Kerala launches Non Resident Keralites' Affairs (NORKA)

The kerala State government has decided to form Non Resident Keralites' Affairs (NORKA) which aims to channel investments from overseas Keralites for major infrastructure development in the state.
Arjun Manjunadha

Updated: Jul 13,2019 09:00:05 am

Kerala launches Non Resident Keralites' Affairs (NORKA)

13 July 2019 Current Affairs:The kerala State government has decided to form Non Resident Keralites' Affairs (NORKA), an Non-Resident Keralites (NRK) investment company which aims to channel investments from overseas Keralites for major infrastructure development in the state. The NRKs will hold 74 percent stake and the state government will hold the remaining 26 percent stake. The government focuses to utilise NRI investments for implementing various projects. Under NORKA, the company can set up a special purpose vehicle (SPV) or subsidiary company for the purpose.
 
NORKA: 
The government of Kerala has launched department of Non Resident Keralites' Affairs (NORKA) to redress the grievances of non resident Keralites. It aimed to strengthen the relationship between the NRKs and the Government of Kerala and the culmination of efforts for finding out solution to problems faced by NRK community. 
 
Aim:
NORKA Roots has been established by NORKA. It will act as a counsel for the non-resident keralites. Non-Resident Keralites Welfare Agency has also been established to implement schemes for the welfare and benefit of NRKs to channelise their expertise and resources. It will do more activities in all spheres that are connected with NRKs.
 
Functions:
NORKA can solve the petitions and take needed action on threats to the lives and property of those who are left at home, tracing of missing persons abroad, sponsor compensation, sponsors harassment, recruiting agents frauds, education facilities for children of NRKs, more flights introduction, etc. 
Free Current Affairs to Your Email

Latest Current Affairs 2020

Daily Current Affairs 2020



Subscribe to Current Affairs

Enter your email to get daily Current Affairs
Current Affairs PDF

Current Affairs 2020 January

January 28
News Quiz
January 27
News Quiz
January 26
News Quiz
January 25
News Quiz

Current Affairs 2019 December

December 31
News Quiz
December 30
News Quiz
December 29
News Quiz
December 28
News Quiz

Current Affairs 2019 November

November 30
News Quiz
November 29
News Quiz
November 28
News Quiz
November 27
News Quiz