29 March 2017 Current Affairs: 'SBI Card' launched the Unnati Credit Card to spread credit inclusion.
Launched by: Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines, Piyush Goyal in New Delhi.
Features of Unnati:-
• The Unnati would have no annual fees (Rs 499/year) for the initial four years and the credit card will be offered through 20,000-plus State Bank of India (SBI) branches.
• The card is targeted at all SBI customers, including the Jan Dhan account-holders across the country. And, It is primarily tailored for new users of credit cards, those who do not have a credit history.
• Any SBI customer with a balance of at least Rs 25,000 in the savings account is eligible for the Unnati credit card.
• The Easy Bill Pay facility of the card can be used to pay electricity, telephone, mobile and other utility bills.
• The card is accepted in over 24 million outlets across the globe, including 3,25,000 outlets in India.
• With SBI Card Unnati, add-on cards will be provided to the customer's parents, spouse, children or siblings above the age of 18.
SBI Card:- SBI Card, launched in October 1998, is a joint venture between the State Bank of India (SBI) and the GE Capital, the financial services arm of the US-based General Electric (GE).
SBI Chairman: Arundhati Bhattacharya
SBI Card CEO: Vijay Jasuja