UPSC CMS COMBINED MEDICAL SERVICE EXAM 2018 recent information UPSC updated January 21, 2018
UPSC CMS Exam 2017. Important Dates, Eligibility, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, etc. UPSC CMS COMBINED MEDICAL SERVICE EXAM 2018 find all essential information and latest updates on UPSC CMS COMBINED MEDICAL SERVICE EXAM 2018 which are verified and updated here on January 21, 2018 all details on recent event of UPSC CMS COMBINED MEDICAL SERVICE EXAM 2018 is updated here up-to this minute and be the first person to discover UPSC CMS COMBINED MEDICAL SERVICE EXAM 2018 and make use of the ample official links provided in UPSC CMS COMBINED MEDICAL SERVICE EXAM page.
UPSC CMSUnion Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India's central recruiting firm responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India Services and Central Services. UPSC conducts competitive exams for recruitment of candidates in Major Services for Union and All India Services. Combined Medical Services (CMS) Exam is one of the topmost services exam conducted by UPSC. The vacancies in medical services across India are filled from UPSC CMS Exams.
UPSC CMS Exam - Admit CardUPSC CMS Exam is scheduled to be conducted on August 13, 2017. UPSC has released the e-Admit Card on July 24, 2017, and will be available for the candidates to download till the Exam date (August 13, 2017). For the Written Examination, the candidates will be issued an e-Admit Card, which serves as an entry proof to take the Entrance Exam. Candidates who don't hold the UPSC CMS Admit Card are strictly prohibited from taking the Exam.
Download your UPSC CMS Admit Card from the given link.
- The e-Admit Card (Online mode only) is released only for the eligible candidates and whose application is being processed by UPSC.
- Candidates are expected to carry the printout of the Admit Card and also a printout of important instructions (which must be read well in advance) to the Exam.
- To avoid last-minute accessing problems to the site, candidates are advised to download the Admit Card well in advance.
- Candidates can download their Admit Card using their Registration ID or Roll Number.
|Govt Jobs||Private Jobs||Free Mock Test||Current Affairs|
|Railway Jobs||Bank Jobs||GK||Result|
UPSC CMS Exam - Important datesCandidates who have applied for the UPSC CMS Exam should have a close follow-up of the events. The events calendar specifying the important dates to be notified by the candidate is given in the table below.
|Opening of Online Application||April 26, 2017|
|Offline Mode of Fees payment||May 18, 2017, till 11.59 P.M|
|Online Mode of Fees payment||May 19, 2017, till 6.00 P.M|
|Last Date for Closing/Editing Online Application||May 19, 2017 till 6.00 P.M|
|Admit Card Download||July 24, 2017, to August 13, 2017|
|Online Exam||August 13, 2017|
|Personality Test||As notified by UPSC|
|Declaration of Final Result||As notified by TSPSC|
UPSC CMS Exam PatternUPSC CMS Exam will be conducted in two phases/parts i.e.
- (i) Computer Based Examination (Papers I and II) - 500 marks
- (ii) Personality Test - 100 marks
|Exam Phase/Paper/Topics||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Computer based Examination||Paper I (120 questions)||General Ability||30||250|
|Paper II (120 questions)||Surgery||40||250|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40|
|Total Computer based exam Score||500|
- The written examination for Combined Medical Service for two objective papers will be conducted in Computer-based mode. A Demo module for Computer-based mode of this examination is made available by UPSC.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer and one-third of the marks assigned that question will be deducted as penalty.
- Giving more than one answer for a question is treated as wrong answer and penalty applies the same.
- No penalty for questions that are left blank.
UPSC CMS Exam SyllabusUPSC CMS Exam syllabus for Computer-based Exam (Part I) and Personality Test (Part II) is detailed in this section. Knowing the syllabus and pattern will help in better preparation. Check below for detailed syllabus on each paper and topic. Online Exam/Computer-based Exam will have two Papers i.e. Paper I and Paper II.
Paper IPaper I is the first division in Online Exam which in turn will have three divisions i.e. General Ability (30 questions), General Medicine (70 questions), and Paediatrics (20 questions). The maximum marks will be 250 and the time duration of the exam will be 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Indian Society, Heritage & Culture, Polity, Economy, Human Development Indices and the Development Programmes
- Natural Resources, their distribution, exploitation, conservation, and related issues
- Basic concepts of Ecology and Environment and their impact on health and economy
- Impact of changing demographic trends on health, environment, and society
- Indian Agriculture, Industry, Trade, Transportation and Service Sectors
- Natural and man made disasters and their management
- Food adulteration, Food processing, food distribution, food storage and their relevance to public health
- Recent trends in Science and Technology
- Respiratory diseases
- Metabolic disorders
- Infections/Communicable Diseases a) Virus b) Rickets c) Bacterial d) Spirochetal e) Protozoan f) Metazoan g) Fungus
- Diseases of the skin (Dermatology)
- Musculoskeletal System
Paper IIPaper II is the second division of Online Exam with time duration of 2 hours (120 minutes). The Overall score will be 250 and the total number of questions will be 120. Paper II also has three divisions i.e. Surgery (40 questions), Gynaecology & Obstetrics (40 questions), and Preventive & Social Medicine (40 questions). The syllabus for each topic is given below.
- General Surgery
- Blood vessels
- Head and neck
- Alimentary tract a) Oesophagus b) Stomach c) Intestines d) Anus e) Developmental
- Liver, Bile, Pancreas
- Abdominal wall
- Abdominal injuries
- Urological Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology E.N.T.
- Thoracic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- Ante-natal conditions
- Intra-natal conditions
- Post-natal conditions
- Management of normal labours or complicated labour
- Questions on applied anatomy
- Questions on applied physiology of menstruation and fertilization
- Questions on infections in genital tract
- Questions on neoplasma in the genital tract
- Questions on displacement of the uterus
- Family Planning
- Conventional contraceptives
- U.D. and oral pills
- Operative procedure, sterilization, and organization of programmes in the urban and rural surroundings
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy
Preventive Social and Community Medicine
- Social and Community Medicine
- Concept of Health, Disease and Preventive Medicine
- Health Administration and Planning
- General Epidemiology
- Demography and Health Statistics
- Communicable Diseases
- Environmental Health
- Nutrition and Health
- Non-communicable diseases
- Occupational Health
- Genetics and Health
- International Health
- Medical Sociology and Health Education
- Maternal and Child Health
- National Programmes
Candidates qualifying in the Online Exam will be shortlisted to appear for the Interview/Personality Test. The Interview will be for 100 marks. The test will focus on candidate's General Knowledge, intellectual curiosity, critical powers of assimilation, balance of judgment and alertness of mind, ability for social cohesion, integrity of character, initiative and capability for leadership.
The Final selection will be based on the score obtained in both Online Exam and Personal Interview.
UPSC CMS Exam - Vacancy DetailsThe Services/Posts to which recruitment is to be made and the approximate number of vacancies to be filled are given below.
|Name of the post||No. of vacancies||Services/posts identified for PH Categories|
|Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways||450||14|
|Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services||26||1|
|Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services||216||4|
|General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council||02||-|
|General Duty Medical Gr.-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, and South Delhi Municipal Corporation.||16||1|
UPSC CMS Exam - Salary Structure
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways - Rs. 15,600-39,100/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/- + NPA
- Assistant Medical Officer in the Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service under the Ministry of Defence - Rs. 15,600-39,100/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/- + NPA
- Junior Scale posts in the Central Health Service - Rs. 56,100 to Rs.1,77,500/- and NPA
- General Duty Medical Officer in the New Delhi Municipal Council - Rs. 56,100-1,77,500/- + restricted NPA
- General Duty Medical Officer Gr.II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, and South Delhi Municipal Corporation - Rs. 15600-39100 with Grade Pay of Rs. 5400/- plus NPA
UPSC CMS Exam - Eligibility
A candidate must be either a citizen of India, (OR) a subject of Nepal, (OR) a subject of Bhutan, (OR) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, (OR) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Candidate must not have attained the age of 32 years as on August 1, 2017 (i.e. not born earlier than August 2, 1985). Age relaxation from 3 to 10 years is given based on criteria specified by UPSC.
- Candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
- Candidate who has appeared or has yet to appear at the final M.B.B.S. Examination may also apply. Such candidates are to produce proof of passing the written and practical part of M.B.B.S Exam failing which admission is provisional and subject to cancellation.
Physical and Medical Standards
- Candidates should be physically and medically fit as per physical/medical standards of UPSC.
UPSC CMS Exam - Application FeesApplication Fee/Examination Fee - Rs.200/- (Excepting Female/SC/ST/PH candidates). Fees exemption is made for Female/SC/ST/PH candidates
The fee can be paid in two modes i.e. Online mode and Offline mode of payment through bank.
(i) By Online Mode: Payment can be made using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/MasterCard/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
(ii) By Offline Mode: Candidates opting for “Pay-by-Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch after a day's gap and on bank working day.
UPSC CMS Exam - How to Apply
- Candidates are required to apply in online mode only. No other mode is allowed for submission of application.
- The registration for UPSC Exam is done in Two stages. Candidates are asked to read through the Eligibility Criteria before applying.
- Part I Registration requires details as follows: Personal Details, Educational Qualification and Address.
- On completion of First Stage, Registration Account Details will be generated along with Registered ID (RID). RID is required for further communication with UPSC and candidates can take a printout of it for reference. Candidates can then process to Next stage of registration.
- Part II Registration has Four Stages: (i) Application Fee Payment, (ii) Selection of Examination Centre, (iii) Uploading of Photograph and Signature, and (iv) Agreeing to Declaration.
- Allotment of Centres will be based on first-cum first-allot basis, the allotment is seized once the capacity of the Centre is attained except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkata, and Nagpur.
- A candidate may apply for admission to the examination in respect of any one or more of the services/posts and will be required to indicate preferences for services/posts.
|Exam Name||Related Articles|
UPSC ADMIT CARD
UPSC ANSWER KEY
UPSC QUESTION PAPER
UPSC EXAM PATTERN
UPSC EXAM DATE
UPSC CUT OFF
IES ADMIT CARD
IES EXAM PATTERN
UPSC CDS APPLICATION FORM
Free Job Alert to your Email
- IB ACIO APPLICATION FORM
- JAM JOINT ADMISSSION TEST APPLICATION FORM
- JPROCE JHARKHAND POLICE RADIO OPERATOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORM
- SSC CHSL APPLICATION FORM
- DSSSB APPLICATION FORM
- JCPSICE JHARKHAND COMBINED POLICE SUB INSPECTOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORM
- BSNL APPLICATION FORM
- JEE MAIN FORMS
- UIIC APPLICATION FORM
- SSC SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT ONLINE FORM