For every competitive examination, the candidates aspiring to clear the Exam focus on dedicated practice, which would help them to rectify their mistakes in the practice stage itself and to manage time in the Exam. Besides solving practice sets and mock tests in online and offline mode candidates need to work on the previous year questions. Practice done by the candidate will be fruitful with a good source of materials being available. We have provided around seven set of previous year question papers for the candidates to practice. Candidates can use the Sample Paper provided to practice and increase the speed and accuracy.
NDA Sample Paper - MathematicsThe first set of Written Exam is Mathematics focusing on Algebra, Matrices and Determinants, Trignomentry, Analytical Geomentry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability based on CBSE pattern of 10th to 12th class mathematics syllabus. The questions are of multiple choices with simple calculations from the given data. Mathematics Paper is a separate booklet with 120 questions. The maximum marks of 300 and time duration of 2 hours 30 minutes.
Candidates in addition to practice of problems related to Mathematics paper, solving the previous year question paper can give them an idea to focus on areas where they need more practice and time management to solve the questions in the given time. The question papers of previous Exams are given below as sample papers to the practice of candidates.
Sample Paper NDA (I) - Mathematics 2017
Sample Paper NDA (II) - Mathematics 2017
Sample Paper NDA (I) - Mathematics 2016
Sample Paper NDA (II) - Mathematics 2016
Sample Paper NDA (I) - Mathematics 2015
Sample Paper NDA (II) - Mathematics 2015
Sample Paper NDA (I) - Mathematics 2014
Sample Paper NDA (II) - Mathematics 2014
The answer key for all the Sample Papers is given in NDA Answer Key.
NDA Sample Paper - General Ability Test
The second set of Written Exam is the General Ability Test with Part - A (English) and Part - B (General Knowledge). The time duration of the test is 2 hours and 30 minutes with maximum marks of 600. The total number of questions is 200.
English Section has 50 questions with maximum marks of 200. The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workmanlike use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension, and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
The question paper on General Knowledge has 150 questions with maximum marks of 400. Part-B will broadly cover the subjects Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography, and Current Events. Out of maximum marks assigned to part ‘B’ of the paper, questions on Sections ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’, ‘E’ and ‘F’ will carry approximately 25%, 15%, 10%, 20%, 20%, and 10% weightage, respectively.
Sample Paper NDA (I) - GAT 2017
Sample Paper NDA (II) - GAT 2017
Sample Paper NDA (I) - GAT 2016
Sample Paper NDA (II) - GAT 2016
Sample Paper NDA (I) - GAT 2015
Sample Paper NDA (II) - GAT 2015
Sample Paper NDA (I) - GAT 2014
Sample Paper NDA (II) - GAT 2014
NDA Sample Paper - Pattern
The Written Exam has two major divisions i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test.
General Ability Test
The Exam will be of Objective Type Questions only and every wrongly answered question carries negative marking. The Commission holds the rights to fix the qualifying marks for any or all subjects of the Exam. NDA Sample Paper gives an idea of the Written Examination and the pattern of the Exam helping candidates to take the test with less tension and more focus.
Admit CardFor the Written Examination the candidates will be issued an e-Admit Card, which serves as an entry proof to take the Entrance Exam. Candidates who don't hold the Admit Card are strictly prohibited from taking the Exam. The table below gives important dates to be noted.
|NDA Admit Card||Third week of August 2017|
|NDA Exam Date||September 10, 2017|
- The e-Admit Card (Online mode only) will be released only to those candidates whose application is being processed by UPSC.
- Admit card will be issued (Online) three weeks prior to the commencement of the Exam and will not be sent by post to any of the candidates.
- Candidates are expected to carry the printout of the Admit Card and also a printout of important instructions (which must be read well in advance) to the Exam.
- To avoid last minute accessing problems to the site, candidates are advised to download the Admit Card well in advance.
Selection ProcessUPSC follows a process of Entrance Exam followed by Two stage selection process for the admission of candidates in NDA and NA. UPSC has laid certain norms and criteria for the candidates to take up the Entrance test and the Selection process. The first stage of selection process is Written Examination. On publication of results of the Written Exam, shortlisted candidates will take the two-step selection process by Services Selection Board. Candidates opted for Army/Navy wings of the NDA will have to appear for Intelligence and Personality Test also will be assessed on Officers Potentiality. Candidates opted for Air Force as First choice, in addition to the Two-Stage Selection Process, should appear for Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) and Pilot Aptitude Test (which forms the whole PAB Test).
Vacancy DetailsThe approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination is given below
|National Defence Academy||335 (Army - 208, Navy - 55, and Air Force - 72)|
|Naval Academy||55 (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)|
Vacancies are provisional and may be changed depending on the availability of training capacity of National Defence Academy and Indian Naval Academy. Candidates are required to specify their order of preference for the Services as the Ranking, Final Merit List and Allotment is based on the preference given by the candidate.
- Only Male candidate who are Unmarried can apply.
- Candidates should be physically and mentally fit according to the physical standards given by UPSC.
- Age limit: Candidates should be born not earlier than 02-01-1999 and not later than 01-01-2002.
- Educational Qualification: (i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy:- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University, (ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy:- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
For Information on NDA Exams, follow Fresherslive. Good luck on all your endeavors...!!!
Admit Card related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
General related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Result related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
Counselling related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Score card related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
DV Schedule related Articles
Rank List related Articles
Exam Schedule related Articles
Rejected List related Articles
Exam Analysis related Articles
Question Paper related Articles
- MAHATET Application Form
- Indian Navy mr Application Form
- OSSSC forest guard Application Form
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan tet Application Form
- OPSC civil services Application Form
- The Science Engineering Research Board jest Application Form
- MAHATET Application Form
- IIFT Application Form
- Punjab School Education Board Application Form
- UP Board Application Form
- JIPMER Important Dates
- Gujarat High Court Important Dates
- WBPSC Important Dates
- AP SSC Board Important Dates
- HSSC Important Dates
- TNFUSRC forest watcher pst pet Important Dates
- APPSC group 1 services and forest range officer revised Important Dates
- NABARD assistant mains Important Dates
- APPSC group 1 main exam Important Dates
- SSC mts tier 2 Important Dates
- Indian Institute of Soil Science Result
- City & Industrial Development Corporation of Maharashtra Ltd Security Officer Result
- Indian Coast Guard Assistant Result
- Indian Coast Guard navik gd Result
- National Geophysical Research Institute Result
- HPSC assistant professor Result
- Board of School Education Haryana Result
- DSSSB Result
- Cement Corporation of India engineer Result
- India Post Result
- Rajasthan High Court group d Sample Papers
- CBSE class 10 social science Sample Papers
- TSCAB staff assistant previous paper Sample Papers
- UPSC Sample Papers
- Teachers Recruitment Board pg assistant and ped grade i Sample Papers
- Cochin Shipyard Limited Project assistant Sample Papers
- RBI grade b Sample Papers
- CBSE class 12 biology Sample Papers
- UPSC Sample Papers
- CBSE UGC ugc net Sample Papers
- RSMSSB patwari Syllabus
- Sikkim Public Service Commission Drug Inspector Syllabus
- FSSAI Syllabus
- Tamilnadu Teachers Recruitment board Syllabus
- CGPSC State Service Exam Syllabus
- Samagra Shiksha – Department of School Education ssa Syllabus
- RPSC Syllabus
- JIPMER pg Syllabus
- OPSC civil services Syllabus
- UPSC cds 1 Syllabus
- GPSC Microbiologist Interview schedule
- Vizag Steel Plant management trainee Interview schedule
- NHM Assam Interview schedule
- ESIC specialists grade II Interview schedule
- UPSC Interview schedule
- NHM Assam junior engineer Interview schedule
- CDAC Interview schedule
- BPSC lecturer Interview schedule
- NHM Assam Interview schedule
- NIELIT Interview schedule
- IOCL DV Schedule
- TSPSC group 2 DV Schedule
- APSC Diet Lecturer DV Schedule
- RSMSSB DV Schedule
- Uttar Gujarat Vij Company Limited vidyut sahayak DV Schedule
- Odisha Public Service Commission DV Schedule
- RRB je DV Schedule
- ESIC nursing and paramedical DV Schedule
- Rajasthan Subordinate Ministerial Services Selection Board live stock assistant DV Schedule
- ESIC senior resident DV Schedule
- Allahabad High Court judicial service Rank List
- KAU Skilled Assistant Rank List
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology Rank List
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology Project assistant Rank List
- Malabar Cancer Centre stipendiary trainee Rank List
- KAU assistant professor Rank List
- Kerala PSC hsst english junior Rank List