02 March 2017 Current Affairs: Jayant Malaiyya, the finance minister of Madhya Pradesh, on 1 March 2017 presented the annual state budget of the financial year 2017-18 in the legislative assembly. The size of the budget 2017-18 is Rs 185564.27 crore, with a revenue surplus of Rs 4596.40 crore.
While presenting the budget, Malaiyya announced that the recommendations of Seventh Pay Commission will be implemented from 1 January 2016. The hiked salaries will be paid from July 2017; however, arrears of 18 months will be paid in instalments.
As per a report, the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission will benefit about eight lakh government employees including four lakh regular employees.
• Fiscal Deficit: Estimated at 3.49 per cent of GSDP.
• Revenue Surplus: Estimated at 0.63 per cent of GSDP.
• Interest payments: Estimated at 8.30 per cent of Revenue Receipts.
Highlights of allocations in the 2017-18 Madhya Pradesh Budget
Agriculture: Allocations in the agriculture section were made under different heads and they are
• Rs 33564 crore was allocated for the year 2017-18 for 'Krishi' Budget.
• Rs 2000 crore was allocated for "Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme"
• Rs 400 crore was allocated for Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
• Rs 305 crore was allocated for National Food Security Mission.
• Rs 40 crore was allocated for agricultural mechanisation
• Rs 46 crore was allocated subsidy for Tractor and agricultural equipment.
• Rs 14 crore was allocated grant for the establishment of Custom Hiring Centre.
• Rs 140 crore was allocated for micro-irrigation.
• Rs 92 crore was allocated for Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojna.
• Rs 62 crore was allocated for National Horticulture Mission.
• Rs 50 crore was allocated for Crop Insurance Scheme.
• Rs 50 crore was allocated to enhance the storage capacity for onion.
Veterinary and Fisheries
• Rs 91 crore was allocated for fisheries.
• Rs 1001 crore was allocated for various departmental schemes.
• Rs 2704 crore was allocated for various schemes of Forest Department.
• Rs 102 crore was allocated for plantation of fruit and non-fruit trees on Narmada river bank.
• Rs 3500 crore was allocated for Housing for All scheme in rural areas under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana.
• Rs 2642 crore was allocated under the recommendation of the 14th Finance Commission.
• Rs 2000 crore was allocated under Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme.
• Rs 1750 crore was allocated for the disposal/management of liquid and solid waste in 3000 Gram Panchayats under Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan.
• Rs 1127 crore was allocated for providing basic amenities to Panchayats.
• Rs 633 crore was allocated for National Rural Livelihood Mission.
• Rs 1000 crore was allocated for 'Housing for All' scheme in urban areas.
• Rs 700 crore was allocated for 'AMRUT Yojana'
• Rs 700 crore was allocated under SMART City Scheme. It proposes to include Sagar and Satna City in the second phase.
• Rs 600 crore was allocated for Swacch Bharat Abhiyan'.
• Rs 190 crore was allocated for 'Mukhyamantri Shahari Peyajal Yojna'.
• Rs 170 crore was allocated for UIDSSMT
• Rs 105 crore was allocated under National Urban Livelihood Mission.
• Rs 10 crore was allocated for developing infrastructure under 'Deendayal Rasoi Yojana'.
Women and Child Development
• Rs 972 crore was allocated under 'Ladli Laxmi Yojana'.
• Rs 90 crore was allocated for construction of Anganwadi buildings.
• Establishment of 6 new rehabilitation centres.
• The increase in the number of beds in 24 rehabilitation centres.
Roads and Bridges
• Rs 5966 crore was allocated for Roads and Bridges.
• Rs 2850 crore was allocated for PMGSY in the year 2017-18.
• Rs 1418 crore was allocated for maintenance of roads.
• Rs 400 crore was allocated for 'Mukhyamantri Gram Sadak evam Adhosanrachana Yojana'.
• Rs 186 crore was allocated for State Rural Road connectivity scheme.
• Rs 9850 crore was allocated under the capital head for irrigation schemes.
• Development of irrigation capacity of 33 lac hectares of agricultural land during the 12th Five Year period in irrigation schemes.
• Program to facilitate water supply through pipelines in habitations with population of more than 1000.
• Rs 552 crore was allocated for 'Samooh Nal Jal Yojna'.
• Rs 900 crore was allocated for State rural drinking water program.
• 90 per cent increase in the budget of PHE department for the year 2017-18 as compared to 2016-17(RE).
• Recruitment of 36000 teachers.
• Provision for scholarship/Stipend - Rs 703 crore for ST students Rs 740 crore for SC students and Rs 850 crore for OBC students was made.
• Rs 214 crore and Rs 189 crore were allocated in School Education and Tribal Department respectively for construction of buildings.
• Rs 101 crore was allocated for hostel, Ashrams and Buildings for SC Students.
• Rs 92 crore was allocated for the purchase of NCERT books.
• Rs 90 crore was allocated for construction of 30 new hostels.
• Rs 52 crore was allocated for the hostel in district level Excellence Schools.
• Rs 50 crore was allocated for the strengthening of ashram and hostels of Scheduled Tribes.
• Rs 48 crore was allocated for establishment, management and security of girls' hostels
• Rs 45 crores was allocated for maintenance of school buildings
• Rs 35 crores was allocated for electricity connections in schools
• Rs 30 crore was allocated for furniture in schools
• Rs 27 crore was allocated for laboratory equipment
• Upgradation of 520 High Schools and 240 Higher Secondary Schools
• Establishment of 2 New residential 'Gurukulam' in Tribal Areas.
• To encourage girls’ education, bicycles will be provided to girl students who take admission in class 11.
• Construction of Girls Hostels.
• Rs 215 crore was allocated for Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan.
• Rs 200 crore was allocated for construction of college buildings and hostels under World Bank Project.
• Rs 100 crore was allocated for development of 10 Excellence ITIs.
• Rs 100 crore was allocated for 2.5 lakh youngsters and 2 lakh women to train them under 'Mukhyamantri Kaushal Samwardhan and Kaushlya Scheme.
• Provision of Rs 1000 crore was made for creation of fund for meritorious students under 'Mukhyamantri Medhavi Vidyarthi Yojana'.
• Reimbursement of tuition fees as a grant to students who score more than 85per cent in 12th and join prestigious National level institutions.
Backward Classes Welfare
• Rs 823 crore was allocated for the scholarship to backward blasses students.
• Rs 50 crore was allocated for Vimukt, Ghumakkad evam ardh-ghumakkad.
• Rs 30 crore was allocated for modernisation of Madarsas.
• Provision of Rs 19 crore was made for the construction of hostels for Backward Classes students.
• Rs 20 crore was allocated for self-employment training to backward classes category.
• Rs 4.5 crore was allocated under other grants.
• Rs 4 crore was allocated for training.
• Rs 48 crore was allocated under various schemes.
Medical Education and Public Health
• Rs 590 crore was allocated for construction of 7 new Medical College buildings.
• Infrastructure development in Medical Colleges already existing.
• Increasing the capacity of district hospital Indore, Morena and Sheopur.
• MRI and CT scan facility in all District Hospitals.
• Upgradation of Primary Health Center Devsar, Satwar and Hastinapur into Community Health Center
• Providing "Vyavsayik Dakshatavarodh' compensation allowance @ 20 per cent to doctors posted in PHC of rural areas and @25 per cent to doctors in notified rural areas.
• Compensation allowance @ 25 per cent to Specialist Doctors posted in notified areas and 20 per cent to doctors posted in Community Health Centres.
• Proposal to make available the Infrastructure facilities for surgery in Government Hospital to Private Doctors.
FreshersLive - No.1 Job site in India. Here you can find latest 2017 government as well as private job recruitment notifications for different posts vacancies in India. Get top company jobs for both fresher and experienced. Job Seekers can get useful interview tips, resume services & interview Question and answer. Practice online test free which is helpful for interview preparation. Register with us to get latest employment news/rojgar samachar notifications. Also get latest free govt and other sarkari naukri job alerts daily through E-mail.