28 April 2016 Current Affairs: A recent report released by Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has revealed that Mumbai is the noisiest City of India, followed by Lucknow and Hyderabad.
According to the report, Mumbai reported the maximum violation of safe noise levels for consistently longer periods during 2011-14.Delhi reported to be at number 4, credit goes to the higher green cover and road side plantations.Dilshad Garden, DCE and NSIT monitoring stations in Delhi showed the average noise level within the prescribed limits of 55 dB.
According to CPCB, though the most common source of noise pollution is motor vehicles, the other sources like generator sets, office machines, aircraft, industrial and construction activities too substantially contribute to increasing the noise level in the cities.Noisiest City and Not Noisiest of India :
- Mumbai -MPCB Headquarters - Thane
- Lucknow - Hazratganj - Indira Nagar
- Hyderabad- Punjagutta- Zoo Area
- Delhi - ITO- Dilshad Garden and DCE
- Chennai -Guindy - Eye Hospital
- Kolkata - Gole Park - Patauli
- Bengalaru - BTM - Nisarga Bhavan