About MAT - Exam Overview
MAT or Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA) four times in a year i.e. in February, May, September and December. MAT is conducted in both online and offline modes in February, May, September, and December.The test scores are used for admission to various MBA, PGDM, and allied management programs.The MAT September score will be accepted by 123 Management Institutes.
MAT September Exam
The Paper Based Test (PBT) will be held on September 03, while the Computer Based Test (CBT) will be held on September 09, 2017. The test will contain a total of 200 questions and test takers will be given 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete the test. The result will be available in the last week of September 2017 in online and will also be sent to the registered address of candidates.
Fill your MAT Application form
MAT Exam - Important Dates
The important dates of MAT are prescribed in the table
|1||MAT Online Application Starts||July 3, 2017|
|2||Application Process Ends (Offline Mode)||August 23, 2017|
|3||Application Process Ends (Online Mode)||August 25, 2017|
|4||Release of Admit Card||August 26, 2017|
|5||Paper Based Test||September 3, 2017|
|6||Computer Based Test||September 9, 2017|
|7||MAT Result 2017||September 2017|
MAT Exam Details
The MAT Exam events are expected to be are mentioned for the candidate's reference.
Name of Test - Management Aptitude Test
Conducting Organisation - The All India Management Association (AIMA)
Exam type - National Level Competitive Exam
Purpose of Test - To Qualifying Test for admission to 20 IIMs and 100+ Business Schools
No. of Questions - 200
Test Duration - 2 hour and 30 minutes
Syllabus - Questions are asked from Data Analysis, Mathematical Skills, Indian, And Global Environment.
Application Fees - Rs 1800 for all the categories.
MAT Exam - Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should check the eligibility criteria of the test. Each and every MAT eligibility norms are required to be fulfilled. If candidates does not fulfill any of the eligibility criteria, then they will be disqualified on or before the admission rounds.
- Graduation degree from a recognized University in any discipline
- Candidates in their final year of qualifying exams can also apply
- No age limit
- Work experience is not necessary.
Steps to fill MAT Exam Application Form
The application form will be available in online as well as offline mode. To access the online application form, candidates can click on the link provided above. For the offline application form, candidates are required to visit the designated centers or AIMA head office. Major steps which are followed which applying for the MAT Exam
- The candidates who are willing to write MAT Exam have to register by entering the required details to obtain the login ID and password
- Login with the provided credentials to continue with application process
- Fill in the application details and submit the same before end date
- Pay the application fee through the available payment gateways to conclude the application process.
How to upload your Photo / Sign for MAT Application Form
A candidate should upload a recent photo and image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications are given below.
- The photograph must be latest and colored.
- The size of the image must be less than or equal to 50KB.
- The photograph must be taken in appropriate light or must have a white background.
- The format of the image must be.JPG or.JPEG.
- The signature must be on a white paper with Black ink
- The candidates must make sure that they scan only the signature area and not the whole page.
- The image must be the in.JPG or.JPEG format and the size must not be more than 50KB.
MAT Application Form Fee
The MAT application fee for September 2017 is Rs. 1400/- and the candidates can pay this fee in two ways
- Offline Mode – Through cash or Demand Draft
- Online Mode
MAT Exam Pattern
The Aptitude test is being held in a paper-based as well as computer-based mode. Candidates can opt for the test mode during the application process. The duration of the test is 2 hours 30 minutes and there will be a total of 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark and every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted.
|Section No.||Name of Section||No. of questions||Time Suggested (Minutes)|
|3||Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|4||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|5||Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
MAT Exam Syllabus
The MAT syllabus is mainly based on 5 categories and they are
- Language comprehension
- Mathematical Skills
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
The Language Comprehension section consists of 2 parts, Reading Comprehension and English vocabulary and grammar. The vocabulary and grammar part will have the questions on the following topics:
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Fill in the blanks
- Odd word out
- Jumbled words and sentences
- Para jumbles
- Sentence correction
This section involves topics from Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Cubes, Number System, Probability. The majority of the questions are expected to arrive from the Arithmetic portion only.
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
Data Analysis and Sufficiency
The main topics are given for the Data Analysis and Sufficiency are prescribed below
- Bar graph
- Line graph
- Pie Chart
- Mixed charts and graphs
- Data Sufficiency
- Data Comparison
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
The section is majorly covered by Mathematical Reasoning questions. The other questions were asked on Verbal Ability.
- Blood Relations
- Analytical Reasoning
- Assertion Reason
- Cause and Effect.
Indian and Global Environment
This section is the combination of general knowledge and current affairs. Amidst the two, more questions are expected from the current GK area. The topics are
- Business Awareness
- Books and Authors
- Social Issues
MAT Admit Card
All India Management Association (AIMA) issues the MAT admit card for September exam on or after August month. Candidates who would register successfully for MAT September will be able to download the admit cards. MAT admit card is available in online mode only.Along with the MAT Admit a photo identity proof should be carried out. The MAT Admit Card Included details
- Candidate’s Name
- Application form number
- Examination Date
- Time of Exam
- Venue of Examination
- Roll number of the Candidates
- Picture of candidate
- Signature of candidate
- Examination Centre Code
- Other information related to exam
Main Documents to be submitted at the time of examination along with MAT Admit Card
The main documents should be presented along with the One Photo Identity card is a must for the MAT Examination with the admit card.
- Adhar card
- PAN card
- Driving Licence
- Voter’s card
- Bank passbook with duly attested photograph
- Identity card issued by school or college/gazetted officer.
The Candidates can check MAT results after the test gets conducted in the form of overall and sectional scores. MAT results will be declared and the students will be shortlisted for the selection procedure.The MAT results mainly determine the candidate's strategy and the Institutes will be selected on the basis of scores acquired by them.
MAT Selection Procedure
The MAT selection procedure consists of Group Discussion, Personal Interview and or Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds. First, a candidate is shortlisted on the basis of MAT result or cut off. These shortlisted candidates are later called for the selection rounds at various participating institutes. Final admission selection is on the basis of performance in the selection rounds.
Rank List related Articles
DV Schedule related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Score card related Articles
Result related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Admit Card related Articles
Exam related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
General related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
Counselling related Articles
- RAJASTHAN BOARD RBSE 10TH 12TH
- NAGALAND BOARD NBSE CLASS 10TH 12TH RESULT
- NATIONAL PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT
- PSEB 12TH RESULT PUNJAB SCHOOL EDUCATION BOARD
- RBSE 12TH RESULT RAJASTHAN BOARD 12TH RESULT
- JAC JHARKHAND BOARD 10TH 12TH RESULT
- HBSE HARYANA BOARD 12TH RESULT
- BSEB 12TH RESULT BIHAR BOARD 12TH RESULT
- CLASS 12TH RESULT
- UPTU RESULT
- ESIC INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- TEZPUR UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- BPSC 30TH JUDICIAL SERVICES INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AAU INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- MAZAGON DOCK INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AIIMS BHOPAL INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- WBPSC PROBATION CUM AFTER CARE OFFICER INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- JHARKHAND HIGH COURT INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- UPSC CMS INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- IOCL INTERVIEW SHORTLIST 2019
- TSCAB STAFF ASSISTANT PREVIOUS PAPER
- UPSC MAINS PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- TN TRB PG ASSISTANT AND PED GRADE I QUESTION PAPER
- COCHIN SHIPYARD PROJECT ASSISTANTS PREVIOUS PAPERS
- RBI GRADE B PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE CLASS 12 BIOLOGY SAMPLE PAPER
- UPSC QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE UGC NET QUESTION PAPERS
- IBPS PO QUESTION PAPER
- IBPS CLERK QUESTION PAPER