01 March 2017 Current Affairs: The UK-India Year of Culture 2017 was launched on 27 February 2017 at Buckingham Palace to mark a year-long celebration of the strong relationship shared between the UK and India. Queen Elizabeth II hosted a gala event to mark the launch.Top Indian celebrities arrived at the event such as Anoushka Shankar, Gurinder Chadha and Shiamak Davar. Additionally, The Big Bang Theory‘s Kunal Nayyar, Ayesha Dharker and Nina Wadia were also in attendance. Anil Kapoor also attended the event as a special guest.
On arrival, guests watched an Indian dance performance entitled 'Ekam' in the reception.
The UK India Year of Culture marked its launch as the BFI National Archives announce a restoration of silent film Shiraz. Shiraz looks at the 17th century love story behind the construction of the Taj Mahal.
A Year-Long Celebration
• Throughout 2017, UK India Year of Culture will hold special events, exhibitions and activities in both the UK and India. It will celebrate India’s heritage and culture throughout the United Kingdom.
• Year 2017 will see an incredible programme of cultural events and activities in India organised by the British Council, and a similar programme in the UK organised by the Government of India.
• Major UK and Indian institutions will also participate in the events such as the BFI National Archive and India@UK2017.
• Much anticipated blockbuster 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' will get its UK premiere on 27 April 2017 as part of the cultural celebrations held to mark the 70th anniversary of India’s independence.
• British/German/Indian film will be premiered on 14 October 2017 at the 61st London Film Festival. India will also get a screening of the film too by the Taj Mahal.
• The BFI also plan to screen the India on Film Programme from April to December 2017. It will showcase a wide range of exciting Indian films including Bollywood 2.0.
• Shows will be held in various cities, including London and Edinburgh. They will also support other Indian productions, such as Ravi Shankar’s Sukanya and the London Indian film festival.
• India and the World: A History in Nine Stories, an exhibition, will be held at the British Museum to coincide with the 70th Anniversary of India’s independence. It will open in November 2017, in time with the Partition’s anniversary.
FreshersLive - No.1 Job site in India. Here you can find latest 2018 government as well as private job recruitment notifications for different posts vacancies in India. Get top company jobs for both fresher and experienced. Job Seekers can get useful interview tips, resume services & interview Question and answer. Practice online test free which is helpful for interview preparation. Register with us to get latest employment news/rojgar samachar notifications. Also get latest free govt and other sarkari naukri job alerts daily through E-mail.