UPSC Cut off 2018, Expected Marks:
Expected Cut off marks of UPSC Civil Services Preliminary examination has been released, after UPSC announces the Civil Services Prelims 2018 result on July 14, 2018. UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2018 Exam was conducted on June 3, 2018. The expected Cut off marks for the Prelims Exam are provided here along with Mains and Final Merit Listing expected cut off marks. In 2017, UPSC set cut off marks for Prelims Exam as 105.34 for general category candidates, and 102.66 for OBC candidates. This year, it is expected that UPSC Civil Services 2018 cutoff marks will drop when compared to previous year cut off marks, because level of difficulty of questions asked in Prelims exam has increased.
Expected Cutoff of UPSC Civil Services 2018 Exam:
150 – 200
665 – 679
850 – 889
140 – 201
602 – 631
810 – 845
101 – 185
615 – 633
815 – 835
103 – 180
610 – 620
800 – 815
101 – 170
550 – 615
800 – 820
80 – 120
550 – 630
780 – 835
60 – 125
450 – 515
690 – 726
UPSC Cut off Marks Overview:UPSC Civil Services Examination Cut off marks are decided by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to fix an only certain number of candidates for next round of Civil Services selection process. UPSC releases official Cut off marks for Prelims, Main - written Exam and Final Ranking after the declaration of Final UPSC Result. UPSC Civil Services Cut off Marks are different for each phase ie., Prelims, Main written Exam and Final Ranking. These UPSC cutoff marks may vary according to candidate’s category like General, OBC, SC, ST, PWD. In the page, you can grab latest updates on UPSC CSE Prelims Cut off marks, Mains written Exam Cut off marks and Final Cut off marks for All India Ranking.
UPSC Cut off 2018 Important Dates:UPSC Cut off for various stages like Prelims, Mains - written Exam and Overall Final Listing will be officially announced as per the following UPSC Civil Services Exam Schedule.
|S. No||Events||Tentative Schedule|
|1||UPSC CSE Prelims Exam Date||June 3, 2018|
|2||UPSC CSE Prelims Result||July 14, 2018|
|3||UPSC CSE Mains written Exam Date||September 28 to October 7, 2018|
|4||UPSC CSE Mains Result||December, 2018|
|5||Interview Date||January 2019|
|6||UPSC Civil Services Prelims, Mains, Final Cut Off marks availability||March/April, 2019|
What are the Influencing Factors of UPSC Cut off Marks 2018?Civil Services Cut off marks decided by UPSC are based on various factors, some are granted below:
- Total Number of vacancies
- Total Number of candidates participating in each stage
- Level of Difficulty of Questions
- Marking scheme
- Reservation norms
- Last year cut-off trends
What are the stages in UPSC Cut off 2018?To appoint suitable candidates in Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Central Services - Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) officially announces cut off marks for three stages of Civil Services Examination (CSE) viz
- UPSC CS Prelims,
- CS Mains -written Exam,
- CS Final Ranking
UPSC Cut off 2018 of IAS Prelims Exam Overview:UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination is the first step of the Selection process for various Civil Services. UPSC Preliminary Examination of Civil Services consists of two compulsory papers namely: General Studies Paper-I (GS Paper I), General Studies Paper-II (GS Paper II) which is often referred as Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT). Know the exact UPSC Exam Pattern for both Prelims and Mains Exam now.
- General Studies Paper I is of qualifying nature for Mains Written Exam. The marks obtained in this paper is considered for shortlisting to Mains Exam. UPSC decides to cut off marks for this paper.
- But in General Studies paper II, candidates compulsorily score minimum qualifying marks i.e. 66 marks which are 33% of 200 marks. Cut off marks is not applicable to this paper.
- For shortlisting candidates to UPSC Civil Services Mains - written Examination, UPSC considers marks obtained by the candidates in GS Paper I and qualifying marks in GS Paper II.
What are the previous years UPSC Cut off Marks for IAS Prelims Exam?Based on the Civil Services Prelims cut off marks decided by UPSC, the number of candidates to be shortlisted for UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination is around 12 to 13 times the total number of Vacancies to be filled through this year’s UPSC Civil Services Exam.
|Category||CS Prelims cutoff|
UPSC Cut off 2018 of IAS Mains written Exam Overview:UPSC Mains written Examination is the second step of UPSC Civil Services Selection process. UPSC Mains Examination consists of nine papers of conventional essay type, out of which two are qualifying papers (Paper A - Indian Language, Paper B - English) each of 300 marks and seven other papers (paper I to Paper VII) are compulsory with each of 250 marks and are to be counted for merit.
- Candidates who secured cut off marks (as decided by UPSC) in Civil Services Prelims Exam is allowed to attend Paper A and Paper B of Mains - written Examination.
- Candidates need to obtain at least 25% marks in qualifying papers (Paper A and Paper B) to appear next 7 papers of UPSC Civil Services Mains examination.
- The cutoff of UPSC Civil Services Mains written exam is calculated on basis of minimum 10% marks in each of the competitive papers i.e., Essay paper, GS-I, GS-II, GS-III, GS-IV and Optional paper-I and Optional paper-II.
What are the previous years UPSC Cut off Marks for IAS Mains Written Exam?Based on the Civil Services Mains Written Exam cut off marks decided by UPSC, the number of candidates to be shortlisted for Interview is twice the total number of Vacancies to be filled through this year’s UPSC Civil Services Exam.
|Category||CS Mains Written cutoff|
The Interview or personality tests for UPSC Civil Services is conducted for a total of 275 marks. There is no minimum qualifying marks for UPSC Civil Services Interview.
UPSC Cut off 2018 for Final Ranking Overview:UPSC releases Final cut off marks for various civil services posts after completion of Interview. This Civil Services Final cut off is based on UPSC CSE Mains - Written Exam (7 Compulsory Papers) marks and Interview marks secured by last recommended candidates. UPSC releases All India Rank (AIR) of candidates, which aggregates the marks obtained in all 7 Compulsory Papers of Mains written exam and Interview.
- Total marks of UPSC Mains Written Exam considered for Final Ranking = 7 compulsory papers (Paper I to Paper VII) x 250 marks = 1,750 marks.
- Total marks for Final Ranking = Marks of 7 compulsory papers in Mains Written Exam (out of 1,750 marks) + Interview marks (out of 275 marks)
Previous Year's UPSC Cut off for Final Ranking:UPSC Civil Services cut off marks for Final Ranking of last three years is provided below.
|Category||CS Final cutoff|
Previous Year UPSC Cut off of Civil Services Examination 2017:In the previous year Civil Services Examination, the minimum qualifying marks secured by the last recommended candidate in various categories at various stages are provided below.
|Civil Services Exam Stages||Category wise Cut off marks|
DV Schedule related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Score card related Articles
Result related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Admit Card related Articles
Exam related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
General related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
Counselling related Articles
- »NIT Patna Result 2019. Download Your Results Here14 hours ago
- »KMAT Admit card 2019. Download your admit card here15 hours ago
- »APPSC Admit Card 2019.Download your hall ticket here16 hours ago
- TEZPUR UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AAU INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- MAZAGON DOCK INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AIIMS BHOPAL INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- WBPSC PROBATION CUM AFTER CARE OFFICER INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- JHARKHAND HIGH COURT INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- UPSC CMS INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- IOCL INTERVIEW SHORTLIST 2019
- MAHAGENCO INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- GURU NANAK DEV UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- TSCAB STAFF ASSISTANT PREVIOUS PAPER
- UPSC MAINS PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- TN TRB PG ASSISTANT AND PED GRADE I QUESTION PAPER
- COCHIN SHIPYARD PROJECT ASSISTANTS PREVIOUS PAPERS
- RBI GRADE B PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE CLASS 12 BIOLOGY SAMPLE PAPER
- UPSC QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE UGC NET QUESTION PAPERS
- IBPS PO QUESTION PAPER
- IBPS CLERK QUESTION PAPER