13 September 2016 Current Affairs: A revenge drama Ang Babaeng Humayo (The Woman Who Left) won the Golden Lion for Best Film Award at the 73 Venice Film Festival on 10 September 2016 .
Ang Babaeng Humayo is nearly four-hour black and white revenge drama film about a woman’s thirst for revenge and her feelings of forgiveness after 30 years in jail for a crime she did not commit.
On the other hand, Russian director Andrei Konchalovsky and Mexican film director Amat Escalante shared Silver Lion for Best Direction for their respective films Paradise and The Untamed.
Tom Ford's noir thriller Nocturnal Animals from the U.S. won the Grand Jury Prize.List of winners:
- Golden Lion: Lav Diaz for Ang Babaeng Humayo
- Silver Lion Director (tie): Andre Konchalovsky for Paradise and Amat Escalante for The Untamed
- Jury Grand Prize: Nocturnal Animals
- Special Jury Prize: The Bad Batch
- Actor: Oscar Martinez for The Distinguished Citizen
- Actress: Emma Stone for La La Land
- Screenplay: Noah Oppenheim for Jackie
- Marcello Mastroianni Price for Young Performer: Paula Beer for Frantz
- Luigi De Laurentiis Lion of the Future: The Last of Us
- Venice Film Festival : The Venice Film Festival or Venice International Film Festival was founded in 1932.It is the oldest film festival in the world and one of the "Big Three" film festivals alongside the Cannes Film Festival and Berlin International Film Festival.
The film festival takes place in late August or early September on the island of the Lido, Venice, Italy. Screenings take place in the historic Palazzo del Cinema on the Lungomare Marconi and in other venues nearby. Since its inception, the Film Festival has become the most prestigious international film festival in the world.