An overview of OJEE:
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) is an entrance examination conducted in Odisha by the State. This state-government controlled centralised test is conducted for the admission of students in governmental and private engineering, medical & management institutions in Odisha. Candidate from Odisha can appear for OJEE after the completion of 12th grade, diploma, Undergraduate degree, Postgraduate degree for the higher level courses. The admission is done to the graduation of lateral entry in B.Arch, lateral entry in B.Tech, B.Pharm, BDS (also known as Bachelors) and post graduation courses such as MBA, MCA, PDCM, PGDM, M.Pharm, and M.Tech. Through OJEE exam, students can get admitted in a lateral entry in pharmacy/engineering/technology/MCA and the first year of master courses in MCA, M.Tech, MBA, M.Pharm, M.Arch/M.Plan/M.Arch. Nearly 3 lakh people take the examination every year. Students from Odisha Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha, CBSE & ISC board take the test. The entrance examination will be held across 20 different location in Odisha. Candidates can select 3 exam location as per their comfort.
How to apply for OJEE?
Candidates who want to appear for the entrance exam should first apply for OJEE. The general information is available on the official website. The applicants can apply for OJEE via online mode only. A candidate can fill the application form only once. The application form will be on the official site. The issue of the OJEE application form will start from the last week of January and continue to till the third week of March. Before filling the application form the candidates are advised to go through the information from the brochure. Candidates should carefully select the respective entrance test among the given options. The applicants should double check while selecting the options for OJEE as it can’t be changed later under any circumstances. Upon successful application, the candidates will be called to appear for OJEE.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for OJEE?
To appear for OJEE the candidates should satisfy the eligibility criteria that is set by Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB), the exam conducting body. Candidates who want to pursue their UG, PG and Lateral entry courses are applicable to apply for the exam. It is necessary that candidates should hold the domicile of Odisha for applying. The qualifications needed for the respective courses are given below for reference:
- For UG courses the candidates should have passed 12th class with an aggregate mark of 45% (40% for reserve category) from Odisha board or any other recognized board.
- For PG courses the candidates must have passed or appeared for the bachelor’s degree in the corresponding field. The graduation degree must be from the recognized university with 50% (45% for reserved category) in the qualifying exam.
- For Lateral Entry in B.tech or B.Pharma, candidates should have passed with an aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates) in the 3 years of diploma in engineering or pharmacy.
What are the important dates for OJEE?Candidates should keep an eye and follow the important dates regarding OJEE. It is important so that the candidate can prepare well an appear for the OJEE examination and other processes. The exam conducting body has released the tentative dates for the OJEE entrance examination. The important updated event dates are listed below:
|Release date of application form||Last week of January of 2019|
|Last date for the submission of application form||3rd week of March 2019|
|Release of admit card||To be notified|
|Date of Examination||2nd week of May 2019|
|Announcement of result||To be notified|
What are the steps to fill the OJEE application form?Candidates are advised to go through the steps listed below before filling the application form. Only if the applicant finds himself/herself satisfies the eligibility criteria, can he/she apply for the entrance examination. The detailed information for the application filling is given below:
- To apply for OJEE visit the official website.
- Go to ‘Online Student Registration System’ and open the link ‘Odisha Joint Entrance Examination’.
- It will lead to a page where you are asked to click on ‘Application form for OJEE-2019’.
- Upon clicking six numbers of links namely A, B, C, D, E and F will appear.
- Candidate must select the respective study in order to choose the correct application form.
- After selecting the course the candidates will be provided with a registration number. The number should be noted down.
- Once the registration process is complete, the applicant can use the generated Registration number for filling the application form for the respective exam.
- Candidates can now login by entering User ID and password to fill in the application form. The registration number is the User ID.
- Candidate should carefully fill the required details such as academic details, personal details, contact details, etc. and Click on ‘Submit’ or ‘Rest’.
- In the next step, the candidates should upload the scanned images in the prescribed format asked in the application form.
- After uploading the images, payment should be made by selecting any one of the available modes.
- Once the payment is done the candidate must take the printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
What is the fee for the OJEE application form?The applicants can apply for OJEE via online mode only. The application fee can be paid through online mode. The filled in application will be further processed only after the payment. The online payment can be made by Debit/Credit Card /Net Banking. It can also be submitted through e-Challan mode only in State Bank of India payment gateway. Application fee once paid cannot be refunded. The cost of application form varies for different exams. The details are listed below:
|Exam||Cost of the form|
|Form A, B, C, D, F||Rs. 1000/-|
|Form E||Rs. 1500/-|
What is the syllabus for OJEE?Candidates should have a clear idea about the syllabus for the exam they are going to appear. Only by knowing the syllabus can they secure high marks in the exam. As OJEE conducts exams for Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Lateral entry courses the syllabus varies respectively. Get detailed information about the syllabus for OJEE 2019. The candidates should know their area of strength and weakness and prepare hard to get through OJEE.
The paper pattern for each course is different. The OJEE will be conducted in offline mode. The question will be in an objective manner. Marks will be allotted in the following manner:
- Each question carries 4 marks
- Every correct answer will be awarded +4 marks
- Every wrong answer will be deducted -1 mark
When will the admit card for OJEE be available?Candidates can expect the release of the admit card in the month of April before the commencement of the examination in the month of May. OJEE Admit Card will be released by OJEE board, the exam conducting body. It will be available only online. It will not be sent or posted by OJEEB. The Admit card can be downloaded in the following steps:
- Visit the official website of OJEE
- Click on the visible link ‘OJEE 2019 Admit Card’
- Enter the Application Number and Password (Date of Birth) and click on submit
- Upon submission, the OJEE Admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Download the OJEE admit card and take a print for further use
If any mistake or correction is required in the printed information, the candidates can contact OJEE office by dialling 0674-6552455 without any delay. The candidates must carry the admit card while appearing for the entrance examination.
Rank List related Articles
DV Schedule related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Score card related Articles
Result related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Admit Card related Articles
Exam related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
General related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
Counselling related Articles
- ESIC INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- TEZPUR UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- BPSC 30TH JUDICIAL SERVICES INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AAU INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- MAZAGON DOCK INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AIIMS BHOPAL INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- WBPSC PROBATION CUM AFTER CARE OFFICER INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- JHARKHAND HIGH COURT INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- UPSC CMS INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- IOCL INTERVIEW SHORTLIST 2019
- TSCAB STAFF ASSISTANT PREVIOUS PAPER
- UPSC MAINS PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- TN TRB PG ASSISTANT AND PED GRADE I QUESTION PAPER
- COCHIN SHIPYARD PROJECT ASSISTANTS PREVIOUS PAPERS
- RBI GRADE B PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE CLASS 12 BIOLOGY SAMPLE PAPER
- UPSC QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE UGC NET QUESTION PAPERS
- IBPS PO QUESTION PAPER
- IBPS CLERK QUESTION PAPER