Union Bank of India offers wide range of Union Bank of India credit cards which comes with great benefits. Union Bank credit cards also provides accidental insurance cover which most of the credit cards do not offer. The aim of the Union Bank credit cards is to satisfy the needs of its customers. Let us have a look at the features and benefits of these credit cards in detail in this article.
Types of Credit cards offered by Union Bank of India:
Union Bank of India offers a host of Union Bank credit cards to satisfy the needs of the customers. Each credit card has its own features and benefits according to the fees charged by Union Bank of India. Let us have a look at the variety of credit cards offered by Union Bank of India along with its features and benefits:
Usecure Credit Cards:
This card is issued to existing fixed deposit account holders of the bank so that they can enjoy the facility of cashless transactions. The card has many features that are described below:
- This card is an usecure card which is offered against the fixed deposits held by the bank.
- Usecure credit card is an EMV Chip card which makes it very secure.
- The credit limit allowed under the card is up to 80% of the amount held as fixed deposit with the bank.
- Customers who do not have a valid income proof but need a credit card and hold a fixed deposit account with the Union Bank of India valued between Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 50,000 can also apply for this credit card.
- There are also no annual charges payable for using this credit card.
- This card has two additional insurance covers which provide coverage to the cardholder. One is the Accidental Death Insurance Cover worth Rs.5 lakhs and the other is an Air Accidental Death Insurance Cover worth Rs.8 lakhs.
- This card provides exclusive offers, discounts, and benefits on travel, entertainment, and lifestyle as provided by VISA.
Signature Credit Cards:
The signature credit card is a premium card which is issued in affiliation with VISA and boasts of the following features:
- This card is an EMV Chip card which makes it extremely secure
- The card can be availed by an individual who has a minimum annual earning of Rs.5 lakhs
- The credit limit under the card is limited to 20% of the income of the individual as depicted by his latest income tax return or the latest salary slip.
- There is an annual fee of Rs. 250 charged on the card. However, this charge would be waived off if the cardholder spends Rs.1 lakh using the card in a year.
- The card also has an insurance cover but of a higher value. The Accidental Death Insurance Cover is worth Rs.6 lakhs and the Air Accidental Death Insurance Cover is worth Rs.10 lakhs.
- This card provides complimentary lounge access to all international or domestic airports twice in one quarter.
- The cardholder is entitled to earn 4 reward points for every Rs.100 spent on transactions paid using the card and these reward points are equivalent to the value of Re. 1.
- The cardholders can enjoy a 10% discount on dining at across 1200 merchant restaurants tied-up with the bank.
- There is a 5% discount in car rental services availed overseas as well as other great benefits provided by the VISA rewards program.
Union Bank Visa International Credit Card:
Union Bank of India offers an international credit card which provides a hassle-free and safe transaction experience to its customers around the globe. The customers can shop at various shops and outlets as well as websites according to their convenience both in India and abroad using this credit card. This card can also be used for withdrawing cash at the ATMs in the form of a cash advance against the credit card.
The features of this Union bank Visa International card are as follows:-
Union Bank of India offers photo Signature Visa card in three variants:
b) Silver and
- All these three cards are issued for domestic and international use.
- The bank issues non-photo Visa card in only one variant which is EMV Platinum that can be used internationally.
- The Union bank does not charge any joining/annual fees or renewal fees for these credit cards.
- The attractive spending limit is granted to the customers. The customers can spend up to the limit not exceeding 20% of his gross salary.
- The bank charges lower interest rates for these credit cards. However, the interest-free credit period given for the card is 50 days.
- These cards have various flexible payment options available.
- The customer can make the card payments through their internet banking account.
- The fuel surcharge of 2.5% is refundable to the card bearers.
- The transactions done through the credit cards are fully secured through SMS alerts sent by the bank itself and all the online transactions require the VBV (verified by Visa) verification process.
Features and Benefits of Union Bank of India Credit Cards:
Annual fees: Customers do not have to pay annual fees for a Union Bank of India credit card. Only Signature credit cardholders have to bear an annual fee of Rs. 250, which will be waived off if the credit card bill is over Rs. 1 lakh.
Lifestyle privileges: Union Bank of India credit cards offer exceptional lifestyle privileges which include discounts on dining bills, car rental offers, entertainment benefits, travel privileges and an excellent rewards program.
Add-on cards: Union Bank of India primary cardholders also have an option of availing add-on cards for their family.
Insurance: Depending on the type of credit card chosen, Union Bank of India provides personal accidental death insurance and air accident insurance to customers. The amount insured again varies with the type of card chosen.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver: Union Bank customers can enjoy surcharge waivers on fuel transactions for purchase amounts ranging from Rs. 400 to Rs. 4000
EMI Plans: Customers have the facility to easily convert their high-value purchases into monthly installments and repay back in tenures of 3, 6, 9, 23, 24 or 28 months.
Hotlisting facility: Union Bank credit cards that are lost or stolen can be hotlisted or blocked by getting in touch with the 24x7 helpline available from Union Bank of India.
Interest-Free Period: Union Bank of India grants an interest-free credit period of up to 50 days to all credit cardholders.
How to apply for a Union Bank of India credit card?
You can apply for a Union Bank credit card either by online or offline methods. Nowadays, most of the customers prefer to pay online since it can be done from the comfort of their homes. The online application process is quite easy. You simply need to visit the official website and log in to your netbanking account using your User ID and password. There you can search for credit cards and apply for the one which suits your requirements.
If you are not comfortable with accessing the internet, you can apply for the Union Bank credit card by contacting the customer care team or directly walking into the Union Bank branch and communicating your need for a credit card. The bank representative will explain to you about the credit cards offered by Union Bank. You can choose the best one and apply for it. Make sure you carry all the documents for verification while going to the bank.
Eligibility and Documents Required to avail a Union Bank of India Credit Card:
The eligibility criteria and documentation requirements vary for each credit card. To avail a credit card from Union Bank of India, you need to prove your eligibility by submitting certain documents as proof that you will be able to pay the credit card bill on time. Following are the requirements which have to be met by you to avail a Union Bank credit card:
- The specified income criteria have to be met by Visa International credit card applicants.
- If the applicant has a minimum income of Rs. 5 lakhs per annum, signature credit cards can be procured.
- If you are a customer holding a term deposit for any value ranging from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 5,00,000, then you can avail an usecure credit card.
Salaried employees and Self-employed professionals:
The applicant should also be able to submit documents that work as valid proof of identity, address as well as income. The following documents are accepted by the bank.
- PAN Card
- Address Proof - Electricity/ Telephone Bill/ Election Card/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card
- Income proof for salaried employees - Pay slip/ Salary certificate/ Form 16
- Income proof for self-employed applicants - Income tax returns/ Form 16
#1. Union Bank of India Credit Card Payment:
Union Bank credit card bill payments can be done through various options. The available options to make your credit card bill payments are mentioned as follows:
- Union Bank Online: The customers can pay the monthly credit card bills by using the internet banking facility of the Union Bank website. The customers are required to click on the link Union Bank credit card bill and make the payment.
- Union Bank Branches: The customers can pay their bills through any of the Union Bank branches either by cash or cheque. The outstation cheques are not accepted in any of the branches. The bill payment made in the branch will be credited to the customers’ credit card account.
- Auto-debit facilities: The customers can provide standing instructions to the branch where they maintain their savings or current account to auto debit their account for the credit card bill as on the date specified. The amount of the credit card bill will be debited from the customer’s account before the payment due date and credited to the credit card account.
Fees and Charges of Union Bank of India Credit Cards:
Each card has its own fees and charges allotted by the bank. The fees and charges will be based on the features and benefits offered by the card to its users. But the credit cards offered by Union Bank seems to have almost the same fees for all credit cards. Let us have a look at it in detail.
|Finance Charges on Roll over Credit||1.90%|
|Cash Advance Charges for Cash Withdrawal||2.50%|
|Cash advance on Credit limit||20 % of limit|
|Cash Advance Charges at ATM||Rs.100|
|Cash Advance Charges (Overseas)||Rs.125|
|Late Payment Charges||Rs.200|
|Charges for over the Credit limit usage||Rs.100 for each occasion|
|Returned Cheque||Rs.100 per instrument|
|Limit enhancement fee||Rs.100 for each occasion|
|Card Replacement Fee||Rs.100|
|Retrieval of charge slip as levied by VISA||Rs.100 or the actual charges whichever is higher|
|PIN Replacement Fee||Rs.50|
|Service Tax||As applicable from time to time|
#2. Union Bank Credit Card Netbanking:
Most of the banks have their own internet banking facilities to comfort their customers with their banking needs. Likewise, even Union bank provides internet banking platform which allows its customers to have their account information in their fingertips. Some of the main features and benefits of Union bank’s internet banking facilities are listed below:
- You can check your savings account balance and view your past transactions. By doing so, you can keep a check on your spendings.
- You can check the account status and make queries regarding it.
- You can have access to your e-statements and can keep a track of their cash flow - in and out of your account
- You can check loan installment details
- You can request for a cheque book using your netbanking account
- The status of an issued cheque can also be tracked
- You can view the details of their Demat account such as banks associated with the account, the address of the correspondent, account numbers and so on.
- Demat account statements and outstanding balance can also be viewed
- The billing statements of your demat account and previous transactions can be accessed
By using your IDBI login account, you can also stop cheque payments, pay utility bills, open a fixed deposit or a recurring deposit account, recharge your prepaid mobile number, top-up your DTH connection etc. You can also schedule monthly payment of your bills.
Online payment services through Union bank Internet Banking:
- If you have an online banking account, you can shop at associate merchants listed under the bank.
- You can shop at e-stores also.
- You can make funds transfer through IMPS, RTGS, and NEFT services.
How you can apply for Union bank’s Internet Banking facility.
If you wish to open an online banking account, you just have to download the registration form from the Union bank’s homepage. Once you have downloaded the form, you will have to fill it with accurate details and submit it in the nearest Union bank branch. Usually, the approval takes a couple of days and post that, you can enjoy the pleasures that internet banking comes with.
#3. How to check Application Status of Union Bank Credit Card?
Currently, Union Bank doesn’t offer online facilities to check your application status. So you can simply dial the customer care number to know the status of your credit card application. You always have the option to just visit the nearest Union Bank branch and ask the bank executive to check your credit card application status. Ensure that you carry the required details such as application number, application reference number etc., which will be asked by the executive to provide the status of your application.
#4. Union Bank Credit Card Customer Care number:
You can approach the Union Bank of India Credit Card Customer Care Number. for queries related to credit cards such as outstanding balance, payment received, latest transactions, unbilled transactions, PIN request and to block your credit card if you lose it.
Following are the Union Bank of India Credit Card Contact Details if you wish to contact the bank for any Union Bank credit card query-
Union Bank of India Credit Card Customer Care 24x7 Toll-Free Number is 1800 22 22 44 / 1800 208 2244
Non Toll-Free 24 hours Customer Care number 080-25300175
Hotlist / Block your Credit Card:
In case of loss of Union Bank credit card, immediately get your card blocked or hotlisted. You can do it by contacting the Union Bank of India Customer Care 24x7 at 1800 22 22 44.
ATM Card / Debit Card Help:
For all Union Bank ATM Card or Debit Card related queries, or in case of a lost Debit / ATM Card, you can approach the following Customer Care Nos.:
Free Job Alert to your Email