On 15th January 2019, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released the final result for the Combined Medical Services Exam 2019. Candidates who have appeared in Part I and Part II examination can check their results through the official site of UPSC at upsc.gov.in.Candidates had to appear for Computer Based Examination (Part I) and Personality Test (Part II) to qualify the CMS examination. The Part I examination was conducted on July 22, 2018, and Part II was conducted from November 2018 to January 2019. A total of 440 posts will be filled up through this examination.Candidates have been recommended for appointment to the services/posts in the (i) Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways; (ii) Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service; and (iii) Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service.
Check the UPSC CMS Final Result 2019
UPSC CMS Combined Medical Services Written Exam 2018 Result Released:
On 27th August 2018, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the Result of UPSC CMS Written Exam 2018. The list of candidates who have qualified for the Interview on the basis of marks scored in the written Exam of the UPSC CMS Combined Medical Services Examination 2018 is uploaded as PDF in the UPSC website: www.upsc.gov.in. Candidates can check their UPSC CMS written Exam 2018 Result and qualifying status for the interview from the below provided direct official link. Candidates who have qualified for the interview will have to fill Detailed Application Form (DAF) which will be available on the official website from September 13, 2018 to September 27, 2018 till 6 pm.
Check the UPSC CMS Written Exam 2018 Result
UPSC CMS Reserve List 2017:
On July 27, 2018, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has uploaded the Reserve List of 637 candidates in order of merit for appointment based on Combined Medical Services (CMS) Examination, 2017. UPSC recommends 80 candidates, which includes 18 General, 53 Other Backward Classes and 09 Scheduled Caste, to fill up the remaining posts based on Combined Medical Services Examination, 2017. The provisionality of these shorlisted candidates will remain valid only for a period of six months from the date of declaration of Reserve List. In case the candidate fails to submit the requisite documents as required by the Commission within this period, their candidature will be cancelled.
Check the UPSC CMS Reserve List 2017
UPSC CMS Admit Card 2018 released:
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the e-admit cards of the Combined Medical Services Examination (CMS), 2018 exam on its official website upsconline.nic.in and upsc.gov.in. UPSC CMS exam is scheduled to be conducted on July 22, 2018. UPSC CMS Computer based examination is conducted for a total of 500 marks, in two objective type papers. Each paper will be carrying a maximum of 250 marks. The duration of both the papers will be two hours. Candidates who qualify in this UPSC CMS 2018 Computer based test, are called for Personality test, which is carried out for 100 marks. Candidates who are appearing in this UPSC CMS 2018 Exam can now download their UPSC CMS Admit Card 2018 from the below provided direct official link, on/before July 22, 2018. Candidates must take a print out of this UPSC CMS Admit Card 2018 to attend the written test as well as for future reference.
Download the UPSC CMS Admit Card 2018
UPSC CMS Exam - Important datesCandidates who have applied for the UPSC CMS Exam should have a close follow-up of the events. The events calendar specifying the important dates to be notified by the candidate is given in the table below. Candidates must note these official dates of UPSC CMS 2018 Exam.
|Opening of Online Application||May 3, 2018|
|Offline Mode of Fees payment||May 24, 2018|
|Online Mode of Fees payment||May 25, 2018|
|Last Date for Closing/Editing Online Application||May 25, 2018|
|Admit Card Download||July 2, 2018|
|Online Exam||July 22, 2018|
|Personality Test||to be notified|
|Declaration of Final Result||to be notified|
UPSC CMS Online From 2018 - Apply Here:
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has recently activated the link for online application form for Combined Medical Services (CMS) Exam 2018 Recruitment. All eligible candidates can apply online for UPSC CMS 2018 Exam on or before May 25, 2018 till 6.00 P.M. Candidates can check the recent UPSC CMS 2018 Recruitment Notification below and apply for the same through the direct official link provided below:
Check official UPSC CMS 2018 Recruitment Notification
Fill the UPSC CMS 2018 Application Form
UPSC CMSUnion Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India's central recruiting firm responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India Services and Central Services. UPSC conducts competitive exams for recruitment of candidates in Major Services for Union and All India Services. Combined Medical Services (CMS) Exam is one of the topmost services exam conducted by UPSC. The vacancies in medical services across India are filled from UPSC CMS Exams.
How to get UPSC CMS 2017 Admit Card?UPSC CMS Exam is scheduled to be conducted on August 13, 2017. UPSC has released the e-Admit Card on July 24, 2017, and will be available for the candidates to download till the Exam date (August 13, 2017). For the Written Examination, the candidates will be issued an e-Admit Card, which serves as an entry proof to take the Entrance Exam. Candidates who don't hold the UPSC CMS Admit Card are strictly prohibited from taking the Exam.
Download your UPSC CMS Admit Card from the given link.
- The e-Admit Card (Online mode only) is released only for the eligible candidates and whose application is being processed by UPSC.
- Candidates are expected to carry the printout of the Admit Card and also a printout of important instructions (which must be read well in advance) to the Exam.
- To avoid last-minute accessing problems to the site, candidates are advised to download the Admit Card well in advance.
- Candidates can download their Admit Card using their Registration ID or Roll Number.
What is the Exam Pattern of UPSC CMS 2018?UPSC CMS Exam will be conducted in two phases/parts i.e.
- (i) Computer Based Examination (Papers I and II) - 500 marks
- (ii) Personality Test - 100 marks
|Exam Phase/Paper/Topics||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Computer based Examination||Paper I (120 questions)||General Ability||30||250|
|Paper II (120 questions)||Surgery||40||250|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40|
|Total Computer based exam Score||500|
- The written examination for Combined Medical Service for two objective papers will be conducted in Computer-based mode. A Demo module for Computer-based mode of this examination is made available by UPSC.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer and one-third of the marks assigned that question will be deducted as penalty.
- Giving more than one answer for a question is treated as wrong answer and penalty applies the same.
- No penalty for questions that are left blank.
UPSC CMS Exam SyllabusUPSC CMS Exam syllabus for Computer-based Exam (Part I) and Personality Test (Part II) is detailed in this section. Knowing the syllabus and pattern will help in better preparation. Check below for detailed syllabus on each paper and topic. Online Exam/Computer-based Exam will have two Papers i.e. Paper I and Paper II.
Paper IPaper I is the first division in Online Exam which in turn will have three divisions i.e. General Ability (30 questions), General Medicine (70 questions), and Paediatrics (20 questions). The maximum marks will be 250 and the time duration of the exam will be 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Indian Society, Heritage & Culture, Polity, Economy, Human Development Indices and the Development Programmes
- Natural Resources, their distribution, exploitation, conservation, and related issues
- Basic concepts of Ecology and Environment and their impact on health and economy
- Impact of changing demographic trends on health, environment, and society
- Indian Agriculture, Industry, Trade, Transportation and Service Sectors
- Natural and man made disasters and their management
- Food adulteration, Food processing, food distribution, food storage and their relevance to public health
- Recent trends in Science and Technology
- Respiratory diseases
- Metabolic disorders
- Infections/Communicable Diseases a) Virus b) Rickets c) Bacterial d) Spirochetal e) Protozoan f) Metazoan g) Fungus
- Diseases of the skin (Dermatology)
- Musculoskeletal System
Paper IIPaper II is the second division of Online Exam with time duration of 2 hours (120 minutes). The Overall score will be 250 and the total number of questions will be 120. Paper II also has three divisions i.e. Surgery (40 questions), Gynaecology & Obstetrics (40 questions), and Preventive & Social Medicine (40 questions). The syllabus for each topic is given below.
- General Surgery
- Blood vessels
- Head and neck
- Alimentary tract a) Oesophagus b) Stomach c) Intestines d) Anus e) Developmental
- Liver, Bile, Pancreas
- Abdominal wall
- Abdominal injuries
- Urological Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology E.N.T.
- Thoracic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Ante-natal conditions
- Intra-natal conditions
- Post-natal conditions
- Management of normal labours or complicated labour
- Questions on applied anatomy
- Questions on applied physiology of menstruation and fertilization
- Questions on infections in genital tract
- Questions on neoplasma in the genital tract
- Questions on displacement of the uterus
- Family Planning
- Conventional contraceptives
- U.D. and oral pills
- Operative procedure, sterilization, and organization of programmes in the urban and rural surroundings
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy
Preventive Social and Community Medicine
- Social and Community Medicine
- Concept of Health, Disease and Preventive Medicine
- Health Administration and Planning
- General Epidemiology
- Demography and Health Statistics
- Communicable Diseases
- Environmental Health
- Nutrition and Health
- Non-communicable diseases
- Occupational Health
- Genetics and Health
- International Health
- Medical Sociology and Health Education
- Maternal and Child Health
- National Programmes
Candidates qualifying in the Online Exam will be shortlisted to appear for the Interview/Personality Test. The Interview will be for 100 marks. The test will focus on candidate's General Knowledge, intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, balance of judgment and alertness of mind, ability for social cohesion, integrity of character, initiative and capability for leadership.
The Final selection will be based on the score obtained in both Online Exam and Personal Interview.
UPSC CMS Exam - Vacancy DetailsThe Services/Posts to which recruitment is to be made and the approximate number of vacancies to be filled are given below.
|Name of the post||No. of vacancies||Services/posts identified for PH Categories|
|Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways||450||14|
|Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services||26||1|
|Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services||216||4|
|General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council||02||-|
|General Duty Medical Gr.-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, and South Delhi Municipal Corporation.||16||1|
UPSC CMS Exam - Salary Structure
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways - Rs. 15,600-39,100/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/- + NPA
- Assistant Medical Officer in the Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service under the Ministry of Defence - Rs. 15,600-39,100/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/- + NPA
- Junior Scale posts in the Central Health Service - Rs. 56,100 to Rs.1,77,500/- and NPA
- General Duty Medical Officer in the New Delhi Municipal Council - Rs. 56,100-1,77,500/- + restricted NPA
- General Duty Medical Officer Gr.II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, and South Delhi Municipal Corporation - Rs. 15600-39100 with Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/- plus NPA
What are the Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CMS Exam?
A candidate must be either a citizen of India, (OR) a subject of Nepal, (OR) a subject of Bhutan, (OR) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, (OR) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Candidate must not have attained the age of 32 years as on August 1, 2017 (i.e. not born earlier than August 2, 1985). Age relaxation from 3 to 10 years is given based on criteria specified by UPSC.
- Candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
- Candidate who has appeared or has yet to appear at the final M.B.B.S. Examination may also apply. Such candidates are to produce proof of passing the written and practical part of M.B.B.S Exam failing which admission is provisional and subject to cancellation.
Physical and Medical Standards
- Candidates should be physically and medically fit as per physical/medical standards of UPSC.
What is the Application Fees of UPSC CMS Exam?Application Fee/Examination Fee - Rs.200/- (Excepting Female/SC/ST/PH candidates). Fees exemption is made for Female/SC/ST/PH candidates
The fee can be paid in two modes i.e. Online mode and Offline mode of payment through bank.
(i) By Online Mode: Payment can be made using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/MasterCard/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
(ii) By Offline Mode: Candidates opting for “Pay-by-Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch after a day's gap and on bank working day.
How to Apply for UPSC CMS Exam?
- Candidates are required to apply in online mode only. No other mode is allowed for submission of application.
- The registration for UPSC Exam is done in Two stages. Candidates are asked to read through the Eligibility Criteria before applying.
- Part I Registration requires details as follows: Personal Details, Educational Qualification and Address.
- On completion of First Stage, Registration Account Details will be generated along with Registered ID (RID). RID is required for further communication with UPSC and candidates can take a printout of it for reference. Candidates can then process to Next stage of registration.
- Part II Registration has Four Stages: (i) Application Fee Payment, (ii) Selection of Examination Centre, (iii) Uploading of Photograph and Signature, and (iv) Agreeing to Declaration.
- Allotment of Centres will be based on first-cum first-allot basis, the allotment is seized once the capacity of the Centre is attained except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkata, and Nagpur.
- A candidate may apply for admission to the examination in respect of any one or more of the services/posts and will be required to indicate preferences for services/posts.
Admit Card related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
General related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Result related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
Counselling related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Score card related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
DV Schedule related Articles
Rank List related Articles
Exam Schedule related Articles
Rejected List related Articles
Exam Analysis related Articles
Question Paper related Articles
Eligibility List related Articles
- UPSC NDA 2 RESULT
- UPSC ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAM
- UPSC ENGINEERING SERVICES PRELIMS EXAM 2019 NOTIFICATION
- UPSC ENGINEERING SERVICES ADMIT CARD
- UPSC RESULT
- UPSC INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- UPSC CDS 1 RESULT
- UPSC ASSISTANT HYDROGEOLOGIST RESULT
- UPSC MEDICAL OFFICER RESULT
- UPSC GEO SCIENTIST AND GEOLOGIST INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- »DRDO CABS JRF Result 2019 Released @ drdo.gov.in15 hours ago
- BELTRON Project Executive Admit Card
- Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited Admit Card
- CISF constable tradesman Admit Card
- OPSC medical officer Admit Card
- BSEB deo Admit Card
- JPSC assistant professor Admit Card
- WBHRB Admit Card
- WBPSC Controller Admit Card
- NPCIL Assistant Admit Card
- National Board of Examinations MDS Admit Card
- CTET Answer key
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education clerk Answer key
- NPSC NCS, NPS, NSS and Allied Services Answer key
- GSSSB Higher Level Accounting Answer key
- OPSC assistant horticulture officer Answer key
- Supreme Court of India Answer key
- MPSC state services mains Answer key
- OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Answer key
- CG Vyapam Answer key
- GPSC Answer key
- UPPSC Block Education Officer Application Form
- Gujarat SET Application Form
- TSPSC junior assistant Application Form
- MAHATET Application Form
- Indian Navy mr Application Form
- OSSSC forest guard Application Form
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan tet Application Form
- OPSC civil services Application Form
- The Science Engineering Research Board jest Application Form
- MAHATET Application Form
- Gujarat High Court Assistant Important Dates
- GAUHATI HIGH COURT Grade I Important Dates
- KPTCL Important Dates
- Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences staff nurse grade 2 Important Dates
- Madras High Court Important Dates
- OPSC medical officer Important Dates
- SSC CHSL Important Dates
- OIL INDIA probationary officer grade b Important Dates
- WBPSC Controller Important Dates
- WBPSC assistant professor Important Dates
- DRDO Result
- BEL Management Industrial Trainees Result
- RPSC public relation officer Result
- Allahabad High Court Result
- National Health Mission Malkangiri Result
- DSSSB ldc Result
- RRB junior engineer Result
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences assistant registrar Result
- Allahabad High Court UPHJS Result
- ITBPF Constable Telecom Result
- RRB NTPC Sample Papers
- Rajasthan High Court group d Sample Papers
- CBSE class 10 social science Sample Papers
- TSCAB staff assistant previous paper Sample Papers
- UPSC Sample Papers
- Teachers Recruitment Board pg assistant and ped grade i Sample Papers
- Cochin Shipyard Limited Project assistant Sample Papers
- RBI grade b Sample Papers
- CBSE class 12 biology Sample Papers
- UPSC Sample Papers
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd Syllabus
- TNFUSRC forest guard Syllabus
- DRDO Syllabus
- Madras High Court District Judge Syllabus
- GPSC Syllabus
- WBPSC Audit and Accounts Syllabus
- APSC Syllabus
- UPSSSC computer operator Syllabus
- Board of Secondary School Odisha Syllabus
- East Central Railway Syllabus
- AMC Sahayak Garden Supervisor Interview schedule
- East Central Railway Chief Law Assistant Interview schedule
- DRDO Interview schedule
- APPSC Interview schedule
- UP Secondary Education Services Selection Board pgt Interview schedule
- UP Secondary Education Services Selection Board tgt Interview schedule
- UPSSSC Cane Supervisor Interview schedule
- OIL INDIA Interview schedule
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar Interview schedule
- WBPSC Interview schedule
- AIIMS Patna Multi-Purpose Health Worker Rank List
- Allahabad High Court judicial service Rank List
- KAU Skilled Assistant Rank List
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology Rank List
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology Project assistant Rank List
- Malabar Cancer Centre stipendiary trainee Rank List
- KAU assistant professor Rank List
- Kerala PSC hsst english junior Rank List
- Samagra Shiksha Telangana deo Exam Schedule
- DSSSB deo Exam Schedule
- Sikkim Human Resource Development Department tet Exam Schedule
- ICMAI Exam Schedule
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India Embassy Audit Exam Schedule
- TNPSC departmental Exam Schedule
- TNPSC group 1 Exam Schedule
- Defence Estates Department Government Of India Exam Schedule
- TNUSRB Exam Schedule
- TANGEDCO Exam Schedule