RBI Syllabus 2018
RBI GRADE B SYLLABUS 2018 latest important updates with clear and detailed information are provided here, Candidates can check all essential details of RBI GRADE B SYLLABUS 2018 instantly here and Through this RBI GRADE B SYLLABUS schedule, candidates can make the strategy for the Preparation of exam. Direct Official Link for each recent Updates on RBI GRADE B SYLLABUS is Provided in this Page. Find recent news of RBI GRADE B SYLLABUS 2018 verified on September 26, 2018.
Last modified:2018-09-11 09:05:29
We give you all about RBI Grade B Syllabus here. Find details of RBI Grade B Syllabus for each post here. We give you RBI Grade B Syllabus separately for each post i.e. General, DEPR, and DSIM; so that you can check on exactly what you need to know rather than checking through the entire syllabus on every other post. For precise and updated information on RBI Grade B Syllabus, follow the article.
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018 Overview:RBI has given separate set of syllabus and pattern for each of its Grade B Officer posts. The posts of DEPR and DSIM looks for candidates specialised in Economics and Statistics, respectively. RBI Grade B General Officer post doesn't require any specific qualification, thus each post will have different pattern of recruitment and also different syllabus. RBI releases the syllabus along with the official notification. Syllabus for each post is given under separate headings below and the article will help you check clearly on the syllabus for each post.
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018 for General Officer:The RBI Grade B - General Officer post will have three phases of selection. The Phase I will be of Objective type and Online mode. It is the basic screening test for short listing candidates. Candidates shortlisted in Phase I will have to take up Phase II. Phase II specifically checks for necessary skill set required for the post. The final phase will be Interview carrying 50 marks. Only candidates clearing phase II will be shortlisted for Interview. Phase I and II will have separate syllabus which is given in the following topics.
|Phase-I (Online)||General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning||120 minutes||200|
|Phase II (Online/Written)||Economic and Social Issues||90 minutes||100|
|English (Writing Skills)||90 minutes||100|
|Finance and Management||90 minutes||100|
RBI Related Pages updated on 26 Sep 2018
|Exam Name||Related Articles|
RBI GRADE B
RBI ASSISTANT SYLLABUS
RBI ASSISTANT ADMIT CARD
RBI ASSISTANT EXAM PATTERN
RBI ASSISTANT CUT OFF
RBI ASSISTANT EXAM DATE
RBI ASSISTANT RESULT
RBI GRADE B ADMIT CARD
RBI GRADE B EXAM PATTERN
RBI GRADE B RESULT
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018 for General Officer Phase I:
- Banking & Financial Awareness - Banking terms, Current rates (Bank rate, repo rate, reverse repo rate), RBI, Fiscal-Monetory Policies, Social Functions of Bank
- Economic News - Indian and International Economy, Finance, shares, various schemes of Government
- Monetary policies, Important guidelines, Financial & Economics News, Economics terms, etc
- National and International News, Sports News, Awards, Summits and Conferences, Schemes, Agreement and Deals, etc
- Parks, Dam, Thermal Power Plants, Mountains, Temples, Stadiums, Airports, etc
- Reading Comprehension (Based on Economy)
- Cloze Test
- Phrase Replacement/Error Spotting
- Para Completion
- Para Jumbles
- Double blanks in a sentence
- Fill in the blanks
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Simplification and Quadratic Equations
- Miscellaneous Questions - HCF and LCM, Profit and Loss, SI &CI, Time, Work & Distance, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Problems on boats-streams and trains
- Seating Arrangement
- Data Sufficiency
- Coding Decoding
- Linear Arrangement
- Logical/Analytical Reasoning
- Miscellaneous Questions
|Govt Jobs||Private Jobs||Free Mock Test||Current Affairs|
|Railway Jobs||Bank Jobs||GK||Result|
Aspiring to study in Australia? Talk to experienced counselors and get your doubts cleared for FREE!!! Apply
Get Assured Job in Your Hometown, Opportunity to earn 1.80 - 2.20 Lakhs salary after training. Register Now !!!
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018 for General Officer Phase II:Phase II of the RBI Grade B Exam has three Papers i.e. Paper I, Paper II, and Paper III. The syllabus for Phase II focuses on testing the banking knowledge and awareness of the candidates. Find below the detailed Syllabus for Paper I, II and III.
Syllabus - Paper I - Economic and Social Issues
- Growth and Development - Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income
- Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India
- Sustainable Development and Environmental issues. Economic Reforms in India
- Industrial and Labour Policy - Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Privatization; Role of Economic Planning
- Globalization; Opening up of the Indian Economy
- Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy
- International Economic Institutions; IMF and World Bank; WTO; Regional Economic Co-operation
- Social Structure in India; Multiculturalism; Demographic Trends
- Urbanization and Migration; Gender Issues
- Social Justice: Positive Discrimination in favor of the under privileged
- Social Movements; Indian Political System; Human Development
- Social Sectors in India
- Health and Education
Syllabus - Paper II - English (Writing Skills)The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic.
Syllabus - Paper III - Finance and ManagementFINANCE
- Financial System: (i) Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions (ii) Reserve Bank of India- functions and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
- Financial Markets: Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity,etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments.
- General Topics
- Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap
- Changing Landscape of Banking sector
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, PublicPrivate Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector.
- The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM),
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI - components and trends.
- Management: its nature and scope; The Management Processes; Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling; The Role of a Manager in an Organisation
- Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader
- Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal - Potential appraisal and development - Feedback and Performance Counselling - Career Planning - Training and Development - Rewards - Employee Welfare
- Motivation, Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology
- Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance
RBI Grade B General Officer Phase III (Interview):Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview, based on aggregate of marks obtained in Phase-II (Paper-I +Paper-II +Paper-III). The minimum aggregate cut off marks for being shortlisted for Interview will be decided by the Board in relation to the number of vacancies. Roll No. of the candidates shortlisted for interview will be published on RBI website at appropriate time and interview call letters will be sent on registered email ID. Interview will be of 50 marks. Candidate may opt for interview either in Hindi or English. Final Selection will be through merit list which will be prepared by adding marks secured by candidates in Phase-II examination and interview.
RBI Grade B DEPR and DSIM Exam 2018 Overview:
|RBI Grade B - DEPR||RBI Grade B - DSIM||Type of Exam||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-I (Economics)||Paper-I (Statistics)||Objective Type (200 questions)||120 minutes||100|
|Paper-II (Economics)||Paper-II (Statistics)||Descriptive Type (Question paper displayed on computer, answers to be written on paper)||180 minutes||100|
|Paper-III English||Paper-III English||Descriptive Type (To be typed with help of keyboard)||90 minutes||100|
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018 for DEPR:RBI follows a different pattern of recruitment process for RBI Grade B Officer - Department of Economics and Policy Research (DEPR). There will be three papers i.e. Paper I, II, and III, for assessing the potential candidate and the Final round will be Personal Interview. The Syllabus is framed in such a way to choose the candidate with required skill set. Syllabus for each paper is detailed below. Candidates getting shortlisted in Paper I will be shortlisted to take up Paper II and III. The Paper II and Paper III examination will be in shifts. Candidates are required to appear for all shifts. Separate Admission Letters will be issued for each shift. The time-table for Paper II and Paper III will be intimated to the candidates concerned along with Admission Letter for Paper II and Paper III.
- Economics: Standard of papers on Economics would be that of Master's Degree examination in Economics of any Central University in India.
- English: Essay, Précis writing, Comprehension and Business/Office Correspondence.
- Paper-I will be Objective type on Economics conducted online and comprise multiple choice questions.
- Paper-II (Economics) will be a descriptive type pen/paper based examination where the questions will be displayed on computer screen.
- Paper-III (English) will be of descriptive type where the candidates will be expected to type out answers on a computer.
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2018 for DSIM:RBI follows a different pattern of recruitment process for RBI Grade B Officer - Department of Statistics and Information Management (DSIM). There will be three papers i.e. Paper I, II, and III, for assessing the potential candidate and the Final round will be Personal Interview. The Syllabus is framed in such a way to choose the candidate with required skill set. Syllabus for each paper is detailed below. Candidates getting shortlisted in Paper I will be shortlisted to take up Paper II and III. The Paper II and Paper III examination will be in shifts. Candidates are required to appear for all shifts. Separate Admission Letters will be issued for each shift. The time-table for Paper II and Paper III will be intimated to the candidates concerned along with Admission Letter for Paper II and Paper III.
Standard of papers would be that of Master's Degree examination of any Central University in India.
Paper-I: Questions would cover Probability: Definition of Probability, Standard distribution, Large and small sample theory, Analysis of Variance, Estimation, Testing of Hypotheses, Multivariate analysis and Stochastic Processes.
Paper-II: Questions would cover (i) Probability and Sampling, (ii) Linear Models and Economic Statistics, (iii) Statistical Inference: Estimation, Testing of hypothesis and Non-parametric Test, (iv) Stochastic Processes, (v) Multivariate analysis and (vi) Numerical Analysis and Basic Computer Techniques. There will be sufficient choice for candidates to attempt the required number of questions from any three or more of the above six groups.
Paper-III: English: Essay, Précis writing, Comprehension and Business/Office Correspondence.
- Paper-I will be Objective type on Statistics conducted online and comprise multiple choice questions.
- Paper-II (Statistics) will be a descriptive type pen/paper based examination where the questions will be displayed on computer screen.
- Paper-III (English) will be of descriptive type where the candidates will be expected to type out answers on a computer.
Free Job Alert to your Email