NDA & NA Exam Notification 2018:
UPSC officially released the NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY & NAVAL ACADEMY EXAMINATION (I), 2018 notfication at its official website www.upsc.gov.in. The UPSC NDA & NA exam is being conducted for admission to the army, navy and air force wings of the NDA for the 141th course, and for the 103rd Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). The registration will continue till February 5, 2018.
Check the official NDA & NA Exam Notification 2018
NDA is the first tri-service academy, training the cadets of all three services before they go to pre-commissioning training in their respective service wing. Indian Naval Academy (NA) focus on training in Naval wing. The Exams are conducted twice a year, nationally. The Exam for admission in Army, Navy, and Air force wings of 140th course of NDA and 102nd course of Indian Naval Academy is scheduled on September 10, 2017, and the course is expected to commence from July 2018. The entire selection process of candidates for admission in NDA and Naval Academy (NA) is done biannually. The entire selection is done in two Stages:
NDA Exam - Overview
- Written Examination
- Two-Stage Selection Procedure
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India's central recruiting firm responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India Services and Central Services. UPSC Exams are considered hardest to clear compared to other Exams with a success rate of less than 1%. One of the major UPSC exams is NDA Exam for admission of candidates in National Defence Academy (NDA) and Indian Naval Academy (NA). As the competition has drastically increased in recent times, UPSC has made its recruitment process harder in order to recruit candidates with suitable skills, dedication, and zeal to serve.
DA Exam - Important DatesNDA and NA Exams for admission in the Army, Navy, and Air Force wings of the respective academies are done biannually. Candidates who are aspiring to get into these academies are advised to keep themselves updated on the important events of both UPSC and NDA. We will keep you posted on all updates regarding the NDA and NA Exams in this article. Find below the important dates to be noted by candidates who applied for the Exam.
|Online Application - Released||June 7, 2017|
|Online Application - Closure||June 30, 2017 (6:00 p.m.)|
|Last Date for Payment of Fees (Offline)||June 29, 2017 (23:59 hours)|
|e-Admit Card - Released||Three weeks prior to Written Exam|
|Written Exam Date||September 10, 2017|
|Written Exam Results||December 2017|
|SSB Interview Date||January-April, 2018|
|Overall Results||June 2018|
|Commencement of Course||July 2018|
NDA Written ExamNDA Written Exam is the first stage of the selection process for short listing candidates for the next phase of recruitment. Written Exam consists of Objective Type questions only and designed in a way to test the knowledge and excellence of candidates. Written Exam pattern follows two sections i.e. Paper I (Mathematics) and Paper II (General Ability Test). Candidates can't opt for subject of choice and all sections are compulsory. The overall pattern of Written Exam is given below.
|General Ability Test||2½hours||600|
On completion of the Written test, the results will be published within one month. Union Public Service Commission prepares a list of shortlisted candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission. The shortlisted candidates then take up the Two-Stage Selection Procedure by Services Selection Board. Minimum Cutoff Score differs every year. Based on the previous year cutoffs it is expected to be around 20-30% marks in each subject. The Commission holds all the right to fix the Cutoff Score.
NDA Exam - Two-Stage Selection ProcedureThe Second Stage of the recruitment process is the Two-Stage Selection Procedure done by Services Selection Board. Find below the details on Two-Stage Selection Procedure:
- SSB has introduced Two-stage Selection Procedure i.e. (I) Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards and (II) Officers Potentiality Test. All the candidates getting shortlisted in written exam will have to take Stage I test and only those candidates who qualify at Stage I will be allowed to take up the second stage/remaining tests. The Two-Stage Selection Procedure carries an overall Score of 900.
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception * Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.
- Candidates opted for Air Force as first choice will have to take Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) and Pilot Aptitude Test (which forms the whole PAB Test or PABT). All the SSB qualified candidates as per their willingness, eligibility, and preference for Air Force, should separately qualify the PABT. Candidates who have opted Air Force as one of the choice can also take PABT test on their willingness.
- PABT for Air Force candidates is conducted only once and the grade secured by him at the first test will, therefore, hold good for every subsequent interview he has with the Air Force Selection Board. A candidate who fails in the first pilot aptitude test cannot apply for admission to the National Defence Academy examination for the Air Force Wing or General Duties (Pilot) branch or Naval Air Arm.
|General Ability Test||2½ hours||600|
NDA Exam - How to Apply
UPSC releases the Application Form for registering in NDA and NA exams, twice a year. The Application form is released in Online mode only. Candidates applying for the Exam are expected to fill the Application form to be called for attending the Written Examination. Ensure to furnish exact details regarding age, address, e-mail ID and other necessary details, as no further changes can be made on submission. The Commission holds the information furnished in the application for any further use and cross-reference. Candidates providing incorrect data with or without knowledge are plainly rejected at any stage of the selection process.
Candidates can Apply for the Exam once the Application form is released. Guidelines on each stage of filling the Application form, check NDA Application Form.
Candidates before applying for the NDA and NA Exams should be clear about if they are eligible to take up the Exam. As NDA and NA Exams recruits and trains candidates for the most prestigious services in India, the eligibility criteria of the Exam are well-defined and narrow. We have listed below major Cases of Eligibility and Ineligibility:
NDA Exam - Eligibility and Ineligibility
- Only Male candidate who is Unmarried can apply.
- Candidates should be physically and mentally fit according to the physical standards given by UPSC.
- Age limit: Candidates should be born not earlier than 02-01-1999 and not later than 01-01-2002.
- Educational Qualification: (i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University, (ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
- Candidates who were admitted to an earlier course at NDA or Indian Naval Academy but were removed therefrom for lack of officer-like qualities or on disciplinary grounds will not be admitted to the Academy.
- Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of Commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be canceled.
- A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
- A candidate who fails in the First Pilot Aptitude Test cannot apply for admission to the National Defence Academy examination for the Air Force Wing or general duties (Pilot) branch or Naval Air Arm.
- Candidates who fail in the Medical Examination are also considered ineligible even if they cleared the other level of Examinations.
- The applicants in whose case payments details have not been received from the bank, they will be treated as fictitious payment cases and their applications will be rejected in the first instance.
- Applications without the prescribed fee (unless remission of fee is claimed) or incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected.
SyllabusCandidates who have applied for the NDA and NA Exam should have a clear idea of the Syllabus for preparation and practice. The syllabus of the Exam is given along with the official notification. The Syllabus follows the CBSE pattern of class 10 to 12 and candidates are advised to follow the NCERT textbooks. The Written Exam has two broad divisions i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). GAT has two divisions - English and General Knowledge. Find below the detailed overview of the NDA and NA Exam.
|Paper-I - Mathematics||300||2½ hours|
|Paper-II - General Ability Test||English||200||2½ hours|
General Science (10%)
History, Freedom Movement, etc (20%)
Current Events (10%))
To know further details, check NDA Syllabus. Candidates can also use NDA Sample Paper for practice.
Admit CardFor the Written Examination, the candidates will be issued an e-Admit Card, which serves as an entry proof to take the Entrance Exam. Candidates who don't hold the NDA Admit Card are strictly prohibited from taking the Exam.
- The e-Admit Card (Online mode only) will be released only to those candidates whose application is being processed by UPSC.
- Admit card will be issued (Online) three weeks prior to the commencement of the Exam and will not be sent by post to any of the candidates.
- Candidates are expected to carry the printout of the Admit Card and also a printout of important instructions (which must be read well in advance) to the Exam.
- To avoid last-minute accessing problems to the site, candidates are advised to download the Admit Card well in advance.
- Candidates can download their Admit Card using their Registration ID or Roll Number. For details follow, NDA Admit Card.
Vacancy DetailsThe approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination is given below
|National Defence Academy||360 (208 for Army, 60 for Navy
and 92 for Air Force)
|Naval Academy||55 (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)|
Vacancies are provisional and may be changed depending on the availability of training capacity of National Defence Academy and Indian Naval Academy. Candidates are required to specify their order of preference for the Services, as the Ranking, Final Merit List, and Allotment are based on the preference given by the candidate.
For Information on NDA Exams, follow Fresherslive. Good luck on all your endeavors...!!!
Rank List related Articles
DV Schedule related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Score card related Articles
Result related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Admit Card related Articles
Exam related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
General related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
Counselling related Articles
- ESIC INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- TEZPUR UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- BPSC 30TH JUDICIAL SERVICES INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AAU INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- MAZAGON DOCK INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AIIMS BHOPAL INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- WBPSC PROBATION CUM AFTER CARE OFFICER INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- JHARKHAND HIGH COURT INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- UPSC CMS INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- IOCL INTERVIEW SHORTLIST 2019
- TSCAB STAFF ASSISTANT PREVIOUS PAPER
- UPSC MAINS PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- TN TRB PG ASSISTANT AND PED GRADE I QUESTION PAPER
- COCHIN SHIPYARD PROJECT ASSISTANTS PREVIOUS PAPERS
- RBI GRADE B PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE CLASS 12 BIOLOGY SAMPLE PAPER
- UPSC QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE UGC NET QUESTION PAPERS
- IBPS PO QUESTION PAPER
- IBPS CLERK QUESTION PAPER