December 2016 Current Affairs

November 2016 Current Affairs
30 NOV
NEWS
29 NOV
NEWS
28 NOV
NEWS
26 NOV
NEWS
25 NOV
NEWS
24 NOV
NEWS

October 2016 Current Affairs
31 OCT
NEWS
27 OCT
NEWS
26 OCT
NEWS
25 OCT
NEWS
24 OCT
NEWS
22 OCT
NEWS

September 2016 Current Affairs
30 SEP
NEWS
29 SEP
NEWS
28 SEP
NEWS
27 SEP
NEWS
26 SEP
NEWS
24 SEP
NEWS

August 2016 Current Affairs
31 AUG
NEWS
30 AUG
NEWS
29 AUG
NEWS
27 AUG
NEWS
26 AUG
NEWS
25 AUG
NEWS

Lok Sabha passes Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill, 2015

Lok Sabha passes Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill, 2015
05 May 2016 Current Affairs: The Lok Sabha passed the Compensatory Afforestation Fund Bill, 2015 for the establishment of funds under the public accounts of Centre and each State towards compensatory afforestation. It also provides for additional afforestation and penal compensatory afforestation to regulate collected funds.

Features of the bill  : It seeks to establish the National Compensatory Afforestation Fund under the Public Account of India, and a State Compensatory Afforestation Fund under the Public Account of each state. The payments into the funds include compensatory afforestation, net present value of forest (NPV), and any project specific payments. The National Fund will get 10% of funds collected and the remaining 90% will go to respective State Fund. The collected funds will be utilised for afforestation, regeneration of forest ecosystem, wild life protection and forest related infrastructure development. The bill also seeks to establish National and State Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authorities to manage the funds. The determination of NPV will be delegated to an expert committee constituted by the central government

The Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980 (FCA) governs diversion or use of forest land for non-forest purposes such as industrial or infrastructure projects. A company diverting forest land must provide alternative land for taking up compensatory afforestation. For the afforestation purpose, the company should pay for planting new trees in the alternative land provided to the state. The loss of forest ecosystem must also be compensated by paying for (NPV). In 2002, the Supreme Court of India observed that collected funds for afforestation were underutilised by the states and it ordered for centrally pooling of funds under ad hoc Compensatory Afforestation Fund. The court had set up the ad hoc National Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (National CAMPA) to manage the Fund. In 2009, states also had set up State CAMPAs that receive 10% of funds form National CAMPA to use for afforestation and forest conservation. However, in 2013, a CAG report identified that the funds continued to be underutilised.


December 2016 Current affairs

November 2016 Current affairs
30 NOV
NEWS
29 NOV
NEWS
28 NOV
NEWS
26 NOV
NEWS
25 NOV
NEWS
24 NOV
NEWS




October 2016 Current affairs
31 OCT
NEWS
27 OCT
NEWS
26 OCT
NEWS
25 OCT
NEWS
24 OCT
NEWS
22 OCT
NEWS

September 2016 Current affairs
30 SEP
NEWS
29 SEP
NEWS
28 SEP
NEWS
27 SEP
NEWS
26 SEP
NEWS
24 SEP
NEWS

August 2016 Current affairs
31 AUG
NEWS
30 AUG
NEWS
29 AUG
NEWS
27 AUG
NEWS
26 AUG
NEWS
25 AUG
NEWS



FreshersLive - No.1 Job site in India. Fresherslive Current Affairs 2016 section offers informative quiz questions with answers regarding latest current affairs today for all sorts of competitive exams like UPSC, TNPSC , IFS, IAS, IPS, railway exams (RRB) and banking exams like IPBS PO, IPBS clerk, Federal Bank PO, ICICI, SBI, RBI legal officer & Grade officer posts and much more. Register with us to get latest Current Affairs Updates. Also get latest Current Affairs news and quiz Updates for free alerts daily through E-mail

Get Daily Current Affairs to your Email

You can Unsubscribe us at any time.

Get Daily Current Affairs to your Email

You can Unsubscribe us at any time.