President of India gives assent to The Constitution (One Hundred and third Amendment) ACT, 2019

People possessing agricultural land below five acres and residential house below 1000 square feet.For Urban areas, people living in the residential plot below 100 yards in notified municipality and residential plot below 200 yards in the non-notified municipal areas.
Arjun Manjunadha

Updated: Jan 14,2019 10:11:07 am

President of India gives assent to The Constitution (One Hundred and third Amendment) ACT, 2019

14 January 2019 Current Affairs:President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind gave his assent to the Constitution (One Hundred and Third Amendment) Act, 2019 which grants 10 percent reservation in jobs and educational institutions to the economically weaker sections in the general category.
The Act amends Articles 15 and 16 of the Constitution to provide reservation to the economically weaker sections in the general category.
The 10 percent reservation will be in addition to the existing 50 percent reservation for the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (OBC) making the total reservation quota 60%.
Following a group of general category, people are eligible for the reservation as per the law
Families with Income below Rs 8 lakh per annum.
Free Current Affairs to Your Email

Latest Current Affairs 2020

Daily Current Affairs 2020



Subscribe to Current Affairs

Enter your email to get daily Current Affairs
Current Affairs PDF

Current Affairs 2020 February

February 20
News Quiz
February 19
News Quiz
February 18
News Quiz
February 17
News Quiz

Current Affairs 2020 January

January 31
News Quiz
January 30
News Quiz
January 29
News Quiz
January 28
News Quiz

Current Affairs 2019 December

December 31
News Quiz
December 30
News Quiz
December 29
News Quiz
December 28
News Quiz