Take your Free Mock Test
SSC CHSL Syllabus for Computer Based Written Exam (Tier-I)
Here the SSC CHSL Syllabus for Computer Based Written Exam for Tier I is prescribed. To know SSC CHSL Exam Pattern check out our Fresherslive page instantly.
SSC CHSL Syllabus for the English Language:
Following Topics are under English Language SSC CHSL Syllabus
- Spot the Error,
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms
- Spellings/ Detecting Mis -spelt words,
- Idioms & Phrases, One-word substitution,
- Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs,
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
SSC CHSL Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
Following topics are the Quantitative Aptitude Topics
- Arithmetic: Number Systems: Computation of the Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between number fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc.,
- Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart
SSC CHSL Syllabus for General Awareness
- General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment.
- Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
SSC CHSL Syllabus for General Intelligence
Following topics are important General Intelligence syllabus are
- Both verbal and non-verbal type questions. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Trends,
- Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series,
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and decoding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
SSC CHSL Syllabus for Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
SSC CHSL Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper Mode The duration of the paper would be for one hour (20minutes extra will be provided for candidates with VH/OH afflicted by Cerebral Palsy, OH with a deformity in writing hand). This paper has been introduced to assess your writing skills. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200 -250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words.The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit. The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. A part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
SSC CHSL Syllabus for Tier-III Exam
SSC CHSL for Tier III Exam will be skill Test or Typing Test.The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II.
Skill test for Data Entry Operator:
- The Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The ‘Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/key depressions as per the given passage.The Duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions would be given to you to enter in the Computer.VH/OH (afflicted by Cerebral Palsy) and OH with a deformity in writing hand (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 35 minutes including compensatory time 20 minutes for the skill test.
- The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test would be of qualifying nature.
- On securing at least the minimum qualifying marks in the Computer based written examination (Tier-I) and Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, you will be called for skill test. The Commission may also at its discretion, fix qualifying marks in each component of the written examination.
Rank List related Articles
DV Schedule related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Score card related Articles
Result related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Admit Card related Articles
Exam related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
General related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
Counselling related Articles
SSC Online 2019
- »MPSC AE Result 2019. Download the result here14 hours ago
- OSSC ODIA TRANSLATOR ADMIT CARD
- ASSAM PSC ASSISTANT PROFESSOR ADMIT CARD
- ECIL JUNIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER ADMIT CARD
- OSSC AUDITOR ADMIT CARD
- TSCAB STAFF ASSISTANT ADMIT CARD
- NHM MP ADMIT CARD
- GSSSB CLERK AND OFFICE ASSISTANT ADMIT CARD
- DSSSB ADMIT CARD
- ISRO SCIENTIST ENGINEER ADMIT CARD
- SBI APPRENTICE ADMIT CARD
- TEZPUR UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- BPSC 30TH JUDICIAL SERVICES INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AAU INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- MAZAGON DOCK INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AIIMS BHOPAL INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- WBPSC PROBATION CUM AFTER CARE OFFICER INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- JHARKHAND HIGH COURT INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- UPSC CMS INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- IOCL INTERVIEW SHORTLIST 2019
- MAHAGENCO INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- TSCAB STAFF ASSISTANT PREVIOUS PAPER
- UPSC MAINS PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- TN TRB PG ASSISTANT AND PED GRADE I QUESTION PAPER
- COCHIN SHIPYARD PROJECT ASSISTANTS PREVIOUS PAPERS
- RBI GRADE B PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE CLASS 12 BIOLOGY SAMPLE PAPER
- UPSC QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE UGC NET QUESTION PAPERS
- IBPS PO QUESTION PAPER
- IBPS CLERK QUESTION PAPER