JIPMER 2019 latest notification is updated here instantly and check all essential information regarding JIPMER 2019 in this page. Find the direct link for JIPMER 2019 Application Form, Admit Card, Result here. Detailed info on JIPMER Exam Date, Syllabus, Pattern are provided here. Grasp important updates on JIPMER immediately here. Make use of this valuable resource now.
Get every latest updates, recent announcements on JIPMER MBBS Entrance exam here. JIPMER exam schedule, official notification on MBBS Entrance exam and various UG, PG courses examination are updated here instantly. JIPMER latest Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Answer Key, Cut off and more details are granted here.
What's new in JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam?
For this year, JIPMER Puducherry introduced certain changes in the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application fees and exam cities of JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam. All the new changes regarding JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam is listed here:
- For the first time, negative marking is introduced is this year JIPMER MBBS entrance test. One mark will be reduced for every incorrect answer.
- First step of tie-breaking procedure is also changed. In case of tie, first the candidates negative responses will be compared, the one with less negative responses will be given higher priority for JIPMER MBBS admission.
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 eligibility criteria is also changed. The minimum required aggregate (total) percentage of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects in Class 12 final exam is fixed as 60% (for Unreserved candidates) and 50% (for reserved category candidates, including the differently abled persons).
- As per the Rights of Persons with Disability Act, 2016, JIPMER increased horizontal reservation for differently abled candidates from 3% to 5%.
- The total number of JIPMER MBBS entrance exam cities has been increased to 120 from 75 last year.
- The size dimensions of the candidate’s scanned photo and signature files, which are required to be uploaded in JIPMER Online Application Form, had been slightly modified.
- Application fee for JIPMER MBBS entrance exam had been increased for all categories. Differently abled candidates need not pay the fees. Check the category wise application fee hike from the following table:
||Application fee for 2018 applicants
|| Last year Application fee
|General and OBC
What is the category wise seat distribution in JIPMER MBBS Admission?
Total of 200 MBBS seats in JIPMER Puducherry and Karaikal campus are distributed for General/Unreserved, OBC, SC, ST, Puducherry UR (P-UR), Puducherry-OBC, Puducherry-SC, Puducherry-ST, NRI/OCI as well as Orthopedically Handicapped Candidates (OPH) candidates. The new overall JIPMER MBBS 2018 seat matrix is granted in the following table:
||Seats alloted in
JIPMER Puducherry campus
|Seats alloted in
JIPMER Karaikal campus
|JIPMER MBBS Total seats
||Puducherry UR (P-UR)
JIPMER MBBS 2018 new seat matrix for Differently abled/OPH candidates:
||JIPMER Puducherry seats
||JIPMER Karaikal seats
||Total JIPMER MBBS seats
|Orthopedically Handicapped Candidates (OPH)
|Puducherry - Orthopedically Handicapped Candidates (P - OPH)
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Entrance Exam Important Dates:
This year, Entrance Exam for MBBS admission in JIPMER institutions was held on June 3, 2018 and the result of the same is published on June 8, 2018. JIPMER MBBS 2018 Counselling process commences from June 26 to September 28. Check all the important dates regarding JIPMER MBBS 2018 Admission from the following table:
|JIPMER Online Application Form submission starts
||March 7, 2018
|JIPMER Application Form submission closed on
||April 13, 2018 (5.00 PM)
|JIPMER MBBS Admit Card Availability
||May 21 to June 3, 2018
|JIPMER MBBS 2018 Entrance Exam Date
||June 3, 2018
|JIPMER Result of MBBS 2018 Exam
||June 8, 2018
|Counselling - First Round
||June 26 to June 28, 2018
|Counselling - Second Round
||July 25, 2018
|Counselling - Third Round
||August 20, 2018
|Counselling - Final Round
||September 28, 2018
||September 30, 2018
How to apply for JIPMER MBBS 2018 Entrance Exam?
Interested candidates can apply for JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam through online mode only
. On 7th March 2018, JIPMER has activated the link for submitting Application Form for JIPMER 2018 MBBS Admission. Candidates should pay the prescribed Application Fee on or before 13th April 2018, through online methods only, i.e. via: Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking. Essential personal and academic information, along with scanned image files of candidate’s photograph, signature and Category Certificate need to be uploaded in the JIPMER Online Application Form. All the below mentioned five steps are mandatory and should be completed by the candidates before closing date [ie., April 13, 2018 (5.00 PM)] of JIPMER online Application Form.
- Step 1 – Registration
- Step 2 – Login
- Step 3 – Click “Edit” to fill the Application Form and Upload Scanned Images
- Step 4 – Make Application Fees Payment
- Step 5 – Confirm and Print Application Form
What are the eligibility criteria for JIPMER MBBS 2018 Admission?
Candidates who wish to appear for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam, should check the eligibility criteria, before filling JIPMER Online Application Form. If the candidate fail to meet any of the following eligibility criteria, then their application form will be rejected. So, Candidates are recommended to carefully go through the eligibility criteria provided below.
||Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs
|Minimum Age Limit:
||17 years at the time of admission
||Passed 10+2 or
its equivalent level examination with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology (PCB) as main subjects.
(Class 12 -
Aggregate Marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology ie., PCB subjects)
- Unreserved candidates - 60%
- Reserved candidates - 50%
JIPMER MBBS Exam Pattern 2018:
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Entrance exam is conducted in an online
mode only, ie., a Computer Based Test (CBT) and is comprised of 200
single-best-response type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), with four choices in each question. The total time duration provided for finishing the JIPMER MBBS Entrance exam is two and a half hour (2 hours 30 minutes
). All the MCQ questions are in English language only. Four marks
are credited for every correct
answer and One mark
is reduced for each incorrect
|JIPMER MBBS 2018 Entrance exam mode
||Online; Computer Based Test (CBT)
|Medium of questions
|Total Number of questions
|Type of questions
||Multiple choice, reason-assertion based - One correct answer out of four given options
|Subject wise Distribution of questions
- Physics: 60 questions
- Biology: 60 questions
- Chemistry: 60 questions
- Logical and Quantitative Reasoning: 10 questions
- English Comprehension: 10 questions
- + 4 for every correct answer.
- - 1 for each incorrect answer
- 0 marks for unattempted questions.
- 0 marks for unanswered- marked for review questions
|Level of questions
||Classes 11 and 12 (State boards and CBSE standard)
JIPMER Syllabus 2018:
The Physics, Chemistry, Biology questions asked in the JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance exam question paper are from Class 11th and 12th syllabus prescribed by the CBSE & State Board. Detailed subject wise JIPMER syllabus, important Topic Names of JIPMER subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning, English Comprehension are granted here.
- Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism
- Current Electricity
- Electronic Devices
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
- Communication Systems
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Compounds
- Aldehyde, Ketone and Carboxylic Acids
- Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f-Block Elements
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Diversity of Living Organisms
- Cell Structure and Function
- Human Physiology
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Genetics and Evolution
- Plant Physiology
- Ecology and Environment
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Section A: Reading Unseen Passages and Note-making
- Section B: Writing Skills
- Section C: Literature and Long Reading Text
Logic and Quantitative Reasoning:
- Coding and Decoding
- Figure Completion Test
- Blood Relationships
- Theme Detection
- Number and Alphabetical Series
- Quantitative Aptitude, etc.