Indian Bank offers credit cards which are categorised according to the needs of the customers. Out of the four types of Indian Bank credit cards, three are accepted globally. Customers can enjoy zero annual fees for Indian Bank credit cards. Indian Bank also offers add-on cards to the family members of the customers. Let us have a detailed look at the credit cards offered by Indian Bank.
Best credit cards in India
Types of Credit Cards offered by Indian Bank
Indian Bank offers 4 types of credit cards categorized according to the needs of the customers. All these cards are accepted worldwide except one which can be used domestically only. The four cards are mentioned below:
- Indian Bank Classic Credit Card
- Indian Bank Gold Credit Card
- Indian Bank Bharat Credit Card
- Indian Bank VISA Business Credit Card
Let us have a look at the features of these cards in detail.
Features and Benefits of Indian Bank Credit Cards
The features of these credit cards are attractive and are beneficial to their customers. High credit limits and interest-free periods along with low-interest rates are some of the appealing features of Indian Bank credit cards.
- Worldwide Acceptance- Indian Bank Credit Cards are accepted in more than 30 million merchant concerns under VISA all over the world and 1,50,000 Visa Merchants within India.
- Cash back and Rewards- Rs. 0.50 is earned by spending Rs. 100 on transactions done through Indian Bank Credit Cards. In order to redeem the rewards, Rs. 500 has to be collected. For cash back, these reward points on your credit card will be redeemed which would, in turn, be credited into your bank account.
- No annual fee- Zero annual fees or renewal fee for Indian Bank credit cards.
- Credit period- A crediting period of more than 15 days to 45 days with no interest in transactions done using Indian Bank credit card.
- Cash Advance- With the help of Indian Bank credit card, customers can withdraw cash from more than 5,500 Visa ATMs across India and 8 lakhs Visa ATMs worldwide.
- Add on Cards- Avail add-on cards for your family members
- Revolving Credit- The facility of partial payment is also available on Indian Bank Credit Cards with a low-interest rate to be added with the reminder. After the payment is done, the interest will be refunded thereafter.
- Insurance- Insurance cover is provided with Indian bank credit cards.
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required to avail Indian Bank Credit Cards
You need to meet the following criteria to avail the respective Indian Bank credit card. Each card has its own eligibility requirements, so make sure you are eligible to own one.
|Particulars||Global Classic||Global Gold||Bharat Credit||VISA Business|
|Minimum age||18 years||18 years||25 years||NA|
|Maximum age||80 years||80 years||60 years||NA|
|Who can apply?||Indian nationals and NRIs||Indian nationals and NRIs||Indian nationals||Corporates, Limited Companies, partnerships, and sole proprietary concerns|
|Minimum income||Rs. 12,500||Rs. 12,500||Rs. 5000||Aggregate limits of Rs. 10 lakhs|
To avail Indian Bank credit cards and complete the application process, you need to submit the following documents:
- ID proof: Passport/Driving license/Voter’s ID/Aadhaar card or any other government ID
- Address proof: Utility bills/Passport/Driving license/Aadhaar card
- Income proof: Last 3 months pay slip in case of salaried applicants and a copy of IT returns in case of self-employed applicants
- PAN card
- Companies need to submit financial statements for the last two years, a branch recommendation, and a letter to extend the lien on existing securities to cover the proposed business credit card if you want to avail VISA Business credit card
How to Apply for Indian Bank Credit Cards?
Indian Bank, one of the popular banks in India, offers a wide range of credit products to its customers. With competitive interest rates on loans and credit cards, Indian Bank is a name to reckon in the credit market. The customers can enjoy numerous benefits on tailor-made Indian Bank credit cards based on different needs.
The following are the steps to apply for credit card,
- Step 1: You can visit the ‘Credit Cards’ page of the Indian Bank official website
- Step 2: Enter your personal and contact details
- Step 3: After the verification, a representative from the bank will get in touch with and ask guide you through the process
- Step 4: You may have to submit KYC documents and income proof to get an Indian Bank credit card
- Step 5: You can also visit the nearby Indian Bank branch to apply for a credit card
Fees and Charges of Indian Bank Credit Cards
|Charge||Global Classic||Global Gold||Bharat Credit||VISA Business|
|Add-on card||One-time fee of Rs. 100.||One-time fee of Rs. 250.||Not available||Not available|
|Interest on revolving credit||1.99% per month (23.88% per annum)||1.99% per month (23.88% per annum)||1.79% per month (21.48% per annum).||1.99% per month (23.88% per annum)|
|Minimum due||5% of the billed amount||5% of the billed amount||10% of the billed amount||25% of the billed amount|
|Late Payment||Rs. 250||Rs. 250||Rs. 250||Rs. 250|
#1. Indian Bank Credit Card Bill Payment
Indian Bank credit card users have multiple online and offline options for making their credit card bill payments every month. These payment options are secure and simple to use and cardholders can pay their bills quickly without facing any issues. The bank allows them to make their credit card bill payments using their accounts from other banks also. Cardholders can get a duplicate copy of their credit card statements at any time they want from the bank.
- Netbanking: Indian Bank credit card customers can make their credit card bill payments through netbanking service offered by the bank. To use the service, you need to login to your Indian Bank net banking service and register your credit card as a beneficiary by selecting ‘Credit Card Accounts’ in the ‘Add Beneficiary’ section. Once you register, you can make the payment through the IB Credit Card Payments’ option
- NEFT: The NEFT service can be chosen for making payments for credit cards. This service is useful for resolving payments for your Indian Bank credit cards using non-Indian Bank accounts. First, you need to login into your net banking portal and access the option termed as ‘Online Funds Transfer’. In this section, you have to add your Indian Bank credit card as the beneficiary. You can now start the fund transfer to complete bill payment transactions.
- Auto Debit Facility: Credit cardholders of Indian bank can make their credit card bill payments by opting for the Auto Debit facility. Through this facility, the bank deducts either the minimum amount that is due or the full bill amount every month directly from your bank account. You need to have a savings account or current account with Indian Bank to use this facility. You need to ensure that you have enough funds in your account.
- Mobile Banking: Mobile banking option can be used to make credit card bill payments. You can transfer funds to your credit card account using the mobile application of Indian Bank. You can also get all the information related to your credit card transactions and past payments.
- Cash: Customers can visit any branch of Indian Bank and pay their card bills over the counter. They will need to fill in the pay-in-slip and submit it along with the money to the teller at the counter. The teller will provide them with a receipt as proof of payment.
- Cheque or Draft: Indian bank credit cardholders have the option of paying their credit card bills through cheque or draft. All the branches of Indian Bank have been equipped with Drop boxes, where customers have to drop the cheques. On the back of the cheque or draft, they will have to mention their full name and phone number. The bank will accept payments through locally issued cheques and drafts only.
#2. Indian Bank Credit Card Netbanking
Netbanking is an electronic payment system of Indian Bank which helps the customers to conduct a range of financial transactions through Indian Bank website. To access netbanking login facility the user must have a customer ID, password and other credentials for customer verification. To experience the convenience Indian Bank has provided to all its credit card customers, the applicant has to be registered to Indian Bank credit card login.
Benefits of Accessing Indian Bank Credit Card Online
Indian Bank credit card netbanking offers easy access to its customers to all the transactions and operations performed with the credit card. It also provides access to Indian Bank credit card information to its customers in just a click. The customer has all the account information in fingertips. It not only provides access to the transactions taken place but also the total credit and cash limit the customer is eligible for, the available credit and cash limit, billed and unbilled transactions, payment due date, reward points information etc.
With Indian Bank credit card netbanking account facility, the customer can view his bank statement up to last 6 months without any difficulty. Indian Bank credit card netbanking account also allows the customer to raise any request or get their queries solved.
Account information at fingertips through Indian Bank credit card login account: The Indian Bank credit card internet banking account allows the user to have a quick access to his account information like total credit and cash limit, available credit and cash limit, billed and unbilled transactions, reward points information etc. You can also use your internet banking account to know your payment due date and pay your credit card bills on time.
View credit card statements using Indian Bank credit card login account: Though Indian Bank sends monthly credit card statements to our registered email address, it is a bit tricky to access it by filtering the mail, providing a password and downloading the statement. But, with Indian Bank credit card net banking facility, you view up to last 6 months statement easily.
Raise requests using Indian Bank credit card login: You can simply forget calling the Indian Bank customer care to raise any kind of request in the bank. With an active internet banking account, you can raise requests like register/deregister for Indian Bank autopay facility, generate credit card PIN, register/deregister credit card, block/hotlist credit card etc. You can also apply for loans and other EMI facilities or enhance credit card limits using your Indian Bank credit card internet banking.
Change Indian Bank credit card login account password: You can change your Indian Bank credit card net banking password
Indian Bank credit card payment through Indian Bank credit card login account: You can stop relying on other sources and use your Indian Bank credit card netbanking. Install the Indian Bank mobile app and you can get your credit card information on the go. To pay credit card bill through Indian Bank net banking account you need to login to your account and select your credit card and the card number you need to pay the bill for.
Hotlist or block Indian Bank credit card using your Indian Bank credit card login account: Do not panic when your credit card is lost or stolen. You can log in to your account and block your card by yourself instead of approaching the customer care. Your card will be blocked immediately and you will receive a new card within 7-10 working days to the registered postal address. A card issuance of Rs.100 will be charged for this service. Please note that this service is available only for lost or stolen cards and not for damaged or non-working cards. If you need assistance for the same, please contact Indian Bank customer care.
Change Indian Bank Credit Card ATM PIN through Indian Bank credit card login account: Don’t worry if you forget your ATM PIN. You can raise a request for a new PIN using your credit card internet banking account.
#3. Indian Bank Credit Card Status
Currently, Indian bank does not offer an online facility to check the status of your credit card application. However, you can contact the Indian bank customer care service to know the status of your application. Ensure you have the application reference number and the registered mobile number handy, as it will be required to check the application status. You also have the option of visiting the Indian bank branch and asking the respective personnel to help you check your application status.
#4. Indian Bank Credit Card Customer Care
Indian Bank offers 24 hours customer care service to its customers who are facing issues with their credit card. Here is the toll-free number of customer care
1800 425 00 000/1800 425 4422
One can send an email as well, providing details about the issues or the query. Their email ID is firstname.lastname@example.org
Their office address is
Credit Card Centre, 3rd Floor,
Indian Bank Building,
66 Rajaji Salai,
Chennai - 600 001
Phone: (044) 2526 2999.
Fax: (044) 2526 1999
Hotlist Stolen or Lost Card:
If your Indian bank credit card has been stolen or you have lost it, then immediately block it in order to avoid any misuse. One can hotlist the credit card using the following procedure
SMS: Type "BLOCK CC" and send this SMS to 56767 through your registered mobile number.
CALL: Contact their 24/7 customer care team by calling on 1800 425 00000
EMAIL: Send them an email with the credit card number at email@example.com. However, this facility is available only on working days.
One can escalate the issue and contact the Credit Card Centre Manager if you are not satisfied with the solution given. The following are the contact details:
Mr. Mohamood Hassan, Manager
Credit Card Card Centre
254-260, Avvai Shanmugham Salai, Royapettah,
Chennai – 600 014
Phone No - 044 2813 4365 (Available only on working days). You can send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If the complaint is still not resolved within 30 days, it can be referred to:
Mr. Jeya Shanker CK,
Chief Manager, Credit Card Card Centre
254-260, Avvai Shanmugham Salai, Royapettah,
Chennai – 600 014
In case you are not satisfied with the solution offered by the customer care or the bank branch, then you can escalate the issue to Indian Bank’s zonal branches by writing them an email. Given below are the details:
Free Job Alert to your Email