March 2017 Current Affairs
28 MAR
NEWS
27 MAR
NEWS
25 MAR
NEWS
24 MAR
NEWS
23 MAR
NEWS
22 MAR
NEWS

February 2017 Current Affairs
28 FEB
NEWS
27 FEB
NEWS
25 FEB
NEWS
24 FEB
NEWS
23 FEB
NEWS
22 FEB
NEWS

January 2017 Current Affairs
31 JAN
NEWS
30 JAN
NEWS
28 JAN
NEWS
27 JAN
NEWS
25 JAN
NEWS
24 JAN
NEWS

December 2016 Current Affairs
31 DEC
NEWS
30 DEC
NEWS
29 DEC
NEWS
28 DEC
NEWS
27 DEC
NEWS
26 DEC
NEWS

November 2016 Current Affairs
30 NOV
NEWS
29 NOV
NEWS
28 NOV
NEWS
26 NOV
NEWS
25 NOV
NEWS
24 NOV
NEWS

RBI relaxes norms for banks holding power utilities’ debt

RBI relaxes norms for banks holding power utilities’ debt
19 March 2016 Current Affairs: The Reserve Bank has provided some relief to banks holding bonds of debt-ridden State Electricity Boards (SEBs) that were issued to them as part of the cleaning up exercises of these power utilities.According to sources, banks have been allowed to keep Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana (UDAY) scheme bonds under the held-to-maturity (HTM) category.This will ease pressure on bond yields and debt market, sources said.HTM refers a part of debt holdings of the banks which are not subjected to daily price movement and can be held by banks till maturity.Earlier in the day Power Minister Piyush Goyal retweeted that the central bank has allowed lenders to hold the bonds under the HTM category.Under the UDAY scheme, state governments which own the power discoms, can take over 75 per cent of their debt as of September 30 and pay back lenders by selling bonds.For the remaining 25 per cent, discoms will issue bonds. The rescue plan, called Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojna or UDAY, provides “a permanent resolution of past as well as potential future issues of the sector” and empowers the utilities to break even in next 2-3 years.Operational efficiency improvements are proposed to be brought in by compulsory smart metering, upgradation of transformers and meters to reduce electricity lost during transmission and distribution (or theft) from around 22 per cent to 15 per cent by 2018-19, as per the scheme.


March 2017 Current affairs
28 MAR
NEWS
27 MAR
NEWS
25 MAR
NEWS
24 MAR
NEWS
23 MAR
NEWS
22 MAR
NEWS

February 2017 Current affairs
28 FEB
NEWS
27 FEB
NEWS
25 FEB
NEWS
24 FEB
NEWS
23 FEB
NEWS
22 FEB
NEWS




January 2017 Current affairs
31 JAN
NEWS
30 JAN
NEWS
28 JAN
NEWS
27 JAN
NEWS
25 JAN
NEWS
24 JAN
NEWS

December 2016 Current affairs
31 DEC
NEWS
30 DEC
NEWS
29 DEC
NEWS
28 DEC
NEWS
27 DEC
NEWS
26 DEC
NEWS

November 2016 Current affairs
30 NOV
NEWS
29 NOV
NEWS
28 NOV
NEWS
26 NOV
NEWS
25 NOV
NEWS
24 NOV
NEWS



FreshersLive - No.1 Job site in India. Fresherslive Current Affairs 2017 section offers informative quiz questions with answers regarding latest current affairs today for all sorts of competitive exams like UPSC, TNPSC , IFS, IAS, IPS, railway exams (RRB) and banking exams like IPBS PO, IPBS clerk, Federal Bank PO, ICICI, SBI, RBI legal officer & Grade officer posts and much more. Register with us to get latest Current Affairs Updates. Also get latest Current Affairs news and quiz Updates for free alerts daily through E-mail

Get Daily Current Affairs to your Email

You can Unsubscribe us at any time.

Get Daily Current Affairs to your Email

You can Unsubscribe us at any time.