Karur Vysya Bank credit cards are one of the best products offered by Karur Vysya Bank. It provides three different types of credit cards co-branded with SBI. Each Karur Vysya Bank credit card comes with its own features and benefits where it attracts the customers who seek great value on spending money. Interested to know more? Read on.
Best credit cards in India
What are the types of credit cards offered by Karur Vysya Bank Credit Card?
Karur Vysya Bank, being one of the well-known banks in India, offers 3 types of credit cards which are designed to fulfill the needs of the customers. The credit cards have been classified based on its features and rewards - Gold, Platinum, Signature. Now, let us have a look at the credit cards in detail:
- Karur Vysya Bank SBI Gold Credit Card
- Karur Vysya Bank SBI Platinum Credit Card
- Karur Vysya Bank SBI Signature Credit Card
Karur Vysya Bank SBI Gold Credit Card:
Karur Vysya Bank SBI Gold credit card with benefits and privileges on shopping, dining, etc. The features of the card are as follows:
- Earn 1 cash reward on every Rs.100 spent on shopping. The accumulated cash rewards can be used to pay off the outstanding credit card balance or for purchasing items from the Karur Vysya rewards catalog.
- 10 cash rewards on every Rs.100 spent at departmental stores or on grocery. This is also called the Accelerated Cash rewards which enable the cardholder to get up to 2.5 percent of the value of the purchase.
- 2000 cash rewards on spending Rs.2000 on the card within 60 days of receiving the card
- If there has been a total expenditure of Rs. 75,000 or more on the card in the previous year, the annual renewal fee of Rs. 500 will be waived off.
- Enjoy 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver across all petrol pumps on transaction amounts ranging from Rs.500 – Rs.3000. The maximum allowable limit per month is Rs.100
- Enjoy online card managing facility with SMS alerts and e-statements for convenience in viewing the card transactions
- The online card managing facility can also be used for three uses such as generating instant card account summary, hot-listing of lost or stolen credit cards and requesting for generation of a duplicate card statement.
- A unique facility of Spend Analyzer can be used to analyze the spending in the last 24 months
- Enhanced security for online and over-the-phone transactions through One Time Password and instant Transaction Alert message via SMS
- You can transfer all your credit card balances to this card for saving purposes
- This card entitles the cardholder to avail instant short-term loans as and when required
- The facility of Flexi-Pay allows you to convert big purchases on the card into easy EMIs.
- The customer can access over 100 merchants over the mobile and pay for any purchases using the credit card
- The card provides a special facility of ‘Encash – Money on Call’ wherein cash can be availed instantly for any requirements
- The customer can book railway tickets online using this card
- Utility bills like Telephone or Electricity Bill can be paid online using the card through payment options of ‘Register and Pay’, ‘Visa Bill Pay’, ‘Pay Fast’ and ‘Standing Instructions’
- The customer can make faster payments and manage them through various facilities like ‘Paynet – online Payment’, ‘Over the Counter OTC’, ‘Locate & Pay’, ‘Visa Credit Card Pay’, ‘Pay Cash’ and ‘NEFT Transfers’.
Fees and Charges of Karur Vysya Bank SBI Gold Credit Card:
The fees and charges will definitely vary from card to card based on its features and benefits offered to its customers. So, the one-time joining fees and annual fees charged on this card is Rs.499/- each. The renewal fee is also charged at Rs. 499/-. The customers can get an annual fee reversal if they spend Rs. 1 lakh and above using this Karur Vysya Bank credit card
Karur Vysya Bank SBI Platinum Credit Card:
This credit card is offered by Karur Vysya with premium benefits. The features and benefits of the Karur Vysya Bank Platinum cards are:
- Earn 5 times accelerated cash points (10 points on every Rs. 100) on dining, purchases at departmental stores and international spends.
- A maximum of 40, 000 cash points can be earned in a year under the accelerated cash point scheme, since the bank limits the maximum limit on earning the above-mentioned accelerated cash points in a year.
- Other conditions implied by the bank state that the reward points earned would not be applicable to fuel transactions.
- 1 cash point on every other type of spending for every Rs. 100 spent using this card.
- The cash points can also be redeemed against the outstanding credit card bill
- Rs.3000 worth gift vouchers can be redeemed against any of the bank’s retail partners. These gift vouchers are offered as a welcome benefit and also on completing annual renewal of card.
- The welcome gift would be applicable only after the applicable joining fee is paid on the card. The retail partners from where the welcome benefit can be redeemed include Raymond, Lifestyle, Shoppers Stop and Jabong.com
- Bonus Spend Reward points on spending Rs.4 lakhs or Rs.5 lakhs using the card in a year. The Spend Rewards can be either 1 full fare one-way domestic airline ticket from Indigo Airlines or a gift voucher worth Rs.3000 from any of the bank’s retail partners
- Enjoy discounts of up to 75% at more than 55, 000 hotels worldwide
- The Visa Platinum Card entails special savings on resort accommodations at top tourist destinations worldwide.
- Enjoy 10% savings on chauffeur-driven or self-driven car rentals from Hertz Car Rental Program
- Enjoy 20% savings on qualifying rental from Avis
- Enjoy Complimentary membership to Priority Pass Program enabling access to airport lounges across more than 600 airports in the world. The cardholder can avail refreshments, newspaper, TV, Internet access and other facilities at the lounges
- Have access to more than 300 golf courses worldwide with a 30% discount on Green Fee.
- Enjoy a 10% discount on dining at Marriott Hotels in India
- Get 15% discount on the Best Available Rate for the day at Ginger Hotels
- Get 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver
- Avail online card managing facility with SMS alerts and e-statements for convenience in viewing the card transactions
- Get enhanced security through EMV Chip and PIN number which protects against credit card fraud and skimming
- If there has been spending of a minimum amount of Rs.2 lakhs in the preceding year, the cardholder is entitled to receive an Anniversary Gift. This gift can be available only after the annual fee of the card is paid in full.
- Credit Card Fraud Liability Cover valued at Rs. 1 lakhs is provided for free to the cardholder if card loss is reported within a period of 48 hours prior to reporting of the loss and up to seven days subsequent report of card loss.
- Emergency Card Replacement facility can be used from anywhere in the world within 3 days of reporting.
Fees and Charges of Karur Vysya Bank SBI Platinum Credit Card:
Since the bank targets neo-affluent customers who aspire for luxury and seek greater value, the features and benefits are going to be the same. So, the bank charges an annual fee and a renewal fee of Rs. 2,999/- only.
Karur Vysya Bank SBI Signature Credit Card:
The features and benefits of this credit card are designed in such a way that it attracts people who aspire for luxury and seek great value. The following are the list of features of this credit card:
- A welcome e-Gift Voucher worth Rs. 3,000/- from any of the brands such as Yatra, Hush Puppies/Bata, Marks & Spencers Westside, Shoppers Stop. The e-Gift voucher code will be sent to your registered mobile number within 15 working days.
- Enjoy 5X Reward Points on all dining, grocery, departmental and international spends.
- Earn 2 Reward points for every Rs. 100/- spent on all other categories. Each Reward Point = Rs. 0.25/-.
- Up to 50,000 Bonus Reward Points worth Rs. 12,500 per year.
- Earn 10,000 bonus Reward Points on achieving annual spends between Rs. 3 Lakhs and Rs. 4 Lakhs.
- Earn 15,000 bonus Reward Points on achieving annual spends between Rs. 5 Lakhs and Rs. 8 Lakhs.
- Spend Based Reversal of Annual Fee on spends of Rs. 10 Lakhs and above.
- Get 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all petrol pumps.
- Every transaction of Rs. 500/- to Rs. 4,000/- at any petrol station in India would be eligible for fuel surcharge waiver.
- Get Rs. 500/- off on BookMyShow once every month. The transaction will be valid for at least 2 tickets per booking, maximum discount possible is Rs. 250/ticket for 2 tickets only. However, the convenience fee would be chargeable.
- Get complimentary membership to the Priority Pass program worth $99.
- Get complimentary lounge access to Visa lounges in India and abroad through Visa Airport Lounge Access program.
Fees and Charges of Karur Vysya Bank SBI Signature Credit Card:
The annual fee and renewal fee is charged at Rs. 4,999/- for this credit card.
Karur Vysya Bank Credit Card Eligibility and Documentation
Karur Vysya Bank has set eligibility criteria to its customers to avail a credit card. The applicant should meet the age criteria of the bank since it helps the bank to make an estimate of the earnings of the applicant and his/her repayment capacity. Secondly, the applicant must have a regular source of income which will help the bank to determine the maximum limit of the credit card to be allotted. And also, the applicant must have a decent credit score and no default payments. To apply for a Karur Vysya Bank credit card, the following conditions have to be fulfilled:-
- Credit Card bearer should be in the age bracket of 18 years to 70 years.
- He/she should have a fixed monthly income.
- He/she should have a good CIBIL credit score.
- Primary Cardholder should be between 21 years to 65 years of age. Add-on Cardholder should be at least 15 years.
- Net Income has to be Rs. 15 lakh and above per annum.
- Should be an Indian resident.
Documents required for availing Karur Vysya Bank Credit Card:
- Pan Card Photocopy or Form 60
- Income Proof: Latest Salary Slip, Form 16, Income Tax return copy
- Residence Proof: Passport, driving license, ration card, etc
How to Apply for a Karur Vysya Bank Credit Card?
Customers can apply for a Karur Vysya Bank credit card online easily. When there is an active internet connection, you can apply for a credit card online. The process is quite effortless and quick. Follow the step by step procedure to apply for a Karur Vysya Bank credit card online using the official website.
Credit Card Application Online for New Customers
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the bank
- Step 2: From the top menu, select “Personal” after which you will find a drop-down menu
- Step 3: From the drop-down menu, choose the option
- Step 4: You will now be directed to a page where you will find the credit card offered by Karur Vysya Bank
- Step 5: Choose the credit card which matches your needs and click on
- Step 6: Read the features, benefits, fees, and charges of the credit card before you click on
- Step 7: Now, enter all the details and click
Credit Card Application Online for Existing Customers
- Step 1: Visit the ‘Credit Cards’ page of the official website of Karur Vysya Bank.
- Step 2: You will have to enter your Karur Vysya net banking customer ID and mobile number.
- Step 3: You can directly apply online for a credit card using your account.
- Step 4: You can also visit a nearby Karur Vysya Bank branch to apply for a credit card.
OFFLINE: There are some people who would not be comfortable with the online method. They always have an option of applying for the credit card in a manual way by visiting the nearest Karur Vysya Bank branch.
#1. Check Application Status of Karur Vysya Bank Credit Card:
Once you have applied for the credit card, you will receive an acknowledgment of the credit card application from the bank with the reference number and the application number. You can check the status of your Karur Vysya Bank credit card by online method. Your mobile number and airway bill number can also be used to check the application status.
Using official website: You will have to visit the official website of the bank and go to the credit cards section. Provide the application reference number and application form number, mobile number or date of birth. The status of your application will be displayed.
Using the mobile number: In case you have lost or deleted the message which contains the application reference number sent by the bank, you can choose this option where your application will be tracked using your mobile number. Just visit the official website and go to the credit cards section. You need to enter your registered mobile number. The mobile number will be verified with an OTP sent by the bank. Once the verification is over, the status of your application will be displayed.
Through AirWay Bill number: After submitting your credit card application, it will be processed by the Karur Vysya Bank. Once your card is approved, you will receive a letter with the AirWay bill number of the shipment carrying the credit card. You can track your credit card status by using this AirWay bill number.
You can go to the official website of Karur Vysya bank and select the ‘Track your credit card’ option. You will now be redirected to another page where you will be prompted to enter your AirWay bill number. Once the number has been verified, you can track your credit card location and when it will reach you for delivery.
Once you submit all the details you will receive the status of your Karur Vysya Bank credit card application. Most of the time, the statuses will be like, ‘in process, dispatched, disapproved, on hold or no records found’. Based on the status you can take your call.
If the status shows ‘In process’, then the bank is still reviewing your application and it will take a few more days to ship your credit card.
If the status says ‘Dispatch’, you would have received a message by then with the Airmail number of the booked shipment carrying your credit card. If you haven’t received any message, then you will probably receive it within the next 1 or 2 days. If it gets delayed, you can feel free to call the Karur Vysya Bank customer care.
If your application is on hold, the bank may contact you via SMS or email asking you for some missing or additional details or about any other issue with your application. Once the issues are resolved, they will resume the card processing.
If the status says ‘No Records Found’, then the details you entered is wrong or there is some other issue. If the details you entered are accurate and still you receive the same message, then you call the Karur Vysya Bank customer care.
When you do not have an active internet connection, you can simply contact the Karur Vysya Bank customer care to know about your application status. Make sure you have the application reference number and the application form number ready as you may be asked for the same during the call to let you know about the status of your application. Another way to check your application status is to visit the nearest Karur Vysya Bank branch. Provide the application reference number and application form number to the bank personnel and he/she will help you find out the status of your application.
#2. Karur Vysya Bank Credit Card Payment:
Many people prefer to pay their bills through online mediums. Karur Vysya Bank has understood this and setup multiple ways that any person can pay their credit card bills online.
Karur Vysya Bank NetBanking: You need to register for this service before you can make use of it. Only after successful registration, customers can make online payments using this service. To pay your credit card bill, log in to the net banking facility through the bank website and click on the credit cards tab and select the “Credit Card Payment” option. Pay your bills using your Karur Vysya Bank savings account.
Karur Vysya Bank Mobile Banking Application: Karur Vysya Bank credit card users can also use the Karur Vysya Bank Mobile Banking App to make outstanding bill payments. Customers need to download the app on their mobile phones and log in with their ID. It has all the features that are present in the official net banking portal. To pay off the credit card dues, the user has to go to the credit cards tab and select the “Credit Card Payment” option. With highly enhanced security for credit card accounts using 128-bit SSL protection a user can pay or transact for anything from anywhere accessing their savings account using their Mobile app.
Autopay: If you are worried that you might forget to pay your credit card bills on time, then as a Karur Vysya Bank customer you can pay your outstanding credit card bills using the autopay option to set standing instructions for auto debits on their Karur Vysya Bank accounts.
For Non-Karur Vysya Bank account holders:
You do not necessarily need to have a Karur Vysya Bank account to pay your Karur Vysya Bank credit card bills. There are several ways to pay your Karur Vysya Bank credit card bills through online transactions using other bank accounts. This convenient way of paying your Karur Vysya Bank credit card bill through other banks work for Karur Vysya Bank and other banks as well.
NEFT: You can pay your Karur Vysya Bank credit card bill from any other bank account by using this facility. The instructions might slightly vary in different banks, but, in most of the cases, you will have to add your credit card number as the payee account number to make payment through NEFT. If you make payments during the working hours on a weekday, it will be credited on the same day while the payments made after working hours will be credited on the next business day.
RTGS: If you prefer to use your credit cards for large transactions, you can pay your credit card bills using RTGS mode even if you do not have a Karur Vysya Bank account. You need to have an active net banking non-Karur Vysya Bank account to carry out an RTGS transaction. Through RTGS, you can make payments for Rs. 2 lakhs or more.
There are still many people who consider paying their bills the traditional way. This could be because of two reasons – either they are not comfortable with the online methods or they don’t have access to the online payment modes. Either way, they prefer to pay their bills through offline mediums. For such people, Karur Vysya Bank provides multiple ways by which an individual can pay their credit card bills.
Cash Payment: You can make credit card bill payments in cash at any of the Karur Vysya Bank branches near you. Charges may be applicable for cash payments.
Cheque Payment: If you want to pay your credit card bills using cheques then you can do it in the same way as you did by paying cash. Also, you can drop off the cheques mentioning your credit card as the payee and other details at Karur Vysya Bank ATMs where there are drop boxes for this purpose.
#3. Karur Vysya Bank Credit Card Netbanking Login:
Customers can access or view their Karur Vysya Bank credit card information, credit card statements, and unbilled transactions through the net banking facility for up to six months. All the Net Banking account will detail the billed/unbilled transactions, credit limit, due dates, reward points earned and outstanding dues.
Benefits of Accessing Karur Vysya Bank Credit Card Online
Karur Vysya Bank credit card net banking offers easy access to its customers to all the transactions and operations performed with the credit card. It also provides access to Karur Vysya Bank credit card information to its customers in just a click. The customer has all the account information in fingertips. It not only provides access to the transactions taken place but also the total credit and cash limit the customer is eligible for, the available credit and cash limit, billed and unbilled transactions, payment due date, reward points information etc.
With Karur Vysya Bank credit card net banking account facility, the customer can view his bank statement up to last 6 months without any difficulty. Karur Vysya Bank credit card net banking account also allows the customer to raise any request or get their queries solved.
Account information at fingertips through Karur Vysya Bank credit card login account: The Karur Vysya Bank credit card internet banking account allows the user to have a quick access to his account information like total credit and cash limit, available credit and cash limit, billed and unbilled transactions, reward points information etc. You can also use your internet banking account to know your payment due date and pay your credit card bills on time.
View credit card statements using Karur Vysya Bank credit card login account: Though Karur Vysya Bank sends monthly credit card statements to our registered email address, it is a bit tricky to access it by filtering the mail, providing a password and downloading the statement. But, with Karur Vysya Bank credit card net banking facility, you view up to last 6 months statement easily.
Raise requests using Karur Vysya Bank credit card login: You can simply forget calling the Karur Vysya Bank customer care to raise any kind of request in the bank. With an active internet banking account, you can raise requests like register/deregister for Karur Vysya Bank autopay facility, generate credit card PIN, register/deregister credit card, block/hotlist credit card etc. You can also apply for loans and other EMI facilities or enhance credit card limits using your Karur Vysya Bank credit card internet banking.
Change the Karur Vysya Bank credit card login account password: You can change your Karur Vysya Bank credit card net banking password.
Karur Vysya Bank credit card payment through Karur Vysya Bank credit card login account: You can stop relying on other sources and use your Karur Vysya Bank credit card net banking. Install the Karur Vysya Bank mobile app and you can get your credit card information on the go. To pay credit card bill through Karur Vysya Bank net banking account you need to login to your account and select your credit card and the card number you need to pay the bill for. Hotlist or block Karur Vysya Bank credit card using your Karur Vysya Bank credit card login account: Do not panic when your credit card is lost or stolen. You can log in to your account and block your card by yourself instead of approaching the customer care.
Your card will be blocked immediately and you will receive a new card within 7-10 working days to the registered postal address.
Change Karur Vysya Bank Credit Card ATM PIN through Karur Vysya Bank credit card login account: Don’t worry if you forget your ATM PIN. You can raise a request for a new PIN using your credit card internet banking account.
Fees and Charges of Karur Vysya Bank Credit Card:
The fees and charges of Karur Vysya Bank credit cards differ from each other based on its features and benefits. However, there are few charges which are applicable on all cards offered by Karur Vysya Bank. So, let us have a look at those fees in details:
|Interest-free credit period||20-50 days (applicable only on retail purchases and if previous months outstanding balance is paid in full)|
|Cash Advance Limit||Up to 80% of Credit Limit ( Max. 12, 000 / day for Gold & 15, 000 / day for Platinum/Signature Cards|
|Finance charges for cash advance||Up to 3.35% p.m. (40.2% p.a.) from the date of withdrawal|
|Statement Retrieval||Rs. 100 per Statement (> 3 months old)|
|Late Payment||Zero if due amount ranges from Rs.0 to Rs.200
Rs.100 if due amount ranges from Rs.201 to Rs.500.
Rs.200 is fixed as late payment penalty for bill ranges between Rs.501 and Rs.1000
Rs.500 is charges for due amount ranging from Rs.1001 & up to Rs.10,000
Rs.750 if bill due amount exceeds Rs.10,000
|Overlimit||2.5% of Over limit Amount (Min. Rs.500)|
|Foreign Currency Transaction||Conversion mark up: 3.5%|
|Rewards Redemption Fee||Up to Rs.99|
|Cash advance fee applicable at International ATMs||3% of withdrawal amount or 300/-, whichever is the highest|
|Cash advance fee at SBI ATMs/Other Domestic ATMs||2.5% of withdrawal amount or 300/-, whichever is the highest|
|Charge slip retrieval||Rs. 225 for each charge slip|
#4. Karur Vysya Bank Credit Card Customer Care
Karur Vysya Bank credit card users can contact the customer care team on all working days. Any inquiries related to credit card payment, reward points, credit limit, hot listing, disputing errors on the statement etc. can be reported to the customer care team at 1860 200 1916. Local charges will be applicable as per the tariff.
Customers staying outside India (NRI) can call at +91 44 – 30721916.
To report credit card loss:
If you have lost your credit or debit card, or have been a victim of theft of your card and want to report it to the bank, the first thing you need to do is call the Karur Vysya Bank 24 hours customer care number or contact them via email immediately.
You can send an email to [email protected]
In addition to contacting the Karur Vysya Bank credit card customer care number, you must also confirm the loss in writing to the bank as soon as possible to the address below. Write to:
The Karur Vysya Bank Limited,
338 Avinashi Road,
Coimbatore - 641004
Karur Vysya Bank SBI co-branded credit card
If you have a co-branded credit card, that is jointly provided by Karur Vysya Bank and SBI, you will have to call at SBI Card helpline 1860 180 1290 to block the card. After successful hot listing, you will receive a confirmation message from the bank. SMS can be sent to 5676791 at the format of ‘BLOCK1234’ (the last 4-digit number of the card).
In case you have complaints that have not been successfully resolved, you can contact the Nodal Officer via phone, fax or email. You can escalate the issue if it has not been resolved satisfactorily, to the Assistant General Manager via phone, fax or email.
Escalation contact point/Department:
ATM Cell Karur Vysya Bank,
Karur - 639002
Next level escalation can be sent to the following contacts:
The General Manager,
The Karur Vysya Bank Ltd,
Karur - 639002
E-mail: [email protected]
MD & CEO:
MD & CEO,
The Karur Vysya Bank Ltd,
Karur - 639002
Email: [email protected]
About Karur Vysya Bank and Credit Cards:
Karur Vysya Bank is a privately owned bank in India with its headquarters located in Karur, Tamil Nadu. In 1916, it was founded by Athi Krishna Chettiar and M. A. Venkatarama Chettiar. It has a branch network of more than 657 bank branches in India. The Bank offers three credit cards, namely, the Gold and More credit card, Platinum Credit card and the Signature credit card, in partnership with SBI. These co-branded cards are issued by VISA and is accepted globally. It provides a list of banking services and products including loans, deposits, insurance policies, internet banking, mobile phone banking, services for NRIs, credit and debit cards among many others.
Free Job Alert to your Email