13 October 2018 Current Affairs: Central Government has approved a special package for generation of employment in leather and footwear sector.
The package consist of implementation of Central Sector Scheme Indian Footwear, Leather & Accessories Development Programme (IFLADP) with approved expenditure of Rs. 2600 Crore for 2017-20.
Under IFL ADP 4 projects worth 107.33 crore have been approved in Tamil Nadu by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
- Upgradation of Tala Trichy Common Effluent Treatment Plant (CETP) at Trichy
- Pallavaram CETP at Nagalkeni Chrompet
- SIDCO Phase-I CEPT at Ranipet
- Perundurai leather industries Eco Security Pvt. Ltd. at Erode.
- DIPP also approved mega leather cluster at Bantala in West Bengal.
- This will attract an investment of Rs. 400 to 500 crore.