Latest NDA Exam Syllabus:Candidates who have applied for the NDA Exam should have a clear idea of the Syllabus for preparation and practice. The syllabus of the Exam is given along with the official notification. The Syllabus follows the CBSE pattern of class 10 to 12 and candidates are advised to follow the NCERT textbooks. The Written Exam has two broad divisions i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). GAT has two divisions - English and General Knowledge. An overview of the Exam is given in the table below and a detailed Syllabus of NDA and NA Exam is further defined in the article.
|Paper-I - Mathematics||300||2½ hours|
|Paper-II - General Ability Test||English||200||2½ hours|
General Science (10%)
History, Freedom Movement, etc (20%)
Current Events (10%))
Candidates can also use NDA Sample Paper for practice.
NDA Syllabus for Mathematics:NDA Mathematics Exam is the first section of the Written Examination. Candidates Mathematics section is taken as a separate Test and separate booklet is provided. The time duration of the Exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes. The number of questions will be 120 with a score of 300. Find below the Syllabus for Mathematics.
- Matrices and Determinants
- Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability - Statistics
NDA Syllabus for General Ability Test:
NDA General Ability Test is the second Phase of Written Exam and is broadly divided into two Sections i.e. English and General Knowledge. General Knowledge in turn has Six subjects. The overall score of GAT is 600 and a time duration of 2 hours 30 minutes. The Syllabus for each Subject and their weightage is given below under the respective titles.
NDA Syllabus for English:
If the candidate takes good practice for English, then it is easier to score full score in this Section. English Section is basically included in most of the Competitive Exams, and here the question paper in English Section will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and their regular usage to test the candidate’s proficiency in English. The syllabus covers various aspects like:
- Grammar and usage
- Comprehension and cohesion
NDA Syllabus for General Knowledge:
The question paper on General Knowledge will broadly cover the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events. General Knowledge section carries a score of 400 with 100 questions.
NDA Syllabus - PhysicsIn General Knowledge section, Physics carries a maximum weightage of 25%. Candidates should be clear of all the topics and concepts on syllabus given below.
- Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer
- Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy
- Effects of Heat, Measurement of Temperature and Heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat. Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments. Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction. Spherical mirrors and Lenses, Human Eye
- Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet
- Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Non-conductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays.
- General Principles in the working of the following: Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses.
NDA Syllabus - Chemistry
- Physical and Chemical changes
- Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations
- Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems)
- Properties of Air and Water
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbondioxide, Oxidation and Reduction
- Acids, bases and salts
- Carbon - different forms
- Fertilizers - Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like Soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches and Gun-Powder
- Elementary ideas about the structure of Atom, Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency
NDA Syllabus - General Science
- Difference between the living and non-living
- Basis of Life - Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Elementary knowledge of Human Body and its important organs
- Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention
- Food - Source of Energy for man
- Constituents of food, Balanced Diet
- The Solar System - Meteors and Comets, Eclipses
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists
NDA Syllabus - Social Studies
- A broad survey of Indian History
- Freedom Movement in India
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India. Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development
- Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi
- Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; War of American Independence
- French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society
- Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy, Socialism and Communism
- Role of India in the present world
NDA Syllabus - Geography
- The Earth, its shape and size
- Lattitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time. International Date Line
- Movements of Earth and their effects. Origin of Earth
- Rocks and their classification; Weathering - Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and Volcanoes
- Ocean Currents and Tides Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, Cyclones and Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation
- Types of Climate, Major Natural regions of the World
- Regional Geography of India - Climate, Natural vegetation, Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and Industrial activities
- Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India. Main items of Imports and Exports of India
NDA Syllabus - Current Events
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years
- Current important world events
- Prominent personalities - both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports
NDA 2018 Score Calculation:The Written Examination is the first Stage of selection process and the overall weightage of the section is 900. The weightage/score for each question varies based on the Subject. The candidates need to plan well and study for the Exams, thus knowing the weightage/score of each section and its questions also the calculation on marks can help candidates prepare smartly. Each candidate should also have a sectional cutoff. Find below how the marks are calculated for each section.
Correct answer Score: 2.5
Incorrect answer Score: -0.83
Score Calculation = (No. of correct answer x 2.5) - (No. of incorrect answers x 0.83)
General Ability Test
Correct answer Score: 4
Incorrect answer Score: -1.33
Score Calculation = (No. of correct answer x 4) - (No. of incorrect answers x 1.33)
Written Examination (Overall Score) = Score in Mathematics + Score in GAT. The result of the Written Examination is released one month after the Exam. Candidates are shortlisted based on the Cutoff Score. Cutoff Score is the minimum score to be secured by the candidate to be eligible for the next stage of selection process. Cutoff Score is decided by UPSC.
Eligibility for NDA 2018 Exam:Candidates before applying for the NDA and NA Exams should be clear about if they are eligible to take up the Exam. As NDA and NA Exams recruits and trains candidates for the most prestigious services in India, the eligibility criteria of the Exam are well-defined and narrow.
- Only Male candidate who are Unmarried can apply.
- Candidates should be physically and mentally fit according to the physical standards given by UPSC.
- Age limit: Candidates should be born not earlier than 02-01-1999 and not later than 01-01-2002.
- Educational Qualification: (i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University, (ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
How to Apply for NDA Exam:
UPSC releases the Application Form for registering in NDA and NA exams, twice a year. The Application form is released in Online mode only. Candidates applying for the Exam are expected to fill the Application form to be called for attending the Written Examination. Ensure to furnish exact details regarding age, address, e-mail ID and other necessary details, as no further changes can be made on submission. The Commission holds the information furnished in the application for any further use and cross reference. Candidates providing incorrect data with or without knowledge are plainly rejected at any stage of the selection process.
Candidates can Apply for the Exam once the Application form is released. Guidelines on each stage of filling the Application form, check NDA Application Form. For details on NDA Admit Card release date, download, etc., follow the link.
For Information on NDA Exams, follow Fresherslive. Good luck on all your endeavors...!!!
Rank List related Articles
DV Schedule related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Score card related Articles
Result related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Admit Card related Articles
Exam related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
General related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
Counselling related Articles
- »MPSC AE Result 2019. Download the result here15 hours ago
- OSSC ODIA TRANSLATOR ADMIT CARD
- ASSAM PSC ASSISTANT PROFESSOR ADMIT CARD
- ECIL JUNIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER ADMIT CARD
- OSSC AUDITOR ADMIT CARD
- TSCAB STAFF ASSISTANT ADMIT CARD
- NHM MP ADMIT CARD
- GSSSB CLERK AND OFFICE ASSISTANT ADMIT CARD
- DSSSB ADMIT CARD
- ISRO SCIENTIST ENGINEER ADMIT CARD
- SBI APPRENTICE ADMIT CARD
- TEZPUR UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- BPSC 30TH JUDICIAL SERVICES INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AAU INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- MAZAGON DOCK INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AIIMS BHOPAL INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- WBPSC PROBATION CUM AFTER CARE OFFICER INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- JHARKHAND HIGH COURT INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- UPSC CMS INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- IOCL INTERVIEW SHORTLIST 2019
- MAHAGENCO INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- TSCAB STAFF ASSISTANT PREVIOUS PAPER
- UPSC MAINS PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- TN TRB PG ASSISTANT AND PED GRADE I QUESTION PAPER
- COCHIN SHIPYARD PROJECT ASSISTANTS PREVIOUS PAPERS
- RBI GRADE B PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE CLASS 12 BIOLOGY SAMPLE PAPER
- UPSC QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE UGC NET QUESTION PAPERS
- IBPS PO QUESTION PAPER
- IBPS CLERK QUESTION PAPER