Vijaya Bank Credit Cards Credit Card. How to apply for a credit card, Vijaya Bank Credit Cards Net banking, Check Eligibility, status, bill payment
Vijaya Bank credit cards are offered by Vijaya bank to satisfy the needs of the customers and its account holders. Vijaya bank credit cards are designed in such a way that it is beneficial to salaried individuals as well as professional individuals who own these credit cards. Read this article to know more about Vijaya bank credit cards.
Best credit cards in India
Types of Credit Cards offered by Vijaya Bank
Vijaya Bank offers two types of credit cards – one is the domestic card while the other is the international card. The domestic credit cards can be used only in India and Nepal whereas the international credit cards can be used globally. Let us study the types of cards in detail:
Vijaya Bank Domestic credit cards
VISA Classic Credit Card
VISA Classic credit card offered by Vijaya Bank has the following features:
- This card is issued only to the existing account holders of Vijaya Bank
- The salaried class should have an annual income of at least Rs.6 lakhs while business or non-salaried class individuals should have an annual income of Rs.5 lakhs as the minimum criteria for applying for this card. Otherwise, a deposit of Rs.50, 000 for 2 years should be made to avail this card. If the savings account of the individual has an average credit balance of Rs.50, 000 in the past 6 months, the card can be taken or the customer should have a credit limit of 2 lakhs.
- The minimum and maximum limit of the card will be Rs.5000 and Rs.75,000 respectively
- The card is valid in Indian as well as Nepal.
- The cash withdrawal limit applicable to this card is lower of Rs.25, 000 or 50% of the card limit
- An add-on card would have a cash withdrawal limit of Rs. 2500 only
- The entrance fee and the annual fee payable for the card is Rs. 300 in each case
MasterCard Classic Credit Card –
This is a card which is issued in alliance with MasterCard with the following features:
- Only the existing account holders of Vijaya Bank can avail this card
- The annual income of salaried individuals must be at least Rs. 6 lakhs while the income of non-salaried class individuals should be Rs.5 lakhs or a fixed deposit of Rs.50, 000 for minimum 2 years is required for availing this card. Alternatively, the savings account must have an average balance of Rs.50,000 in the last 6 months or the credit facility of the customer should be Rs.2 lakhs only
- The card is a domestic card valid in India and Nepal only
- The card limit must be a minimum of Rs.5000 and a maximum of Rs.75,000
- The cash withdrawal limit can be Rs.25,000 or 50% of the card limit whichever is lower
- The add-on card if availed would have a withdrawal limit of Rs.2500 only
- The card requires an entrance fee and an annual fee both of which are Rs.300 each
Vijaya Platinum Card –
The features of Vijaya Platinum credit cards offered by Vijaya bank are as follows:
- The card is valid in India and Nepal only and is issued for not more than 3 years
- If revolving credit is not availed, a free credit period of 50 days would be awarded to the card user
- The cash withdrawal facility is limited to a lower value of 50% of the allotted card limit or Rs.25,000
- Free lifetime add-on cards can be taken for the spouse, dependent children and dependent parents
- Monthly bills can be paid using the revolving credit facility provided to the customer
- The card provides an insurance cover against fraudulent use due to loss of the card.
- An annual fee of Rs.300 would be applicable from the 4th year
- The card is available to the account holders of the bank
- The individual should fulfill either one of the eligibility criteria from :
- Earning a gross annual income of Rs.6 lakhs if he is salaried
- Earning a gross annual income of Rs.5 lakhs if non-salaried
- Having a term deposit of Rs.50,000 for at least 2 years
- Having a credit facility of Rs.2 lakhs and above
- If the balance in the savings account was a minimum of Rs.50,000 in the past 6 months.
Vijaya Gold Credit Card –
This credit card offered by Vijaya Bank has the following characteristics:
- Only Vijaya Bank account holders are eligible to avail the card.
- Apart from being an account holder, any one of the following criteria should be fulfilled for having the card.
- The salaried class must have an annual income of Rs.12 lakhs and non-salaried class must have an annual income of Rs.10 lakhs
- A deposit of Rs.1 lakh has to be maintained for 2 years
- The customers should enjoy a credit facility of Rs.5 lakhs
- The card is valid for use in India and Nepal only with a minimum card limit of Rs.75,000 and no maximum cap.
- The cash withdrawal limit is restricted to Rs.50,000 or 50% of the card limit
- Add-on cards can withdraw up to Rs.5000 in cash at ATMs
- The entrance and annual fee amounts to Rs.1000 each
Vijaya Bank Global Credit Cards
MasterCard Global Credit Card –
MasterCard Global credit card is an international card with the following features:
- This card is valid for three years with a cash withdrawal facility of Rs.50,000 or 50% of the card limit whichever is lower
- This card provides insurance coverage against fraudulent usage if the card is lost
- Letting go of the revolving credit facility will ensure a 50-day credit facility to the card bearer
- Lifetime free add-on cards can be taken for parents, spouse, and children of the cardholder
- Monthly bills can be paid using the revolving credit facility provided by the bank
- 1 loyalty point is allotted for every Rs.100 spent on the card
- Monthly credit card statements are dispatched to the cardholder in free of cost
- The applicant should be an account holder with Vijaya Bank
- The applicant should qualify for any one among the following criteria:
- The minimum gross income should be Rs.10 lakhs for self-employed applicants and Rs.12 lakhs for salaried applicants
- They should have a term deposit of Rs.10 lakhs for a minimum tenure of 2 years
- They can enjoy a credit limit of Rs.5 lakhs and above
VISA Classic International Card –
VISA Classic International card which is accepted worldwide has the following features:
- The minimum and maximum card limit is Rs.5000 and Rs.75,000 respectively
- The cash withdrawal facility is limited to the lower of 50% of the card limit or Rs.25000
- The add-on cards feature a withdraw limit of Rs. 2500
- The joining and annual fee of the card is Rs.400 each
- The person should be an existing account holder in Vijaya Bank
- The person should meet at least one condition from the following –
- The annual income must be Rs.6 lakhs and Rs.5 lakhs for salaried and non-salaried class individuals respectively
- The applicant must have a deposit of Rs.50, 000 for a minimum term of 2 years
- The person should have a credit facility of Rs.2 lakhs.
- An average Savings Account balance of Rs.50, 000 in the past 6 months.
VISA City Specific Cards –
These are the cards which are specific to the city they are used in.
- This card is acceptable globally with a minimum card limit of Rs.5000 and a maximum limit of Rs.75,000
- The cash withdrawal limit is Rs.25,000 or 50% of the card limit
- Add-on cards’ cash withdrawal limit is Rs.2500 only
- The annual fee and the joining fee is equal and is Rs.400 each
- The individual should be an existing account holder with Vijaya Bank
- The applicant should meet any one of the criteria –
- The applicant must earn a salary of Rs.6 lakhs if salaried or Rs.5 lakhs if non-salaried on an annual basis
- The individual must own a deposit of Rs.50, 000 for 2 years
- The applicant should have a credit facility of RS.2 lakhs
- The applicant should maintain an average monthly balance in the savings account to the tune of Rs.50, 000 in the last 6 months
VISA Doctors Credit Card –
This card is issued to doctors with the following features:
- The card is accepted globally with minimum and maximum limits of Rs. 5000 and Rs.1.5 lakhs respectively.
- Cash withdrawal limit is limited to Rs.25, 000 or 50% of the card limit
- Add-on cards’ can withdraw cash up to Rs. 2500 only
- The annual fee and the joining fee is equal and is Rs. 400 each
- They should be a registered medical practitioner from any field of medical science
- Salaried class doctors should have an annual income of minimum Rs.6 lakhs
- The non-salaried class should have an income of minimum Rs.5 lakhs
- They should have a deposit of Rs.50, 000 or above for 2 years
- They should enjoy a credit facility of Rs.2 lakhs
- Rs.50,000 has to be maintained in an average in their savings account in the last 6 months
VISA Nurses Credit Card –
This VISA Nurses credit card is for nurses which have the following facilities:
- A global credit card having a credit limit range of Rs.5000 to Rs.75,000
- The card has a cash withdrawal facility which is Rs.25, 000 or 50% of the card limit
- Add-on card can withdraw cash up to Rs.2500 only
- The card does not have any joining fee or an annual fee and is free for lifetime
- The nurse should be employed in a Government hospital or any hospital of repute
- Salaried nurses should have an income of at least Rs. 6 lakhs annually while non-salaried ones should have an income of Rs. 5 lakhs
- They must have a term deposit of Rs.50,000 for a minimum tenure of 2 years
- They should enjoy a minimum credit facility of Rs.2 lakhs
- Rs. 50,000 has to be maintained as the minimum average balance in their savings account in the past 6 months
How to Apply for a Vijaya Bank Credit Card?
While applying for a credit card, you need to choose the one that suits your credit profile. Various types of credit cards are offered by every bank that can be classified as shopping, lifestyle, entertainment, women credit requirements, fuel, travel, business, online shopping etc. You can choose the credit card that benefits you the most based on your spending habits.
You can apply for a credit card either online or offline by visiting the bank.
ONLINE: Every bank has its own online banking portal. The users can visit the official website of Vijaya Bank and provide details like name, income, employment and upload a few documents to apply for a credit card. The applicants can also track the credit card application online and offline.
OFFLINE: If you are not comfortable with the online application method, you can visit the bank, fill in the application and submit it along with the required documents. Generally, it can take up to 15 days for your application to be processed and approved/rejected.
Fees and Charges of Vijaya Bank Credit Cards
The fees and charges of Vijaya Bank credit cards are based on the features of the card and the benefits of owning the credit card. The list of charges is mentioned below.
|Charges||VISA Classic Credit Card||VISA Global Credit Card|
|Annual subscription fee||400||1000|
|Card replacement for a non-photo card||150||150|
|Cash handling charges||3% of the withdrawn amount||3% of the withdrawn amount|
|ATM cash withdrawal in India||75||75|
|ATM cash withdrawal overseas||100||100|
|Mark up for overseas transactions||2.5%||2.5%|
|Revolving charges||1.75% per month||1.75% per month|
Vijaya Bank Credit Card Login:
Vijaya Bank provides netbanking to its customers to help them perform all banking transactions from home or office. Customers can have access to their bank account at any time anywhere which is of great benefit. When you have a netbanking facility, you don’t have the necessity to visit the bank for any simple reason. Now let us have a look at the advantages of owning a Vijaya Bank netbanking account.
Benefits of Registering For Vijaya Bank Credit Card Netbanking
When you register for Vijaya Bank credit card netbanking facility, you can enjoy the following features and benefits:
Accessibility: You can have access to your credit card account information from anywhere and at any time using your netbanking account. You can check your credit card transactions, view current and previous months statements. You can also subscribe to alerts and other services.
Manage Account: You can also manage your account all by yourself using the netbanking facility. Not only monitoring your credit card account, but you can also update your personal details whenever there is a change in your address, mobile number, email ID, etc., view or edit standing instruction on your account. You will also be able to subscribe for new services related to the card and a lot more.
Safe and secure banking: Latest technologies are used by the bank to provide a secure online environment for its customers. Extra security layers are added such as multi-factor authentication for sensitive transactions, digital certificates, extended validation (EV) SSL certificate, secure firewalls and others, the bank makes internet banking more safe and secure.
Benefits of Accessing Vijaya Bank Credit Card Online
Vijaya Bank credit card netbanking offers easy access to its customers to all the transactions and operations performed with the credit card. It also provides access to Vijaya Bank credit card information to its customers in just a click. The customer has all the account information in fingertips. It not only provides access to the transactions taken place but also the total credit and cash limit the customer is eligible for, the available credit and cash limit, billed and unbilled transactions, payment due date, reward points information etc.
With Vijaya Bank credit card netbanking account facility, the customer can view his bank statement up to last 6 months without any difficulty. Vijaya Bank credit card netbanking account also allows the customer to raise any request or get their queries solved.
Account information at fingertips through Vijaya Bank credit card login account: The Vijaya Bank credit card internet banking account allows the user to have a quick access to his account information like total credit and cash limit, available credit and cash limit, billed and unbilled transactions, reward points information etc. You can also use your internet banking account to know your payment due date and pay your credit card bills on time.
View credit card statements using Vijaya Bank credit card login account: Though Vijaya Bank sends monthly credit card statements to our registered email address, it is a bit tricky to access it by filtering the mail, providing the password and downloading the statement. But, with Vijaya Bank credit card net banking facility, you view up to last 6 months statement easily.
Raise requests using Vijaya Bank credit card login: You can simply forget calling the Vijaya Bank customer care to raise any kind of request in the bank. With an active internet banking account, you can raise requests like register/deregister for Vijaya Bank autopay facility, generate credit card PIN, register/deregister credit card, block/hotlist credit card etc. You can also apply for loans and other EMI facilities or enhance credit card limits using your Vijaya Bank credit card internet banking.
Change Vijaya Bank credit card login account password: You can change your Vijaya Bank credit card net banking password by logging in to your account and requesting to change your account password.
Vijaya Bank credit card payment through Vijaya Bank credit card login account: You can stop relying on other sources and use your Vijaya Bank credit card netbanking. Install the Vijaya Bank mobile app and you can get your credit card information on the go. To pay credit card bill through Vijaya Bank net banking account you need to login to your account and select your credit card and the card number you need to pay the bill for.
Vijaya Bank Credit Card Status
The application status can be checked easily through online. An alternate way of checking Vijaya Bank credit card application status can be done by contacting customer care. Since that is a little painful process for most of the customers, Vijaya Bank has made it tension free by allowing the customers to check it through online. The user has to visit the official portal of Vijaya Bank. The status can be checked using the following:
The credit card application reference number and application form number: The status of the credit card application can be checked using the 16 digit reference number sent to the user through SMS. The application form number needs to be noted down before submitting the form to the bank. The status can also be checked by using the user’s date of birth mentioned in the application form. Follow the steps mentioned below to check your application status with the help of application form number:
- Visit Vijaya Bank’s official website
- Now enter details in the respective boxes displayed on the webpage.
- Enter the mobile number mentioned in the application form along with the captcha.
- Click ‘Submit’
Through Mobile number: The user can visit the official portal of Vijaya Bank and enter his mobile number in the provided space post which an OTP will be sent to the user’s registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’
Through AirWay Bill number: In Vijaya Bank portal, the user has to enter the respective AirWay Bill number and click ‘Submit’
Once you submit all the details you will receive the status of your Vijaya Bank credit card application. Most of the time, the statuses will be like, ‘in process, dispatched, disapproved, on hold or no records found’. Based on the status you can take your call.
If the status shows ‘In process’, then the bank is still reviewing your application and it will take a few more days to ship your credit card.
If the status says ‘Dispatch’, you would have received a message by then with the Airmail number of the booked shipment carrying your credit card. If you haven’t received any message, then you will probably receive it within the next 1 or 2 days. If it gets delayed, you can feel free to call the Vijaya Bank customer care.
If your application is on hold, the bank may contact you via SMS or email asking you for some missing or additional details or about any other issue with your application. Once the issues are resolved, they will resume the card processing.
If the status says ‘No Records Found’, then the details you entered is wrong or there is some other issue. If the details you entered are accurate and still you receive the same message then you can call the Vijaya Bank customer care.
When you do not have an active internet connection, you can simply contact the Vijaya Bank customer care to know about your application status. Make sure you have the application reference number and the application form number ready as you may be asked for the same during the call to let you know about the status of your application. Another way to check your application status is to visit the nearest Vijaya Bank. Provide the application reference number and application form number to the bank personnel and he/she will help you find out the status of your application.
For those who are not comfortable with the internet or those who cannot access the internet can get help from the Vijaya Bank credit card customer care and track your credit card application status. For all credit card related inquiries, you can call the Vijaya Bank toll-free number 18004259992, 18004255885 or 18004254066.
Vijaya Bank Credit Card Payment:
Paying a Vijaya bank credit card bill is no more a hassle with a variety of online and offline solutions offered by Vijaya bank. Cardholders can choose any method of their choice of payment that is suited for them and then pays their outstanding bills before the due date.
Online Funds transfer – NEFT: Vijaya Bank credit card customers can settle their outstanding credit card bills using the NEFT process within one working day. First, you have to log in to their online banking accounts and register their Vijaya bank credit card as a payee. The mentioned details have to be entered while registering the payee - Payee name, payee account number, bank name, payee account type, IFSC code, and the branch address. Credit card users have to make the NEFT transfer before 3 pm on weekdays and before 10 am on weekends if the payment has to be made by the next day.
Online Payments: Vijaya bank credit card bills can be paid online from a customer’s bank account from anywhere around the globe. The online payment service from Vijaya bank includes more than 50 banks within India. Payments done using this service will be credited to the Vijaya bank credit card account in two or three business days.
Drop Boxes: Vijaya Bank cardholders can find the nearest drop box located in their area and deposit a cheque or a draft to pay their outstanding credit card bills.
Cash Payment: You can pay your credit card bills by cash directly at the bank’s branch at the respective counter. Once the payment is done, you will be handed over a receipt.
Vijaya Bank Credit Card Customer Care
Vijaya Bank Credit Card users can contact the Vijaya bank’s customer care via call, email, and SMS. Here are the details:
Vijaya bank credit card customer care number:
(BSNL) 1800 425 9992 / 1800 425 5885/ 1800 425 4066
Vijaya bank credit card customer care email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Vijaya bank credit card customer care SMS for hot listing credit cards: Send SMS to 575758 from the registered mobile number by typing BLOCK VIJ XXXX (last 4 digits of your credit card number)
In case you have any complaints or issues regarding your Vijaya Bank credit card, you can visit the grievance redressal page and submit your complaints online.
Click on “Click here to submit Customer Complaints/ Grievance(SPGRS)” after which you will be redirected to another webpage where you have to enter your details and click on “Submit”.
If there is no response or if you are not satisfied with the response received, you can still escalate the issue to the Principal Nodal Officer by writing to the following address:
Smt Nirmala Sridhar,
The Nodal Officer/Chief Grievance Redressal Officer,
Customer Comfort Cell
Head Office, 41/2, M. G. Road
Bengaluru – 560 001.
TEL (O) 080 - 25584066 Ext 500, FAX 080 - 25584655
For NRI customers:
The Vijaya Bank
NRI Customer Cell
International Banking Division
Head Office, 41/2, M. G. Road
Bengaluru– 560 001
Tel : 91 80 25584066
Free Job Alert to your Email