Ministry of Railways dedicated Antyodaya Express to the nation
Posted on:23 Feb 2017 17:52:02
Free Current Affairs to Your Email
23 February 2017 Current Affairs: Union Minister of Railways Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu on 22 February 2017 dedicated Antyodaya Express to the nation at the Delhi Safdarjung Station. The Railway Board Chairman AK Mital was present on this occasion.
Antyodaya Express is a long-distance, fully unreserved and super fast train service for the common man. These trains, which will be operated only on dense routes, were proposed for the first time by Suresh Prabhu in his 2016-17 Railway Budget speech.
These coaches are fully unreserved Linke Hofmann Busch (LHB) second class coaches with the following additional amenities:
● Cushioned luggage racks which can serve as seats
● Additional hand holds in doorway area
● J-hook near longitudinal luggage racks
● Multiple unit cables at both ends of the coach
● Vestibuled ends for internal movement of the passengers
● Potable drinking water dispenser
● Mobile charging points
● Fire extinguisher with anti-theft lock
● FRP (Fibre Reinforced Plastic) Modular Toilets
● Pleasing interior colour scheme
● Display boards to indicate toilet occupancy
● Light Emitting Diodes
● SS Slip-free flooring at doorway and gangway
● Anti-graffiti coating for exterior painting
Ministry of Railways has identified following routes for the Antyodaya Express.
(i) 15567/15568 Darbhanga-Jalandhar City Antyodaya Express (Weekly)
(ii) 22885/22886 Lokmanya Tilak(T)-Tatanagar Antyodaya Express (Bi-weekly)
(iii) 22841/22842 Santragachi-Chennai Central Antyodaya Express (Weekly)
FreshersLive - No.1 Job site in India. Here you can find latest 2018 government as well as private job recruitment notifications for different posts vacancies in India. Get top company jobs for both fresher and experienced. Job Seekers can get useful interview tips, resume services & interview Question and answer. Practice online test free which is helpful for interview preparation. Register with us to get latest employment news/rojgar samachar notifications. Also get latest free govt and other sarkari naukri job alerts daily through E-mail.