Reserve Bank of india (RBI) has recently invited online Application form to fill 623 vacancies for the post of "Assistant" across India. All eligible candidates can apply through the official link provided below:
Check official Notification on RBI Assistant Recruitment 2017-2018
Fill your RBI Assistant Application Form
Take your Free Mock Test
RBI releases notification for RBI Assistant posts in the month of October. RBI Assistant exams are conducted in the year-end, nationally. RBI Assistant post has two phase of Online Examination i.e. Prelims and Mains followed by Language Proficiency Test. Exams are expected to be in the month of December-January. RBI has altered the Final Interview process in line with the instructions issued by Government of India and instead decided to go with Language Proficiency Test. Candidates will be checked on their proficiency in their Regional Language. Candidates applying for post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
RBI Assistant - NotificationRBI released official notification for recruitment in the post of Assistant on october 2017. Upon release of official notification on RBI Assistant Exam Date, check for updates on the tentative dates given below.
|RBI Assistant||Opening of Online Application||30th January 2018|
|Last Date for Closing/Editing Online Application||19th February 2018|
|Last Date for Payment of Fees||19th February 2018|
|Preliminary Exam||April 06, 2018|
|Main Exam||May 07, 2018|
|Declaration of Final Result||June 7, 2018|
RBI reserves all rights to change the date of examination. The Final selection of candidates will be made based on the marks obtained in Main Exam, Performance in LPT, Reservation requirements, Medical fitness, and Submission of all necessary acceptable documentary evidence.
RBI Assistant - Eligibility and Vacancy DetailsAge:
Between 20 and 28 years. Candidates must have been born not earlier than 08/11/1989 and not later than 07/11/1997 (both days including) are only eligible to apply.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
- A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
- Candidates applying for post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
Vacancy Details:RBI releases the number of vacancies to be filled along with the official notification. The vacancy for each year differs depending upon the backlogs, raising employment needs, or due to expansion of banking services. RBI Assistant vacancies come around 600 to 650 approximately and are decided by RBI.
RBI Assistant - Salary Structure and Other Allowances
- The starting basic pay of a Selected Candidate will be â‚¹ 14,650/- per month (i.e. â‚¹ 13,150 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates only)
- Other allowances viz. Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc. as admissible from time to time.
- Initial monthly Gross emoluments for Assistants is approximately â‚¹ 32,124/-
- RBI’s accommodation subject to availability, reimbursement of expenses of maintenance of vehicle for official purpose, Newspaper , Brief case , Book Grant, Allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility.
- Dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses of OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility
- Interest free Festival Advance, Leave Fare Concession (Once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents).
- Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc. The recruits will be governed by the Defined Contribution New Pension Scheme, in addition to the benefit of Gratuity.
RBI Assistant - Application Fees and Intimation Charges
Application Fees for the RBI Assistant Exam is given below:
- General/OBC: Rs.450/- (Examination Fees and Intimation Charges)
- SC/ST/PWD/EXS: Rs.50/- (Intimation Charges Only)
- Staff Candidates: Nil (Examination Fee/Intimation charges are exempted for staff candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria)
RBI Assistant - How to ApplyRBI releases the Application for RBI Assistant posts along with the Notification details. Candidates can apply in Online mode only. Candidates willing to take up the Examination are requested to read through the eligibility details, guidelines, and to have the necessary documents before proceeding with filling the Application Form. Candidates should have the following before proceeding with registration:
- Scanned copy of their Photograph and Signature as per guidelines of RBI
- Valid e-mail ID which is active
- All necessary documents and details for filling the form and for online payment
- To register application, choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details, and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- Candidates are advised to use "SAVE AND NEXT," in case candidate is unable to complete the application in one go.
- The name of the candidate or his/her Father/Husband etc. should be spelled correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/identity proof/Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
- On completion of filling up all the necessary field, Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications.
- Candidates can use Preview Tab and verify the entire application before Final Submission.
- Modifications or Changes can be made in the Application Form only before FINAL Submit. Candidates on FINAL Submission are directed to 'Payment' tab.
- Click on 'Payment' Tab and proceed for payment.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated. Non-generation of 'E-Receipt' indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- There is facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
Admit CardRBI releases Admit Card for each stage of Online Examination for candidates eligible to take up the Exam and is expected to be released two weeks prior to the Exams. Candidates will be given intimation via email/SMS for downloading Admit Card once it is released by RBI. Candidates can download the Admit Card using
- Registration Number/Roll Number
- Password/Date of Birth
For download and other details, follow RBI Assistant Admit Card.
Exam PatternRBI Assistant Exam Pattern follows the similar exam pattern like other banking exams for the RBI Assistant post. The pattern has Online Examination i.e. Prelims and Mains followed by Language Proficiency Test. RBI has dispensed the Interview process and instead go with Language Proficiency Test as the selected candidates are likely to be posted at public interface counters thus knowledge/proficiency in local language is taken essential.
Preliminary ExamThe first stage of RBI Assistant Online Exam is Preliminary Exam. Candidates should qualify in each of the objective tests of the Online examinations. A candidate should qualify in Prelims to take up Main Examination. As negative marking, 1/4th mark will be deduced for each wrong answer.
|Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Max. Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||1 hour|
Mains ExamRBI Assistant Main Exam is the second level of screening process for candidates who cleared Prelims. It has five sections i.e., Reasoning, English Language, Numerical Ability, General Awareness, and Computer Knowledge with an overall score of 200. The time duration for the Exam is 2 hours. There will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer marked by the candidate.
|Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Max. Marks||Duration|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
Each candidate should secure a minimum score in each section of Online Main examination to be considered shortlisted. Except Test of English Language, the online test will be in bilingual i.e. English and Hindi.
Only candidates getting shortlisted in Main Exam will be called for Language Proficiency Test (LPT). The Roll Number of candidates clearing the Main Exam will be published by RBI and an official notification is released regarding LPT. Check RBI Assistant Syllabus for detailed exam syllabus.
Biometric Data (Capturing and Verification)RBI has decided to capture the Biometric Data and photograph of candidates on the day of the Main Exam for candidates who got shortlisted in Preliminary Exam and appearing for the Main Exam. It is done only for candidates who are taking up the Main Exam. The decision by the Biometric Data verification authority shall be final and binding with regard to the status (matched or mismatched/unmatched). Any mismatch with biometric data then candidature is plainly rejected. Candidates should be careful in doing the biometric data verification and are asked to strictly follow the instructions.
Language Proficiency TestRBI has dispensed the Final Interview process in line with the instructions issued by Government of India (The instruction states that Interview at junior level post is to be discontinued) and decided to have Language Proficiency Test for the candidates who are getting selected. Since the candidates selected are likely to be placed in the public interface counters, knowledge/proficiency in local language is considered mandatory. Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Understanding skills of the candidate on the local language will be tested. The Final selection of candidates will be made based on the marks obtained in Main Exam, Performance in LPT, Reservation requirements, Medical fitness, and Submission of all necessary acceptable documentary evidence.
For instant updates on RBI Assistant exam, follow our page. Good luck on your endeavors...!!!
Admit Card related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
General related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Result related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
Counselling related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Score card related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
DV Schedule related Articles
Rank List related Articles
Exam Schedule related Articles
Rejected List related Articles
Exam Analysis related Articles
Question Paper related Articles
Eligibility List related Articles
- PSPCL Admit Card
- DSSSB deo Admit Card
- OPSC Admit Card
- OPSC Civil Service Exam Personality Test Admit Card
- OSSC Junior moto vehicle inspector Admit Card
- Bihar CSBC Home Guard Constable Admit Card
- IBPS specialist officer Admit Card
- Sikkim Human Resource Development Department tet Admit Card
- APSC assistant engineer Admit Card
- NPCIL Grade I Admit Card
- CTET Answer key
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education clerk Answer key
- NPSC NCS, NPS, NSS and Allied Services Answer key
- GSSSB Higher Level Accounting Answer key
- OPSC assistant horticulture officer Answer key
- Supreme Court of India Answer key
- MPSC state services mains Answer key
- OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Answer key
- CG Vyapam Answer key
- GPSC Answer key
- UPPSC Block Education Officer Application Form
- Gujarat SET Application Form
- TSPSC junior assistant Application Form
- MAHATET Application Form
- Indian Navy mr Application Form
- OSSSC forest guard Application Form
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan tet Application Form
- OPSC civil services Application Form
- The Science Engineering Research Board jest Application Form
- MAHATET Application Form
- GAUHATI HIGH COURT Grade I Important Dates
- KPTCL Important Dates
- Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences staff nurse grade 2 Important Dates
- Madras High Court Important Dates
- OPSC medical officer Important Dates
- SSC CHSL Important Dates
- OIL INDIA probationary officer grade b Important Dates
- WBPSC Controller Important Dates
- WBPSC assistant professor Important Dates
- OSSC Junior Scale Officer Important Dates
- National Health Mission Malkangiri Result
- DSSSB ldc Result
- RRB junior engineer Result
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences assistant registrar Result
- Allahabad High Court UPHJS Result
- ITBPF Constable Telecom Result
- RRB ALP Technician Result
- Indian Army AMC Centre And College UHQ Result
- DSSSB Result
- RRC WR Result
- RRB NTPC Sample Papers
- Rajasthan High Court group d Sample Papers
- CBSE class 10 social science Sample Papers
- TSCAB staff assistant previous paper Sample Papers
- UPSC Sample Papers
- Teachers Recruitment Board pg assistant and ped grade i Sample Papers
- Cochin Shipyard Limited Project assistant Sample Papers
- RBI grade b Sample Papers
- CBSE class 12 biology Sample Papers
- UPSC Sample Papers
- Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd Syllabus
- TNFUSRC forest guard Syllabus
- DRDO Syllabus
- Madras High Court District Judge Syllabus
- GPSC Syllabus
- WBPSC Audit and Accounts Syllabus
- APSC Syllabus
- UPSSSC computer operator Syllabus
- Board of Secondary School Odisha Syllabus
- East Central Railway Syllabus
- East Central Railway Chief Law Assistant Interview schedule
- DRDO Interview schedule
- APPSC Interview schedule
- UP Secondary Education Services Selection Board pgt Interview schedule
- UP Secondary Education Services Selection Board tgt Interview schedule
- UPSSSC Cane Supervisor Interview schedule
- OIL INDIA Interview schedule
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar Interview schedule
- WBPSC Interview schedule
- MAHAGENCO Interview schedule
- AIIMS Patna Multi-Purpose Health Worker Rank List
- Allahabad High Court judicial service Rank List
- KAU Skilled Assistant Rank List
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology Rank List
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology Project assistant Rank List
- Malabar Cancer Centre stipendiary trainee Rank List
- KAU assistant professor Rank List
- Kerala PSC hsst english junior Rank List
- Samagra Shiksha Telangana deo Exam Schedule
- DSSSB deo Exam Schedule
- Sikkim Human Resource Development Department tet Exam Schedule
- ICMAI Exam Schedule
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India Embassy Audit Exam Schedule
- TNPSC departmental Exam Schedule
- TNPSC group 1 Exam Schedule
- Defence Estates Department Government Of India Exam Schedule
- TNUSRB Exam Schedule
- TANGEDCO Exam Schedule