Know all about TANCA Counselling here. The article will give you all information you need to know about TANCA Counselling. All details regarding TANCA Counselling is furnished in this page. Follow the article and keep yourself updated and clarify your queries regarding Tamil Nadu Common Admission Counselling. We provide you with instant updates and precise data.
Tamil Nadu Common Admission (TANCA) for admission in M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan Degree programmes for the year 2017 is scheduled to happen from August 20, 2017 to August 23, 2017. The registration for TANCA counseling happened from July 24, 2017 to August 6, 2017. We have given all details related to TANCA Counselling in the sections below.
TANCA - Eligibility
Candidates who have passed all the subjects in the recognised Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent field with at least 50% (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in the qualifying degree examination as per AICTE norms are eligible.
The candidates should also have
- TANCET 2017 mark [OR]
- Qualified score in GATE 2015/2016/2017 (Appropriate discipline of Engineering) [OR]
- Qualified score in GATE 2015/2016/2017 - Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) and also TANCET 2017 mark.
Check the given link for the Eligibility details i.e. Educational Qualification needed for various M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. degree programmes - Eligible Educational Qualification for TANCA 2017
TANCA - Counselling Schedule
The Counselling Schedule for TANCA 2017 is given in the table below for the reference of the candidate.
||GATE Score (Up to)
|August 20, 2017
||All eligible differently abled persons with valid GATE score
||All eligible gate candidates with valid GATE score
||TANCET Mark (Up to)
||Differently abled persons (Locomotor disability)
||Differently abled persons (Deaf and hard hearing)
||Differently abled persons (Blindness and low vision)
|August 21, 2017
|August 22, 2017
|August 23, 2017
||SCA TO SC Counselling Registration
||SCA TO SC Counselling
TANCA - Merit List Preparation
The merit list for Tamil Nadu Common Admission is prepared based on three categories i.e. (i) GATE, (ii) TANCET, and (iii) Sponsored Category.
Merit List Prepared based on
- GATE 2015/2016/2017 Score in appropriate discipline in Engineering/Technology
- GATE 2015/2016/2017 Score in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers and TANCET 2017 MARK with a weightage of 70:30
A Common Merit list is then prepared for GATE (Engineering/Technology) and GATE (Engineering Sciences (XE)/Life Sciences (XL) category.
- Merit list prepared based on marks obtained in TANCET 2017.
- The merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in TANCET 2017.
When more than one candidate having the same score, the candidate with higher average percentage in the qualifying degree will be placed in higher rank in the merit list.
TANCA - Seat allotment (Category based)
In the counseling process of TANCA, the allotment of seats is based on the Rule of reservation given by Govt. of Tamil Nadu. Check in the table below the percentage of allotment based on category.
|Open Competition (OC)
|Backward Class (BC)
|Backward Class - Muslim (BCM)
|Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities (MBC and DNC)
|Scheduled Caste (SC)
|Scheduled Caste - Arunthathiyars (SCA)
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Candidates seeking admission under ST/SC/SCA/MBC and DNC/BC/BCM should upload the relevant document [Permanent Community Certificate (PCC) or Electronic Form (EF)/digitally signed e-Certificate] along with the Online application.
- Candidate not uploading PCC or EF/digitally signed e-Certificate at the time of registration will be considered in the Open Category.
TANCA Counselling Process
- When the number of candidates is greater than the number of seats available, such candidates are called for counseling.
- Candidates are asked to check Anna University - TANCA web portal fo the availability of seats.
- Only those candidates with the prescribed eligibility will be allowed to attend the counseling. Call letter will be uploaded for the eligible candidates. Candidates can download the Call letter by entering their TANCA Application No., Name, and Date of Birth.
- Eligible candidates should appear for the counseling according to the time prescribed for their cut-off mark. Candidates are asked to report two hours before the counseling session.
- Irrespective of receiving individual communication, eligible candidates are expected to appear for counseling.
- GATE category candidates must appear for counseling with their GATE 2015/2016/2017 Score card. Any unfilled seats in GATE category will be transfigured to TANCET category of the respective communities.
- Strictly only one allotment is made for a candidate and once the college/branch is allotted no changes will be entertained.
Documents to be Carried for TANCA Counselling
The verification of necessary Original documents will be made before the Allotment is made. If the information/documents provided during the Online registration has discrepancies during verification of Original certificates, the application will be summarily rejected and suitable actions will be taken. In case the candidate’s certificates are deposited where he/she is already admitted, a letter from Head of the department should be produced and attested photocopies are accepted. But then, the admission will be withheld till the verification of original documents is done.
The original documents/certificates to be carried are:
- 10th Mark Sheet
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Qualifying Degree Certificates/Provisional Certificate/Consolidated Mark Sheet/Last Available Semester Mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate from Institute last attended (if applicable)
- Community Certificate in card format or electronic form (candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu)
- Certificate of Disability (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- Experience Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of identification certificate obtained from the Head Quarters Tahsildar or Visa, Passport and letter registered in Police Station (For Sri Lankan Refugee candidates)
- Valid GATE 2015/2016/2017 Score Card for GATE Category candidates
- TANCET Hall Ticket 2017 for TANCET Category candidates
Unable to Attend the TANCA Counselling on the specified date and time?
If a candidate is not able to attend the Counselling session on the prescribed date and time due to unavoidable reasons can follow any two of the alternatives given below
- He/She can authorize his/her parent on his/her behalf to attend with an authorization letter given by the candidate being submitted by the candidate’s parents. Parent’s decision will be binding on the candidate.
- He/She can attend the counselling at a subsequent time/date of the counseling period and can only opt for seats available at that time. He/She cannot claim for seat based on rank.
Fees to be paid at TANCA Counselling
- At the time of counselling, the candidates have to pay Rs.5,300/- (Rs.1,150/- for SC / SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) in the form of a Demand Draft or Cash.
- The fee also includes a non-refundable fee of Rs.300/- towards counselling fee (Rs.150/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu).
- The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “The Secretary, TANCA, Anna University” payable at Chennai.
Institutions under TANCA Counselling
Tamil Nadu Government has nominated Anna University, Chennai-25 for conducting Tamil Nadu Common Admission through Single Window Counselling for M.E/M.Tech./M.Arch/M.Plan degrees offered at
- University Departments/Regional Campuses of Anna University/University Colleges
- Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges
- Self-financing Engineering Colleges (for the seats surrendered by them for the single window counselling)
Mode of study
The degree programmes offered will be of two category i.e. (i) Full-time PG programme and (ii) Part-time programme.
- Full time programme - 2 years (4 semesters)
- Part time programme - 3 years (6 semesters)
Part-Time candidates will not be permitted to convert to Full-Time Mode during the course of study
TANCA Counselling - Other Information
- All admissions made through Single Window System are provisional. Authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any application without assigning any reason.
- For information on courses offered, district wise list of Engineering colleges, courses offered in different colleges and the college codes, etc., check the given link - Information on Colleges.
- If a candidate does not join after allotment and seeks refund, only 80% of the initial amount paid at the time of counselling will be refunded.
- Candidates other than GATE (Engineering/Technology) category must have appeared for TANCET 2017. Candidates must have eligible qualification for admission.