be made toward the application fee can make using the following methods :
- Pay online directly by using your debit/credit cards or net banking.
- Pay by DD favoring Vels University payable at Chennai and addressed to The Registrar, Vels University, Velan Nagar, P.V. Vaithialingam Road, Pallavaram, Chennai – 600 117.
The candidate's application will be processed once we have received your application fee. If you wish to apply for more than one course, then pls fill up the application form a second time and follow the same steps as above. If you have questions about the application process, please call 0 7305 111 222. For any other doubt, please send an email to [email protected]
Detailed Information about Application Form
Registration forms will be received even after the specified last date. Such applications will be registered as Late Applications and will consider after all the applications received on time have processed. All applications filled, along with the registration fee, should be sent either by registered post or can be handed over in person at the university office and should have the following enclosed: Candidate three passport size photographs of the applicant. Two self-addressed stamped ( R10/-) envelopes along with photocopies of the following Documents.
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination.
- Provisional Pass Certificate/Degree Certificate
- Transfer Certificate and Conduct/Degree Certificate from the institute last studied.
- Community Certificate.
- Candidates who have graduated from other universities should get an eligibility certificate.
- Any other document/certificate required by the University/Director of Technical Education/Government of Tamil Nadu.
- All communications should address to The Registrar, and the envelope should superscribe with Application for Admission to Course.
Eligibility for Under Graduate Programmes
- For any discipline, candidates must have completed 12 years of formal schooling.
- Students who meet the eligibility as prescribed in the admission prospectus will consider for entry.
- Evidence of required academic performance must be in the form of certified English transcripts listing all the courses with grades or marks earned.
Eligibility criteria for Postgraduate Programmes
- For any discipline, the student must have completed 12 years of formal education, followed by a Bachelor’s degree of at least three years duration.
- Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria as prescribed in the admission prospectus will consider for admission.
- However, entry to a postgraduate course is restricted, and the applicant should have an excellent academic record to stand a fair chance for access.
VELS University 2019-Admission Procedure
- University Admissions to various academic programs organized on all India basis Advertisements in leading dailies.
- University Registration- direct sales and via website.
- Registration of students in Qualify courses.
- Preparation of Rank list and checking eligibility
- Medical Examinations (Maritime Studies)
- Provisional selection based on the merit (as per Central Govt. reservation norms) irrespective of region, caste, creed, or sex.
- Interview cards sent to applicants
- Provide admission cards and payment of fees
- For all the Professional courses, admissions based on marks scored in the entrance examination and qualifying examinations.(VELS University result 2019 Check here)
General Rules for VELS University
- Students should not allow the University premises during class hours without written permission of the HOD / Competent authority.
- Candidates should be punctual in attending classes and other co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Latecomers will not permit in the class.
- Students will be responsible for all equipment entrusted to them. And should not cause any damage to any property, equipment, instruments, tools of the University. An amount of Rs.150 towards maintenance is payable by each Student at the end of the academic year, before Exams. In case of any damage, the actual fee will recover from the Student along with a fine.
- Students take care of their belongings while within the Campus. VELS University will not be responsible for any loss of such possession.
- The use of Mobile phones, Pagers, Cameras, etc., is prohibited inside the Campus, during College hours, from 10 am to 4 pm. If found in contravention, they will confiscate
- Smoking and consumption of pane restricted inside the Campus. The use of any intoxicants or drugs is prohibited and will lead to immediate dismissal from the University.
- Students not allowed weapons must not be brought into or kept within the University Campus.
- Students should show their Identity Card prominently, while they are within the Campus and while traveling on the University bus. The Staff will not permit any student inside the Campus without their identity card.
- Students should dress in a presentable manner. T-shirts and sleeveless dresses are not permitted. Jeans, of a decent nature only, are allowed.
- The management reserves the right to change the class timings.
- Students should not hold any meetings/collect any money from other students without proper intimation from the HOD.
- Students should not involve in any political/ religious activity inside the Campus.
- Ragging is banned and is punishable as per the Government Order. If any student found to be indulging in any ragging or harassment to juniors or other fellow students, inside or outside the Campus, bus, hostel, he/she will be dismissed immediately from the University, and criminal action will take against them as per the campus rules and regulations.
- The following acts of misconduct will result in immediate dismissal from the University:
Assault of any person
Wilful damage to University property
Intimidation, coercion, and interference with other students
Misbehavior with other students and Staff
Official Website www.velsuniv.ac.in