25 May 2016 Current Affairs: Union Railway Minister, Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu inaugurated five new project namely
- New AC Weekly Express train between H. Nizamuddin-Pune,
- Expansion of VIKALP Scheme of Alternate Train Reservation to Delhi-Howrah, Delhi- Chennai, Delhi-Mumbai and Delhi-Secunderabad Circuits
- Pilot Project of Sale of Unreserved Tickets through Hand Held Terminals
- Launching of Ergonomically Redesigned & Optimised Tools for Track Gangs, Keymen & Patrolmen
- Pilot Project for Improving Safety at Unmanned Level Crossing.
Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu inaugurated following activities through video conferencing from Mumbai. Simultaneously, there was a parallel ceremony at H. Nizamuddin Railway Station where Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Science and Technology & Earth Sciences and Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha were specially present to grace the occasion. Chairman, Railway Board, Shri A. K. Mital Member Traffic Mohd. Jamshed, Member Engineering V.K. Gupta, Member Mechanical Hemant Kumar along with other senior officials were also present on the occasion.