30 September 2016 Current Affairs: Railways Minister Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu has launched various Railways Services and dedicated them to the nation on 29 September 2016. These Railways services are:
Liberalised station to station special freight rates policy :
- Liberalised station to station special freight rates policy.
- Policy providing sub quota of 33% to women within reserved categories for the allotment in catering units.
- Policy giving preference to local domicile holders for commercial licenses at stations.
- New system of allocating vacant berths after final charting to wayside stations.
- Launch of the new tag Train at a Glance 2016 and new Time Table effective from 1 October 2016.
Existing as well as new traffic shall be eligible.Concession shall be granted up to a maximum of 30 percent on the incremental traffic over and above the benchmark NTKM.Policy providing sub quota of 33% to women for the allotment in catering units :
A Sub Quota of 33 percent for women in allotment of the reserved catering units was introduced in order to extend economic empowerment for women.Policy giving preference to local domicile holders for commercial licenses at stations :
In compliance of Budget Announcement 2016-17, a process of giving weightage to district Domicile Holders for commercial licenses at stations is being proliferated at all stations over Indian Railways.Transfer of vacant berths for optimal utilisation of berths :
This facility of transfer of berths remaining vacant after second charting at the train originating station to the next and subsequent stations will clear the way for the waitlisted passengers at such stations.