Damodar Valley Corporation to form JV with Neyveli Lignite for Raghunathpur plant

Posted on:18 Apr 2016 17:41:45
Damodar Valley Corporation to form JV with Neyveli Lignite for Raghunathpur plant
18 April 2016 Current Affairs: Multipurpose project Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC), now reeling under losses, would hive off its stake in the Raghunathpur thermal plant in Purulia by forming a JV with state-owned Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC). For the 2X600 MW plant at Raghunathpur, DVC was able to secure PPAs for 550 MW only. NLC, on the other hand, was having PPAs for 650 MW which it secured from a Karnataka power plant which had got delayed. It is a perfect fit as DVC has the power but no PPAs and vice-versa for NLC. The Karnataka government had also given its no-objection to the deal with DVC NLC will have 74 per cent stake in the JV while the remaining 26 per cent will be with DVC. Since DVC had a huge loan burden for the Raghunathpur plant, it will have to make some sacrifice for shelling out 74 per cent to NLC The proceeds of the stake sale would be used to repay the debt Earlier, talks between DVC and NTPC could not crystallise into a deal.During the last financial year, DVC had been able to recover dues worth Rs 4,770 crore from the Jharkhand government. Turnover during the last fiscal would be around Rs 13,000 crore 
Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) : The Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) is Public company which operates several power stations in the Damodar River area of West Bengal and Jharkhand states of India. The company operates both thermal power stations and hydel power stations under the Ministry of Power Govt of India. DVC is headquartered in the city of Kolkata, West Bengal, India.The Damodar Valley Corporation has been generating and transmitting power since 1953.
Multipurpose project Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC), now reeling under losses, would hive off its stake in the Raghunathpur thermal plant in Purulia by forming a JV with state-owned Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC). For the 2X600 MW plant at Raghunathpur, DVC was able to secure PPAs for 550 MW only. NLC, on the other hand, was having PPAs for 650 MW which it secured from a Karnataka power plant which had got delayed. It is a perfect fit as DVC has the power but no PPAs and vice-versa for NLC. The Karnataka government had also given its no-objection to the deal with DVC NLC will have 74 per cent stake in the JV while the remaining 26 per cent will be with DVC. Since DVC had a huge loan burden for the Raghunathpur plant, it will have to make some sacrifice for shelling out 74 per cent to NLC The proceeds of the stake sale would be used to repay the debt Earlier, talks between DVC and NTPC could not crystallise into a deal.During the last financial year, DVC had been able to recover dues worth Rs 4,770 crore from the Jharkhand government. Turnover during the last fiscal would be around Rs 13,000 crore 
Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) : The Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) is Public company which operates several power stations in the Damodar River area of West Bengal and Jharkhand states of India. The company operates both thermal power stations and hydel power stations under the Ministry of Power Govt of India. DVC is headquartered in the city of Kolkata, West Bengal, India.The Damodar Valley Corporation has been generating and transmitting power since 1953.

Daily Current Affairs Videos Video Link
20th April 2019 Current Affairs Video
19th April 2019 Current Affairs Video
17th April 2019 Current Affairs Video
16th April 2019 Current Affairs Video
15th April 2019 Current Affairs Video
Watch more Current Affairs Videos

Monthly Current Affairs

Fresherslive telegram Group

Current Affairs Section

Daily Current Affairs Quiz


Subscribe to Current Affairs

Enter your email to get daily current affairs
SUBSCRIBE

Currentt Affairs 2019 April

20 APRIL
NEWS
19 APRIL
NEWS
18 APRIL
NEWS

Currentt Affairs 2019 March

31 MARCH
NEWS
30 MARCH
NEWS
29 MARCH
NEWS
28 MARCH
NEWS

Currentt Affairs 2019 February

28 FEBRUARY
NEWS
27 FEBRUARY
NEWS
26 FEBRUARY
NEWS
25 FEBRUARY
NEWS




×

₹ 250

₹ 1000

Only 15 days left !