TOEFL 2018 recent information updated January 19, 2018
TOEFL Exam 2017, Application Form, Fees, Exam Pattern, All Details. TOEFL 2018 find all essential information and latest updates on TOEFL 2018 which are verified and updated here on January 19, 2018 all details on recent event of TOEFL 2018 is updated here up-to this minute and be the first person to discover TOEFL 2018 and make use of the ample official links provided in TOEFL page.
Grab complete information on Test Of English as a Foreign Language shortly, TOEFL. Get all new updates on TOEFL, here. Know the TOEFL Registration process, Fee details, Test Dates, Test Center, Exam Pattern, Score, instantly from this page. Know the validity period of TOEFL Score as well as TOEFL score accepting institutions.
TOEFL - Overview:Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is an English language test for non-native English speakers who wish to study at universities in English-speaking countries. There are two major English-language tests in the world,
The TOEFL test is developed and administered by Educational Testing Service (ETS), which sets the TOEFL questions, conducts the TOEFL test, and sends the score report to each examinee.
Why TOEFL Test?TOEFL aims to test your understanding of North-American English. So TOEFL should be your first choice if you are applying to universities in US and Canada. For rest of the countries, especially the UK and Australia, IELTS is usually the more preferred language exam, but TOEFL is also accepted.
TOEFL Scores are required for:
- Students planning to study at a higher education institution
- Students and workers applying for visas
- English-language learning program admissions and exit
- Scholarship and certification candidates
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
|Govt Jobs||Private Jobs||Free Mock Test||Current Affairs|
|Railway Jobs||Bank Jobs||GK||Result|
More than 10,000 colleges, agencies and other institutions in over 130 countries accept TOEFL scores. Other organizations rely on TOEFL scores as well:
Who Accepts TOEFL Scores?
- Immigration departments use them to issue residential and work visas
- Medical and licensing agencies use them for professional certification purposes
- Individuals use them to measure their progress in learning English
TOEFL - Mode of Examination:There are two formats for the TOEFL test viz,
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-based Test)
- TOEFL PBT (Paper-based Test)
TOEFL Registration / Application Form:Candidates who wish to take the TOEFL exam, must register themselves. Registration for TOEFL Test can be done in any one of the following three methods i.e.
- By Phone and
- By Mail.
For TOEFL Online Registration:Candidates can register for TOEFL test 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Registration closes 7 days before your test date. Late registration closes 4 days before your test date and has a late fee of US$40.
Fill your TOEFL Registration form now.
TOEFL Registration by Phone:Candidates can register for TOEFL exam through phone. Registration closes 7 days before your test date. Late registration by phone closes at 5 p.m. local test center time on the business day before the test and has a late fee of US$40.
Select your location to find the phone number for your TOEFL Regional Registration Center (RRC).
Before making phone call for TOEFL Registration, Candidates are recommended to have the following information available:
- Address (include country)
- Date of birth
- Daytime telephone number (U.S. residents)
- Email address
- Test date
- Registration number (if you have one)
TOEFL Registration by Mail:
- Download and fill out a TOEFL Registration Form
- Find the contact information (email address) for your RRC and select the country where you plan to test. Use the mailing address listed in the Contact Information for the particular Country.
- Forms must be received at least 4 weeks before your test date.
- If you do not receive a confirmation, call the location where you mailed your paperwork - at least 3 business days before your registration deadline.
TOEFL Test Fees:
|Registration||Fees vary by country.|
|Reinstatement of canceled scores||US$20|
|Additional score reports (per institution or agency)||US$20 each|
|Speaking or Writing Section score review||US$80|
|Speaking and Writing Section score review||US$160|
Forms of Payment for TOEFL Test:Payments are accepted in the following forms:
- Credit/debit card - American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard or VISA
- Electronic check (e-check)
- PayPal account
- Paper check or money order - must be in U.S. dollars and made payable to ETS-TOEFL
- Western Union Quick Pay - for mail registration only.
The TOEFL test has over 50 test dates per year at authorized test centers around the world. Candidates can choose the Exam center and Test date as per their convenience.
TOEFL Test Dates and Exam Center:
Select the country/location where you plan to take the TOEFL test to see which format is offered, testing cities, dates and fees.
Procedure to retake the TOEFL test:Candidates can retake the test as many times as they wish, but they cannot take it more than once in a 12-day period. If you already have a test appointment, you cannot register for another test date that is within 12 days of your existing appointment.
TOEFL Score Validity Period:TOEFL score is valid for two years after the test date. If any candidate have taken the TOEFL test more than once in two years, Universities will usually accept the candidate’s latest score only.
TOEFL Exam Pattern:There are 4 sections namely Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing, which take a total of about Four and half hours to complete, including check-in.
|Reading||60 - 80 minutes||36 - 56 questions||Read 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and answer questions.|
|Listening||60 - 90 minutes||34 - 51 questions||Listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, then answer questions.|
|Speaking||20 minutes||6 tasks||Express an opinion on a familiar topic; speak based on reading and listening tasks.|
|Writing||50 minutes||2 tasks||Write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing.|
TOEFL Scores:A candidate must answer at least 1 question each in the Reading and Listening sections, write at least 1 essay, and complete at least 1 Speaking task to obtain an official TOEFL score. The Score range and mean score for each section as well as for overall score in TOEFL Exam is granted in the below table:
|Section||Score Range||Mean Scores|
|Reading||0 - 30||20|
|Listening||0 - 30||19|
|Speaking||0 - 30||19|
|Writing||0 - 30||20|
|Total Score||0 - 120||80|
Most of the universities require TOEFL score ranging from 80-100. TOEFL Scores will be available online within two weeks of the test date.
|Exam Name||Related Articles|
CAT COMMON ADMISSION TEST
MAT EXAM MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST
SNAP APPLICATION FORM
TANCA TAMIL NADU COMMON ADMISSIONS COUNSELLING
TAMILNADU MBBS RANK LIST
JAM JOINT ADMISSSION TEST APPLICATION FORM
UPCOMING BANK EXAMS
UP BOARD RESULT
NATIONAL PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT
PUNJAB BOARD PSEB 10TH 12TH
Free Job Alert to your Email
- JAM JOINT ADMISSSION TEST APPLICATION FORM
- JPROCE JHARKHAND POLICE RADIO OPERATOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORM
- SSC CHSL APPLICATION FORM
- DSSSB APPLICATION FORM
- JCPSICE JHARKHAND COMBINED POLICE SUB INSPECTOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORM
- IB ACIO APPLICATION FORM
- BSNL APPLICATION FORM
- JEE MAIN FORMS
- UIIC APPLICATION FORM
- SSC SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT ONLINE FORM