WBJEE Exam 2020:
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) will conduct the engineering entrance exam on 2nd February 2020. Earlier the board announced that WBJEE will be held on 19th April 2020. Compared to last year this year total of 22,175 seats are vacant. The board needs to conduct the WBJEE earlier so that the results can be declared as soon as possible than other states. More details regarding WBJEE Exam will be updated here instantly.
WBJEE 2019 Application Process begins from December 26:
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) application form submission process will begin from December 26, 2018 on its official website wbjeeb.in. WBJEE 2019 Entrance examination will be held on May 19, 2019. Last date for filling WBJEE 2019 Application Form is January 22, 2019. WBJEE result for 2019 Entrance examination is expected to be declared by June 25, 2019. WBJEE exam will be of four hours (pen-paper mode) and will be held in two parts on three subjects - Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Paper 1 (mathematics) will be conducted between 11 am to 1 pm, and paper 2 (physics and chemistry) from 2 to 4 pm. Candidates can apply for WBJEE 2019 Entrance examination from December 26, 2018 through the direct official link which will be updated in this page. Candidates will have to pay Rs 500/- plus the Bank’s Service Charges for WBJEE 2019 application fee.
About WBJEE 2019:West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations shortly WBJEE is a state level entrance examination conducted every year for Undergraduate (UG) Engineering ie., B.Tech/ B.E. courses admission to 9 government and 94 private engineering colleges/universities of West Bengal. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) will invite online Application forms for WBJEE 2019 tentatively in third week of December 2018 on the official website wbjeeb nic in. It is expected that, WBJEE 2019 exam will be tentatively held across the West Bengal state in the month of April, 2019 in offline (pen-paper based) mode. WBJEE 2019 exam comprises of two papers, paper 1 of Mathematics and a combined paper 2 of Physics and Chemistry. WBJEE Admit Cards will be made available for download at least 15 days prior to the exam date. WBJEE 2019 result will tentatively be declared on first week of June 2019 on the official website www.wbjeeb.nic.in. Check WBJEE 2019 Eligibility, Application Form filling procedure, WBJEE 2019 Exam pattern, Syllabus and more in this article.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Highlights:Through WBJEE 2019 Exam, a total of 34,125 seats will be filled for various B.E./B.Tech/Pharmacy courses in different participating institutes. However, 10% engineering seats are allocated on the basis of JEE Main result in Self-Financed Engineering and Technology Colleges in West Bengal. While admission for 5-year degree course in Architecture is based on NATA/JEE Main Paper II result of the candidate.
|Name of Examination||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE)|
|Organising Authority||WBJEE Board (WBJEEB)|
|Date of Examination||April 22, 2019|
|Purpose of the Exam||Admission for Undergraduate (UG) Engineering ie., B.Tech/ B.E. courses|
|Applicability of WBJEE||Government and private engineering colleges/universities of West Bengal|
|Mode and Type of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Application||Online only|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture|
|Helpdesk||(033) 2367 1159/ 1198|
|No. of Seats Available||34125|
WBJEE 2019 Important Dates:There is no official updates on WBJEE 2019 application form as well as exam dates. The tentative Dates of WBJEE 2019 events are granted in the following table. When the WBJEE 2019 important dates are announced officially, the same will be updated here immediately.
|WBJEE Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|WBJEE 2019 Official Notification announcement||November 20, 2018|
|WBJEE 2019 Application Form link activation||December 26, 2018|
|WBJEE 2019 Application Form Closing Date||January 22, 2019|
|WBJEE Admit card Availability||May 07, 2019|
|WBJEE 2019 Exam date||May 19, 2019|
|WBJEE 2019 Result Declaration||June 25, 2019|
What are the Eligibility Criteria for WBJEE 2019?Before filling WBJEE Online Application Form 2019, Candidates are recommended to carefully go through the eligibility criteria. Following are the essential Eligibility Criteria, which are officially announced for Candidates who wish to apply for the WBJEE 2019 Entrance Exam.
|Nationality:||Must be a citizen of India|
|Domicile:||Should be a domicile of West Bengal|
|Minimum Age Limit:||
Educational Qualification For Engineering Course admission:Candidates should passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects.
Educational Qualification For Pharmacy Course admission:Candidates must passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Chemistry along with any one of Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects.
How to fill the WBJEE 2019 Application Form?All the interested and eligible candidates should submit the WBJEE Application Form 2019 in online mode only. Incomplete application/registration form will be rejected. All the details entered by the candidates should be correct, otherwise the WBJEE application form will be rejected. The detailed stepwise procedure for submitting WBJEE Application Form 2019 are provided below:
- Step 1 – Registration: In order to fill WBJEE 2019 online application Form, firstly the candidate will have to register themselves.
- Step 2 – Filling Online Application Form: Then, Candidates will have to enter their personal details (name, parent's name, date of birth, etc.), academic details (status of qualification, passing year, marks secured, etc) and contact details (address, mobile number, etc) in the given appropriate fields. Candidates should also choose the preferred course and three exam centres.
- Step 3 – Uploading Scanned Photograph and Signature: The scanned documents should be according to the specifications prescribed by the WBJEE admission authorities. The photograph should be taken recently. The format and size of the scanned photo and signature should be as follows:
|Photograph||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 100 KB||4 cm X 3 cm|
|Signature||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 30 KB||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
- Step 4 – Making Application Fees Payment: Candidates should pay the WBJEE Application Fee of Rs. 500 (for all category candidates) in online mode (through Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card) or offline mode (using Allahabad Bank e-challan) with Core Banking Services.
- Step 5 – Confirming and Printing Application Form: After filling all the above mentioned information correctly, candidates are advised to take the print out of the WBJEE Application Form for future reference.
WBJEE 2019 Exam pattern:WBJEE 2019 exam is conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based test) for 4 hours. Totally 155 Questions are asked in 2 papers - Paper 1 (Mathematics) and Paper 2 (Physics and Chemistry). All the questions in WBJEE are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) pattern with 4 options against each question. In each of the 3 subjects ie., Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, there will be three categories of questions, with different marking scheme.
- Mode of Exam: Offline (OMR Pattern)
- Duration of Exam: 4 hours
- Subjects: Mathematics – 75 Questions, Physics – 40 Questions, Chemistry – 40 Questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Total Marks: 200 Marks
- Total Number of Questions: 155
(1 mark each)
(2 marks each)
(2 marks each)
|Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Physics||30 Questions||5 Questions||5 Questions||40||50|
|Chemistry||30 Questions||5 Questions||5 Questions||40||50|
|Mathematics||50 Questions||15 Questions||10 Questions||75||100|
Marking Scheme for three categories of questions in each of the subjects is different which is mentioned in the following table:
|Categories in Physics,
|Correct options||Mark given for every correct answer||Mark reduced for every wrong answer|
|Category 1||Only 1 option is correct||1 mark||¼ marks|
|Category 2||Only 1 option is correct||2 marks||½ marks|
|Category 3||1 or more options may be correct||2 marks (Only for all correct response)||No negative marking|
For Category 3, Combination of correct and incorrect response will be treated incorrect. In that case, for Partially correct answer, marks will be awarded as:
Total marks = 2 X (no. of correct options/total no. of correct options).
WBJEE Syllabus 2019:The Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics questions asked in the WBJEE 2018 Entrance exam question paper are from Class 11th and 12th syllabus prescribed by the CBSE & State Board. Detailed subject wise WBJEE syllabus and important Topic Names of 3 main WBJEE subjects ie., Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are granted here.
- Coordinate Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Coordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Physical, World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions
- Motion of Centre of Mass, Connected Systems, Friction
- Laws of Motion
- Bulk Properties of Matter
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillation & Waves
- Atomic Physics
- Current Electricity
- Solid State Electronics
- Optics I (Ray Optics)
- Optics II (Wave Optics)
- Nuclear Physics
- Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
- Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- Solid, Liquid and Gaseous State
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics
DV Schedule related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Score card related Articles
Result related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Admit Card related Articles
Exam related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
General related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
Counselling related Articles
- »NIT Patna Result 2019. Download Your Results Here14 hours ago
- »KMAT Admit card 2019. Download your admit card here15 hours ago
- »APPSC Admit Card 2019.Download your hall ticket here15 hours ago
- TEZPUR UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AAU INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- MAZAGON DOCK INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AIIMS BHOPAL INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- WBPSC PROBATION CUM AFTER CARE OFFICER INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- JHARKHAND HIGH COURT INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- UPSC CMS INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- IOCL INTERVIEW SHORTLIST 2019
- MAHAGENCO INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- GURU NANAK DEV UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- TSCAB STAFF ASSISTANT PREVIOUS PAPER
- UPSC MAINS PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- TN TRB PG ASSISTANT AND PED GRADE I QUESTION PAPER
- COCHIN SHIPYARD PROJECT ASSISTANTS PREVIOUS PAPERS
- RBI GRADE B PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE CLASS 12 BIOLOGY SAMPLE PAPER
- UPSC QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE UGC NET QUESTION PAPERS
- IBPS PO QUESTION PAPER
- IBPS CLERK QUESTION PAPER