Alastair Cook becomes youngest cricketer to score 10000 Test runs
Posted on:31 May 2016 09:51:56
31 May 2016 Current Affairs GK: England cricket captain Alastair Cook on 30 May 2016 became youngest Cricketer to score 10000 test runs.
Cook, who is 31 years, 5 months, 5 days old, achieved the fete on the fourth day of the second test against Sri Lanka at Chester-le-Street by flicking Nuwan Pradeep to the deep mid wicket fence for a boundary. It was his 128th Test.
Cook went on to make 47 not out as England won the Test by nine wickets.
The previous record was held by Indian legend Sachin Tendulkar who reached the landmark score against Pakistan at Eden Gardens in 2005. He achieved the same at the age of 31 years, 10 months and 20 days.
Youngest Players to achieve fete of 10000 Test runs include
• Alastair Cook (England) : He achieved the fete on 20 May 2016 at the age of 31 years, 5 months and 5 days
• Sachin Tendulkar (India) : He achieved the fete on 16 March 2005 at the age of 31 years, 10 months and 20 days
• Jacques Kallis (South Africa) : He achieved the fete on 27 February 2009 at the age of 33 years, 4 months and 11 days
• Ricky Ponting (Australia) : He achieved the fete on 30 May 2008 at the age of 33 years, 5 months and 11 days
• Mahela Jayawardene (Sri Lanka) : He achieved the fete on 26 December 2011 at the age of 34 years, 6 months and 29 days
Cook, the leading Test run-scorer of England, is the 12th player in the history to score 10000 Test runs and only the second opener. The first was Sachin Tendulkar.
The other ten players include Allan Border, Brian Lara, Rahul Dravid, Kumar Sangakkara, Sunil Gavaskar, Ricky Ponting, Mahela Jayawardene, Jacques Kallis, Shivnarine Chanderpaul and Steve Waugh.
FreshersLive - No.1 Job site in India. Fresherslive Current Affairs 2017 section offers informative quiz questions with answers regarding latest current affairs today for all sorts of competitive exams like UPSC, TNPSC , IFS, IAS, IPS, railway exams (RRB) and banking exams like IPBS PO, IPBS clerk, Federal Bank PO, ICICI, SBI, RBI legal officer & Grade officer posts and much more. Register with us to get latest Current Affairs Updates. Also get latest Current Affairs news and quiz Updates for free alerts daily through E-mail