Electricity Access In India And Benchmarking Distribution Utilities Report

According to the report, 92% of customers reported the overall availability of electricity infrastructure within 50 metres of their premises.
Sheena

Updated: Nov 04, 2020 09:08:28 am

Electricity Access In India And Benchmarking Distribution Utilities Report

30 October 2020 Current Affairs:

NITI Aayog, Ministry of Power, Rockefeller Foundation, and Smart Power India launched the ‘Electricity Access in India and Benchmarking Distribution Utilities’ report on October 28, 2020.

Highlights:
♦ According to the report, 92% of customers reported the overall availability of electricity infrastructure within 50 metres of their premises.
♦ And 87 per cent of the surveyed customers have access to grid-based electricity. The remaining 13 per cent can use non-grid sources or do not use any electricity at all.
♦ The hours of supply have improved significantly across the customer categories to nearly 17 hrs/day.
♦ The report is based on a primary survey conducted across ten states, representing about 65 per cent of the total rural population of India and with a sample size of more than 25 thousand, including households, commercial enterprises and institutions.
♦ The report highlights the benefits of government-led schemes such as Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana and Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana.
♦ The key recommendations provided in the report in the areas of policy and regulation, process improvement and infrastructure will be utilized for improving the power distribution sector.
♦ The report underlines some best practices adopted by the better-performing electricity distribution utilities in India and provides key recommendations to enhance sustainable electricity access.

Free Current Affairs to Your Email

Latest Current Affairs 2020

International

Joint Trade Committee Meeting between India and Myanmar

Nov 28,2020 07:08:04 pm
India and Myanmar signed the Treaty of Friendship in 1951. The visit of Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi in 1987 laid the foundation for a stronger relationship between India and Myanmar.
Fresherslive . 10 hours ago
Indian Affairs

Mega Food Park Held in Punjab

Nov 28,2020 07:06:20 pm
Mega Food Parks Scheme was launched by the government in 2008. It provides financial assistance up to 50 crores to set up modern infrastructure facilities for food processing called Mega Food Parks.
Fresherslive . 10 hours ago
Important Days

Lachit Diwas is Celebrated in Assam

Nov 28,2020 07:04:11 pm
The Battle of Saraghart was a naval battle between the Mughal Empire and the Kingdom of Ahom.
Fresherslive . 10 hours ago
Indian Affairs

ATAL Faculty Development Programmes

Nov 28,2020 06:59:36 pm
ATAL Academy has also been listed in London's "World Records" and trained 100,000 people for more than 1,000 projects under "FDP".
Fresherslive . 10 hours ago
Indian Affairs

Aviation Safety Awareness Week was Observed on November

Nov 28,2020 06:57:29 pm
A week-long celebration will be held at all airports and ANS locations managed by AAI throughout India.
Fresherslive . 10 hours ago
Indian Affairs

Cabinet Secretary Chaired the Meeting of National Crisis Management Committee

Nov 28,2020 06:54:57 pm
The NCMC was constituted under the Cabinet Secretariat for effective implementation of relief measures in the wake of a natural calamity.
Fresherslive . 10 hours ago
Indian Affairs

E-Lok Adalats were Organized in 15 states

Nov 28,2020 06:51:58 pm
In November, this type of E-Lok Adalats was organized in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Telangana, handling a total of approximately 12,600 cases.
Fresherslive . 10 hours ago
Indian Affairs

National Medicinal Plants Board Founding Day

Nov 28,2020 06:15:29 pm
The main goal of NMPB is to encourage the cultivation and sustainable management of medicinal plants nationwide, and to reduce the pressure on the collection of forest wild habitats.
Fresherslive . 11 hours ago
Schemes

National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) Review By Union Health Minister

Nov 28,2020 06:11:41 pm
The Ayushman Bharat programme was launched in 2018 to address health issues at all levels primary, secondary, and tertiary.
Fresherslive . 11 hours ago
International

Indian Navy Refits Maldivian Ship CGS Huravee

Nov 28,2020 06:06:36 pm
MNDF CGS Huravee (formerly INS Tillanchang) is a locally produced Trinkat-class patrol ship built in 2001 at the Garden Reach shipyard and engineers in Kolkata.
Fresherslive . 11 hours ago

Daily Current Affairs 2020



Subscribe to Current Affairs

Enter your email to get daily Current Affairs
Current Affairs PDF

Current Affairs 2020 November

November 28
News Quiz
November 27
News Quiz
November 26
News Quiz
November 24
News Quiz

Current Affairs 2020 October

October 31
News Quiz
October 30
News Quiz
October 29
News Quiz
October 28
News Quiz

Current Affairs 2020 September

September 30
News Quiz
September 29
News Quiz
September 28
News Quiz
September 25
News Quiz