RBI ASSISTANT SYLLABUS 2017 recent information RBI updated November 19, 2017
RBI Assistant Syllabus 2017 for Prelims and Mains, Latest Updates on Language Proficiency Test. RBI ASSISTANT SYLLABUS 2017 find all essential information and latest updates on RBI ASSISTANT SYLLABUS 2017 which are verified and updated here on November 19, 2017 all details on recent event of RBI ASSISTANT SYLLABUS 2017 is updated here up-to this minute and be the first person to discover RBI ASSISTANT SYLLABUS 2017 and make use of the ample official links provided in RBI ASSISTANT SYLLABUS page.
Check your latest RBI Assistant Syllabus here. RBI Assistant Syllabus for each section is detailed in the article. Knowing your RBI Assistant Syllabus in detail will help in better preparation and focus on areas where more practice is needed and to improve speed and accuracy. Follow the article for all updates regarding RBI Assistant Syllabus.
RBI Assistant SyllabusThe first stage of RBI Assistant Online Exam is Preliminary Exam. Candidates should secure minimum qualifying score both sectional and overall to be considered qualified and to be shortlisted in Preliminary Exam. Candidates qualifying Prelims will take up Main Examination. As negative marking, 1/4th mark will be deduced for each wrong answer.
|Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Max. Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||1 hour|
RBI Assistant Syllabus - PrelimsRBI Assistant Preliminary Exam is the first phase of Online Exam. It has three sections i.e. English, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning Ability. Syllabus for each section is detailed below.
RBI Assistant Syllabus - Prelims - English
- Reading Comprehension - 7 to 10 questions
- Error Spotting/Phrase replacement - 5 to 10 questions
- Cloze test - 5 to 7 questions
- Para Jumbles - Around 5 questions
- Vocabulary - Around 5 questions
RBI Assistant Syllabus - Prelims - Numerical Ability
- Simplification - 5 to 10 questions
- Data Interpretation - 5 to 10 questions
- Quadratic Equations - 0 to 5 questions
- Number Series - 3 to 5 questions
- Average, Interest, Mensuration, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Algebra, Profit and Loss, Time, Speed and Distance - Each topic will cover around 0 to 3 questions
RBI Assistant Syllabus - Prelims - Reasoning Ability
- Coding Decoding - 4 to 8
- Seating Arrangement - 5 to 8
- Arrangement and Pattern - 4 to 6
- Coded Inequalities - 5
- Syllogism - 3 to 5
- Data Sufficiency - 3 to 5
- Blood Relations - Around 3
- Order and Ranking - 0 to 5
Mains Exam - PatternRBI Assistant Main Exam is the second level of screening process for candidates who cleared Prelims. It has five sections i.e., Reasoning, English Language, Numerical Ability, General Awareness, and Computer Knowledge with an overall score of 200. The time duration for the Exam is 2 hours. There will be negative marking of 1/4th of the mark for each wrong answer marked by the candidate.
|Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Max. Marks||Duration|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
Each candidate should secure a minimum score in each section of Online Main examination to be considered shortlisted. Except Test of English Language, the online test will be in bilingual i.e. English and Hindi.
Only candidates getting shortlisted in Main Exam will be called for Language Proficiency Test (LPT). The Roll Number of candidates clearing the Main Exam will be published by RBI and an official notification is released regarding LPT.
RBI Assistant Syllabus - Mains - Reasoning
- Coded Inequalities/Mathematical Inequalities
- Coding and Decoding
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations
- Directions and Distances
- Ordering and Ranking
- Arrangement and Pattern
- Double Lineup
- Statement - Conclusions/Arguments
RBI Assistant Syllabus - Mains - English Language
- Reading comprehension
- Cloze test
- Phrase substitution
- Paragraph complete/Sentence correction
- Para jumbles
- Commonly misspelled words
- Double blanks in a sentence
- Synonyms and antonyms
RBI Assistant Syllabus - Mains - Numerical Ability
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance problems
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Time and Speed
- Missing numbers, Fractions, and Ratios
- HCF and LCM
- Problem on Ages
- Data Interpretation
RBI Assistant Syllabus - Mains - General Awareness
- Banking & Financial Awareness - Banking terms, Current rates (Bank rate, repo rate, reverse repo rate), RBI, Fiscal-Monetory Policies, Social Functions of Bank
- Economic News - Indian and International Economy, Finance, shares, various schemes of Government
- Monetary policies, Important guidelines, Financial & Economics News, Economics terms, etc
- National and International News, Sports News, Awards, Summits and Conferences, Schemes, Agreement and Deals, etc
- Parks, Dam, Thermal Power Plants, Mountains, Temples, Stadiums, Airports, etc
RBI Assistant Syllabus - Mains - Computer Knowledge
- Generations of computer
- Basic computer fundamentals
- Software and Hardware and their functionalities
- Modern day technology
- Computer Abbreviations
- Internet, LAN, WAN
- Security Tools, Virus, Hacker
- MS Word, MS Excel, etc.
Biometric Data (Capturing and Verification)RBI has decided to capture the Biometric Data and photograph of candidates on the day of the Main Exam for candidates who got shortlisted in Preliminary Exam and appearing for the Main Exam. It is done only for candidates who are taking up the Main Exam. The decision by the Biometric Data verification authority shall be final and binding with regard to the status (matched or mismatched/unmatched). Any mismatch with biometric data then candidature is plainly rejected. Candidates should be careful in doing the biometric data verification and are asked to strictly follow the instructions.
Language Proficiency TestRBI has dispensed the Final Interview process in line with the instructions issued by Government of India (The instruction states that Interview at junior level post is to be discontinued) and decided to have Language Proficiency Test for the candidates who are getting selected. Since the candidates selected are likely to be placed in the public interface counters, knowledge/proficiency in local language is considered mandatory. Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Understanding skills of the candidate on the local language will be tested. The Final selection of candidates will be made based on the marks obtained in Main Exam, Performance in LPT, Reservation requirements, Medical fitness, and Submission of all necessary acceptable documentary evidence.
Cut Off ScoreRBI releases the Cut Off Score after few days of publication of results. RBI release the Cut Off score as Section wise Cut Off and Centre wise Cut Off based on Category (GENERAL,GEN-EXS, OBC,OBC-EXS, SC,ST,SC-EXS,ST-EXS, ALL PWD). To check the Cut Off score, follow RBI Assistant Cut Off. RBI Assistant Exam Dates are released along with the official notification in the month of October.
For instant updates on RBI Assistant exam, follow our page. Good luck on your endeavors.
|Exam Name||Related Articles|
RBI GRADE B
RBI ASSISTANT ADMIT CARD
RBI ASSISTANT EXAM PATTERN
RBI ASSISTANT CUT OFF
RBI ASSISTANT EXAM DATE
RBI ASSISTANT RESULT
RBI GRADE B SYLLABUS
RBI GRADE B ADMIT CARD
RBI GRADE B EXAM PATTERN
RBI GRADE B RESULT
Free Job Alert to your Email