March 2017 Current Affairs
27 MAR
NEWS
25 MAR
NEWS
24 MAR
NEWS
23 MAR
NEWS
22 MAR
NEWS
21 MAR
NEWS

February 2017 Current Affairs
28 FEB
NEWS
27 FEB
NEWS
25 FEB
NEWS
24 FEB
NEWS
23 FEB
NEWS
22 FEB
NEWS

January 2017 Current Affairs
31 JAN
NEWS
30 JAN
NEWS
28 JAN
NEWS
27 JAN
NEWS
25 JAN
NEWS
24 JAN
NEWS

December 2016 Current Affairs
31 DEC
NEWS
30 DEC
NEWS
29 DEC
NEWS
28 DEC
NEWS
27 DEC
NEWS
26 DEC
NEWS

November 2016 Current Affairs
30 NOV
NEWS
29 NOV
NEWS
28 NOV
NEWS
26 NOV
NEWS
25 NOV
NEWS
24 NOV
NEWS

HCC becomes first firm to get debt recast under RBI’s S4A Scheme

HCC becomes first firm to get debt recast under RBI’s S4A Scheme
07 November 2016 Current Affairs: Construction major Hindustan Construction Company (HCC) became India’s first firm to get debt recast under RBI’s new Scheme for Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets (S4A). The RBI-mandated Overseeing Committee (OC) under the S4A has approved HCC’s Rs. 5,000-crore debt recast passed by an ICICI Bank-led joint lender forum in September 2016.

52% of the debt (nearly Rs. 2,600 crore) was found to be sustainable and can be serviced as per original terms and conditions, including about interest rate and tenure. Out of the remaining 48% (Rs.2,400 crore) debt,  1,000 crore debt will be converted into equity for banks, which could eventually give them 25% stake in the company’s post-scheme equity capital. The remaining debt of Rs. 1,400 crore would get converted into optionally convertible debentures to be issued to the lenders. These measures would now go for approval from HCC’s shareholders.

Scheme for Sustainable Structuring of Stressed Assets (S4A) :  The RBI had launched S4A scheme to help resolve the corporate debt problem and strengthen the lenders’ ability to deal with stressed assets. Under this scheme, a company’s debt is bifurcated into two parts sustainable and unsustainable based on the cash flows of the company’s project. The sustainable debt cannot be less than 50% of existing debt and will have to be serviced over the same terms as that of existing facilities.

The unsustainable debt can be converted into equity, Optionally Convertible Debentures or Redeemable Optionally Convertible Preference Share with clearly spelt out terms. Banks can sell this stake or equity to a new owner who will have the advantage of getting to run the business with a more manageable debt.

 Banks or lenders will formulate the resolution plan and implement the same along with necessary internal approvals. RBI mandated advisory body called Overseeing Committee (OC) will be constituted, which will review the resolution plans submitted by the Banks.


March 2017 Current affairs
27 MAR
NEWS
25 MAR
NEWS
24 MAR
NEWS
23 MAR
NEWS
22 MAR
NEWS
21 MAR
NEWS

February 2017 Current affairs
28 FEB
NEWS
27 FEB
NEWS
25 FEB
NEWS
24 FEB
NEWS
23 FEB
NEWS
22 FEB
NEWS




January 2017 Current affairs
31 JAN
NEWS
30 JAN
NEWS
28 JAN
NEWS
27 JAN
NEWS
25 JAN
NEWS
24 JAN
NEWS

December 2016 Current affairs
31 DEC
NEWS
30 DEC
NEWS
29 DEC
NEWS
28 DEC
NEWS
27 DEC
NEWS
26 DEC
NEWS

November 2016 Current affairs
30 NOV
NEWS
29 NOV
NEWS
28 NOV
NEWS
26 NOV
NEWS
25 NOV
NEWS
24 NOV
NEWS



FreshersLive - No.1 Job site in India. Fresherslive Current Affairs 2017 section offers informative quiz questions with answers regarding latest current affairs today for all sorts of competitive exams like UPSC, TNPSC , IFS, IAS, IPS, railway exams (RRB) and banking exams like IPBS PO, IPBS clerk, Federal Bank PO, ICICI, SBI, RBI legal officer & Grade officer posts and much more. Register with us to get latest Current Affairs Updates. Also get latest Current Affairs news and quiz Updates for free alerts daily through E-mail

Get Daily Current Affairs to your Email

You can Unsubscribe us at any time.

Get Daily Current Affairs to your Email

You can Unsubscribe us at any time.