Take your Free Mock Test
LIC AAO SyllabusLIC conducts qualifying exams to recruit competent candidates for the post of Assistant Administrative Officer position. The first phase will be Online Examination following which Personal Interview for candidates shortlisted in the Online Exam will be done. Allotment is made only after Pre-Recruitment Medical Examination for the candidates getting shortlisted in the personal interview. Check the detailed syllabus of Online Exam given in the article. The Phases of Selection for LIC AAO is listed below:
- Online Examination
- Personal Interview
- Pre-Recruitment Medical Examination
LIC AAO Syllabus - Reasoning Ability
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Coding Decoding
- Boast & Streams
- Clocks & Calendars
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood relation
- Coded Inequalities
LIC AAO Syllabus - Quantitative Aptitude
- Number System, Number Theory
- Decimals and Fractions
- Ratio and Proportions
- Profit and Loss
- Mixture and Allegation
- Problems on Ages
- Time & Distance/Work
- S.I. and C.I
- Partnership and Profit & Loss
- Data Interpretation
LIC AAO Syllabus - General Knowledge
- Current Affairs - National and International
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Awards and Honors
- Indian History and Economy
- Countries and Capitals
- Books and Authors
- Important Days
- International and National Organizations
- Science - Inventions and Discoveries
- General Science
- International Organizations/Financial Institutions
LIC AAO Syllabus - Computer Knowledge
- Generations of computer
- Basic computer fundamentals
- Software and Hardware and their functionalities
- Modern day technology
- Computer Abbreviations
- Internet, LAN, WAN
- Security Tools, Virus, Hacker
- MS Word, MS Excel, etc.
LIC AAO Syllabus - English Language
- Reading comprehension
- Cloze test
- Phrase substitution
- Paragraph complete/Sentence correction
- Para jumbles
- Commonly misspelled words
- Double blanks in a sentence
- Synonyms and antonyms
LIC AAO - Personal Interview
- LIC reserves the right to fix the minimum eligibility standards in order to restrict the candidates appearing for the Interview. Minimum Qualifying mark is also fixed for Interview by LIC.
- Candidates qualifying in the Online Exam will be called for the Interview. The number of candidates called for Interview will be three times against the number of vacancies to be filled.
- Candidates are recruited only as per vacancy notified and not all candidates having the same mark are selected.
- In case of similar marks of two or more candidates, the merit order of such group of candidates will be decided in the order of selection given below:
- First, Selection will be based on the aggregate marks in Online Examination and Interview;
- On further similarity, their additional post graduation qualification (i.e. the person with higher educational qualification will be placed higher in the merit order);
- In case of further similarity in educational qualification, merit order will be decided on the basis of age (i.e. senior in age will be placed higher in merit order).
- Interview Call Letters for shortlisted candidates shall be sent to the e-mail address given by the candidate at the time of online application. Requests for sending letters to different address subsequently shall not be entertained.
Pre-Recruitment Medical ExaminationCandidates shortlisted for the Personal Interview will have to undergo a Pre-Recruitment Medical Examination. Appointment of selected candidates is subject to candidate being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the LIC.
LIC AAO - Online Exam Pattern
LIC chooses to have only one Phase of Written Exam i.e. Online Examination for scrutinizing candidates for the Interview phase. Online Examination will be Objective type, Multiple choice questions with time duration 120 minutes. Online Exam has an overall score of 300 and the total number of questions will be 160. Find below the Exam pattern for LIC AAO Online Examination.
|Topic||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Reasoning Ability Test||30||90|
|Quantitative Aptitude Test||30||90|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs Test||30||60|
|Computer Knowledge Test||30||60|
|English Language Test with Special emphasis on Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension||40|
Score Calculation and Other Details
- There will be penalty marked for wrong answer marked by the candidate. For each wrong answer, 1/4th of the mark assigned to that question will be deducted. The corrected score for a section is arrived after deducting negative marks.
- In case a question is left blank i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for such questions.
- The Sectional and Overall score is arrived after the deduction of marks for wrong answers. Find below the score calculation:
- Calculation of Corrected score for each section = (No. of Correctly answered question in a specific section x Actual mark for each question in that section) - (No. of wrongly answered question in that section x 1/4th of the mark assigned to that question in that section
- Equated Score: The Corrected scores are made equivalent by taking the minor difference in difficulty level in each of the objective tests held in different sessions to get the Equated Score.
- Candidates should secure minimum marks both in Sectional and Overall to qualify for the Interview. The minimum marks shall be decided by LIC.
- English Language test is of qualifying nature and the marks in English Language will not be counted for ranking.
LIC AAO - EligibilityAge:
Minimum Age shall be 21 years (completed) as on 1st December 2016. Maximum age shall not be more than 30 years (candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/12/1986 and not later than 01/12/1995 both days inclusive only are eligible). Age relaxation is applicable and those details will be specified by LIC along with the notification.
Bachelor/Master’s Degree from a recognized Indian University/ Institution
About LICLife Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) is an Indian state-owned insurance group and investment company headquartered in Mumbai. It is the largest insurance company in India. Today, LIC functions with 2048 fully computerized branch offices, 8 zonal offices, around 113 divisional offices, 2,048 branches and 1381 satellite offices and corporate offices; in addition it has 54 customer zones and 25 metro-area service hubs located in different cities and towns of India. It also has a network of 1,337,064 individual agents, 242 Corporate Agents, 89 Referral Agents, 98 Brokers, and 42 Banks for soliciting life insurance business from the public.
Result related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Admit Card related Articles
Exam related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
General related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
Counselling related Articles
- MAHAGENCO INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- GURU NANAK DEV UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- SPSC INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- OPSC ASSISTANT PROFESSOR VIVA VOCE SCHEDULE
- PATNA HIGH COURT DISTRICT JUDGE INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- MPSC CIVIL ENGINEERING SERVICES INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- CIRCOT INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AIIMS RAIPUR INTERVIE SCHEDULE
- IMTECH INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- BIHAR ANIMAL SCIENCES UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE