IGNOU ONLINE ADMISSION APPLICATION FORM
IGNOU ONLINE ADMISSION APPLICATION FORM 2018 Release Date, Official Links for Online Application Form and Complete Guidelines on Form Filling are all explained in detail. IGNOU ONLINE ADMISSION APPLICATION FORM 2018 is the first and basic step of registration to appear for any examination. Also, information on Supporting Documents, Credentials needed and Deadlines on IGNOU ONLINE ADMISSION APPLICATION FORM 2018 are furnished here. Keep yourself updated with recent news as on 14-12-2018
Are you seeking assistance to apply for IGNOU Online Admission? You can get more details like desired courses, IGNOU online admission process, Entrance exam details, Selection procedure, Results in this page. The Official website to apply for IGNOU online admission is provided for your convenience. Apply in a hassle-free way for the desired courses in IGNOU.
IGNOU 2019 Online Application Begins for January Session Admission:IGNOU has begun the online application process for fresh admissions to all Master, Bachelor, Diploma, and Certificate programmes, which are offered in the January 2019 session, in the official website www.ignou.ac.in. There are 21 schools through which Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and certificate courses. Candidates can fill their IGNOU 2019 Online Application form till December 31, 2018, through the below provided direct official link. Students would be required to pay registration fee of Rs. 400 along with the IGNOU 2018-2019 online application form. Before beginning the application process, students should make sure that they have scanned copy of the following documents:
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 100 KB)
Fill the IGNOU 2019 Online Application Form
An overview of IGNOU:The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) was established in the year 1985 with the motto “The People’s University”. In this Public, Central University, around 4 million students from all over the world are studying. It has 21 Schools of Studies and a network of 67 regional centres. IGNOU has nearly 2,667 and 29 overseas partner institutions (in 15 countries). Around 228 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes are offered by this Varsity. Nearly 810 faculty members and 574 academic staff are working in the headquarters and regional centres.
Various courses offered by IGNOU are Arts, Engineering, Medical, Science, Management, Mass Communication, Commerce, Professional Courses, Agriculture Science and Technology, Information Technology, Law, Vocational, Architecture, Acting Dancing and Drama, Radio TV and Film Production, Hospitality and Tourism.
When does the 2019 admission to IGNOU start?The IGNOU applications are accepted two months prior to the academic sessions, say July and December, every year. IGNOU releases the notification for the admission for various courses at the respective time. It announces the admission for various courses like Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education, Bachelor's Preparatory, Management Programmes, Doctoral programmes, all other programmes.
Bachelor of Arts:IGNOU announces the admission for BA courses such as B.Sc(Bachelor of Science), B.Com(Bachelor of Commerce), BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications), BTS(Bachelor of Tourism Studies), MA(English), MA(Hindi) in the month of May/June. The academic session for the respective will begin in the month of July.
Bachelor of Education:For B.Ed admission, the University selects the candidates by conducting National Entrance Test (NET) every year. The issue of the application form for NET is usually in the month of April/May.
Bachelor’s Preparatory/All certificate:For this course, the University conducts the admissions twice every year as it has two academic sessions. It accepts the application form between April and September for January session and receives the application from between December and May for the July session.
CRS and CTPM:For the two courses, Certificate in Rural Surgery and Certificate in Teaching of Primary School Mathematics, IGNOU conducts walk-ins throughout the whole year. Students can attend the walk-ins anytime and join the courses.
Management Programmes:IGNOU conducts Entrance Tests for the Management courses. There will be two academic sessions for management courses. For the first session, the entrance test is conducted on the first Sunday of February and the applications are accepted in the month of March/April. For the second session, the test is conducted on the first Sunday of August and the applications are accepted in the month of September/October.
Other Programmes: For all the other programmes the announcements are made in the month of May/June and the academic session will begin in the month of January. The details of the course session and the application submission is listed below:
|Programme||Application Issue||Academic Session|
|Bachelor of Arts||May/June 2019||July 2019|
|Bachelor of Education||April/May||July|
|Bachelor Preparatory/ All Certificate||June-November 2018
|CRS and CTPM||Walkins throughout the year||-|
|Management Programmes||March/April 2019
|Doctoral programmes||April-September 2019
October 2018 -March 2019
|All other programmes||May/June 2018||January 2019|
How to apply for IGNOU 2019 Admission?Students who wish to apply for the courses in IGNOU should apply either in ONLINE mode or OFFLINE mode. Candidates check the Manual for their reference.
Steps for applying for IGNOU online admission:
- The student must register in the University’s Online Admission System before applying in the admission form online. The applicants can go through the manual before filling the IGNOU Online Admission form.
- For registration, Students can log in the Official Website.
- After the Registration process is completed by filling the required details, the system will create a ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ for the individual.
- The username and password will be sent to the registered mobile number and email.
- After receiving the username and password, the applicant can re-login to the system. Enter the username and Password to login and fill Admission Form online.
- In the application form, the candidates are expected to upload their recent Photograph and the specimen signature.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents for the respective degree.
- After uploading the documents, the applicants should read and check (tick mark) the declaration box.
- The applicant can verify the uploaded details and preview the data. If the uploaded data are correct and appropriate then confirm the details. If not, ‘Edit’ the wrongly entered data and then Submit the application form.
- The next step is the Fee Details. The payment of Fee can be made through the Credit/Debit card/Net Banking. Upon the completion of payment, a confirmation message will be sent to you through SMS and email.
- The applicants can preview the fully uploaded form for their reference.
- Visit the nearest study centre and seek their guidance. There are possibilities that, sometimes, the centres might not provide the opted courses.
- The prospectus for IGNOU admission costs Rs 200/- on spot and 250/- for registered post. This application charge will be included in the fees that the candidate pays for the course.
- The applicant can fill out the application form with all the required. Along with the required documents, the candidates can submit it. The applicant can take a copy of the form for his/her reference. should be able to use the printout of that form, fill it with all the details and submit it.
What are the documents to be attached for IGNOU 2019 Online Admission?Applicants, while filling the IGNOU Online Admission application form should ready the required documents. The document will be verified during the admission in the University. The applicant must have the scanned copies of:
- Matriculation mark sheet or Certificate
- Marksheet of Under Graduation (if applying for Post graduation or Doctorate courses)
- Marksheet of Post Graduation (if applying for Doctorate)
For OFFLINE mode of application, the candidates must provide the hard copies of the above-mentioned documents.
If the Candidate does not possess originals of the mentioned documents he/she can self-attest that photocopy of the documents. Only if the documents are self-attested the documents will be considered valid and approved.
What are the eligibility criteria for IGNOU Admission 2019?An applicant should check his/her qualification before applying to the IGNOU programmes. Only if the candidate meets the eligibility criteria decided by the University for different programmes can apply for the courses. Hence the candidates are advised to ensure the eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria vary for different programmes. The eligibility criteria for some of the popular programmes of IGNOU is listed below for the reference.
For BCA & MCA:
- For BCA programme the candidate should have passed 10th, 12th or its equivalent from any Centre or State recognized educational board.
- For MCA programme, the candidate should have passed 10th, 12th and Under Graduation with Mathematics as a compulsory subject from any recognized institution.
For M.A Economics:
- The candidate who wishes to apply for M.A Economics must have a minimum qualification of a graduate degree or its equivalent from any recognized University.
- Candidates must have completed either teacher training programme in an NCTE recognized firm or trained in-service teachers elementary education.
- The applicant should have passed the bachelor's degree with 50% marks or Master's degree in Science/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity.
- Candidates with Engineering or any other equivalent qualification can also apply for B.Ed programme in IGNOU. To apply the candidate must have specialized in Science & Mathematics and qualified with 55% marks.
- For the B.Ed programme, the University provides relaxation and reservation of 5% for the SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the norms of the Central Government.
- Also, the University provides special reservations for Kashmiri Migrants & War-widow candidates.
For Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme:Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM):
- RNRMs who have passed 12th along with Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) can apply for this programme. They should hold a minimum of 2 years experience.
- RNRMs who have passed 10th/Matriculation along with Diploma in GNM can also apply for this programme. They should hold a minimum of 5 years experience.
- If candidates do not possess Diploma in GNM, they should hold an Indian Nursing Council recognized certificate in nursing courses for a minimum of 6-9 months duration
- There is no age limitation for this course.
For Post Graduate Programme:For Postgraduates programmes like MBA, DIM, PGDIM, PGDHRM, PGDFM, PGDOM, PGDMM and PGDFMP the University conducts IGNOU OPENMAT XLII and XLIII exams. The Candidates must participate in the entrance exam conducted by the University. Upon qualifying the exam the candidates can apply. There is no age limit for this programme.
To participate in the IGNOU entrance exam and apply for the above-mentioned courses, the candidates must have the below qualifications:
- The candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks for general and 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
- Also, the candidates should have an experience of 3 years as managerial/supervisory/professional experience.
- Students who hold a Professional degree in Engineering/Medicine/Chartered Accountancy (ICAI) / Cost and Works Accountancy (ICWAI)/Company Secretaryship (ICSI)/Law can also apply for the above-mentioned programmes. Such Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks in the degree.
For Foreign Candidates:
- For Foreign Candidates the International division of IGNOU will process after getting clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs/Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- It is must that the Foreign candidates who reside in India should possess a valid VISA.
When will be the IGNOU 2019 entrance exams?IGNOU conducts entrance tests for B.Ed and Management courses. It conducts NET exam for B.Ed and OPENMAT XLII and XLIII for Management courses every year. Admissions are done based on the marks scored by the candidate in the entrance exam. The exams will be of pen and paper format with objective type questions. IGNOU’s OPENMAT entrance tests for MBA and other management courses are conducted in the month of February and August (twice) every year.
When will be the IGNOU 2019 results announced?The results of the IGNOU entrance tests are usually published within 45 days of the completion of an exam. After the announcement of the result, the candidates can apply for the admission of the courses. Admission to the respective programs shall be based on the rank secured by the candidate in the merit list of the Entrance Test. The qualified candidates should produce the proof of their eligibility at the time of the last date of submission of the application for admission of the respective courses.
Result related Articles
CSJM RESULT ESIC RESULT NABARD RESULT RRB ALP RESULT CSIR UGC NET RESULT NDA RESULT KVPY RESULT UPSC Result RBI GRADE B RESULT KEAM RESULT IBPS RRB RESULT BSEB 12TH RESULT BIHAR BOARD 12TH RESULT BSEB BIHAR BOARD CLASS 10TH RESULT AIBE RESULT CBSE 10TH RESULT IBPS PO RESULT GATE RESULT SBI PO Result OJEE RESULT COMEDK UGET RESULT SBI Clerk Result RAJASTHAN BOARD RBSE 10TH 12TH AP POLYCET RESULTS MH CET RESULT IGNOU RESULT RBSE 12TH RESULT RAJASTHAN BOARD 12TH RESULT DSSSB RESULT RRB RESULT UP BOARD RESULT SSC CHSL RESULT RBI ASSISTANT RESULT JIPMER RESULT WBJEE RESULT AKTU Result (UPSEE Results) LIC AAO RESULT CTET RESULT JEE ADVANCED RESULT SBI SO RESULT AIIMS RESULT MP BOARD RESULT BCECE RESULT PSEB 12TH RESULT PUNJAB SCHOOL EDUCATION BOARD CLAT RESULT CLASS 12TH RESULT JAC JHARKHAND BOARD 10TH 12TH RESULT BSNL RESULT TRB PG RESULTS JEE MAIN RESULT BSTC RESULT VMOU RESULT NEET RESULT CBSE CLASS 12TH RESULT TAMIL NADU BOARD CLASS 10TH 12TH RESULT IBPS CLERK RESULT IBPS SO RESULT SSC CGL RESULT HBSE HARYANA BOARD 12TH RESULT CBSE UGC NET RESULT NATIONAL PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION UNIT TAMILNADU MBBS RANK LIST NAGALAND BOARD NBSE CLASS 10TH 12TH RESULT
Admit Card related Articles
IGNOU Admit Card UPSC Admit Card RBI ASSISTANT Admit Card JEE MAIN Admit Card KVPY Admit Card IBPS CLERK Admit Card CTET ADMIT CARD CBSE UGC NET Admit Card GATE Admit Card AIIMS Admit Card IBPS PO Admit Card NABARD Admit Card RRB Group D Admit Card DSSSB Admit Card RBI GRADE B Admit Card IBPS RRB Admit Card WBJEE Admit Card BSTC Admit Card SBI PO Admit Card ORDNANCE FACTORY Admit Card IBPS SO Admit Card SBI CLERK Admit Card IES Admit Card NDA Admit Card JIPMER Admit Card CSIR UGC NET Admit Card SBI SO Admit Card RRB Admit Card BCECE Admit Card BSNL Admit Card SSC CGL Admit Card JEE ADVANCED Admit Card RRB NTPC Admit Card IGNOU HALL TICKET Admit Card APPSC HALL TICKET Admit Card Tnpsc Group 2a Admit Card SSC CHSL Admit Card
Application Form related Articles
IB ACIO APPLICATION FORM AIIMS APPLICATION FORM UPSC CDS APPLICATION FORM GATE APPLICATION FORM SSC SCIENTIFIC ASSISTANT ONLINE FORM CSIR UGC NET APPLICATION FORM BSNL APPLICATION FORM UIIC APPLICATION FORM NDA APPLICATION FORM DHE ODISHA PLUS 3 ADMISSION JPROCE JHARKHAND POLICE RADIO OPERATOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORM JCPSICE JHARKHAND COMBINED POLICE SUB INSPECTOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORM IBPS PO APPLICATION FORM TNEA APPLICATION FORM SNAP APPLICATION FORM UKPSC APPLICATION FORM SSC CHSL APPLICATION FORM JEE MAIN FORMS JIPMER APPLICATION FORM JAM JOINT ADMISSSION TEST APPLICATION FORM LIC HFL APPLICATION FORM CENTRAL RAILWAY APPLICATION FORM DSSSB APPLICATION FORM CBSE UGC NET APPLICATION FORM ORIENTAL INSURANCE APPLICATION FORM
Exam related Articles
KTET Exam UP POLICE EXAM NEET UPTET CSBC BIHAR POLICE EXAM MPPSC Exam DRDO CEPTAM HSSC HARYANA SSC EXAM DTE MAHARASHTRA ICSE ISC EXAM RAILWAY EXAM KVS Exam AFCAT Exam GATE KVPY RSMSSB EXAM HTET KEAM CBSE 10TH CBSE 12TH IBPS SO JEE MAIN SSC MTS EXAM BHU Exam BANK OF BARODA SPECIALIST OFFICER SO UPSC CAT Exam ICMAI Exam MP VYAPAM BCECE OJEE ASRB EXAM COMEDK UGET AP POLYCET IES EXAM CSIR UGC NET RAJASTHAN POLICE EXAM MAHARASHTRA CET INDIAN NAVY EXAM DU ADMISSION IBPS CLERK SSC GD CONSTABLE SSC GD CONSTABLE AIBE Exam CLAT Exam VITEEE SSC CHSL UPSC CMS COMBINED MEDICAL SERVICE EXAM AP EAMCET AWES APS CSB EXAM SBI CLERK ITPB Exam JEE ADVANCED IBPS PO IBPS RRB NVS EXAM CBSE UGC NET NRHM EXAM TS EAMCET TSPSC AEE Exam MAT Exam TOEFL XAT EXAM APTET VMOU Exam SYNDICATE BANK EXAMS RAJASTHAN PTET SSC CGL CTET ICAI CA CPT EXAM DMRC EXAM BSER REET EXAM DELHI TIS HAZARI COURT EXAM POWERGRIDINDIA PGCIL EXAMS JIPMER SET Exam RBI ASSISTANT TNPSC GROUP 4 EXAM HPTU Exam SOUTH INDIAN BANK EXAMS GSECL Exam AIIMS Exam AMIE SBI SO RRB NTPC KPCL UPCATET NDA EXAM BITSAT JEECUP UP POLYTECHNIC TNEA Exam SBI PO WBJEE AP ICET MAT EXAM MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST NIFT Exam IBPS RBI GRADE B BSF PUNJAB BOARD PSEB 10TH 12TH LIC AAO TNHB EXAM MCGM BMC EXAM
Syllabus related Articles
IBPS Syllabus RRB Syllabus GATE Syllabus SSC Online Syllabus LIC Syllabus SBI Syllabus CTET Syllabus JEE ADVANCED Syllabus BSNL Syllabus UPSC Syllabus IBPS Syllabus SBI PO Syllabus JEE MAIN Syllabus RRB Syllabus SBI Syllabus RBI Assistant Syllabus SSC Online Syllabus IBPS Syllabus IBPS PO Syllabus NDA Syllabus RBI Syllabus UPSC Syllabus CBSE UGC Syllabus
General related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Delhi University Cut Off SSC Online Cut Off IBPS Cut Off IBPS Cut Off UPSC Cut Off RRB Cut Off RBI Cut Off IBPS Cut Off IBPS Cut Off SBI Cut Off GATE Cut Off SBI Cut Off SSC Online Cut Off JEE ADVANCED Cut Off
Sample Papers related Articles
CBSE UGC NET QUESTION PAPERS IBPS CLERK QUESTION PAPER SSC CHSL QUESTION PAPER IBPS SO QUESTION PAPER Upsc Question Paper CTET QUESTION PAPER NDA SAMPLE PAPER GATE QUESTION PAPERS IBPS PO QUESTION PAPER
Answer key related Articles
CTET Answer key GATE Answer key UPSC Answer key CBSE UGC NET Answer key SSC CHSL Answer key JEE ADVANCED Answer key SSC CGL Answer key BSNL Answer key CSIR UGC NET Answer key NDA Answer key
Important Dates related Articles
JEE MAIN EXAM DATE IBPS CLERK EXAM DATE SBI CLERK EXAM DATE CBSE UGC NET EXAM DATE IBPS PO EXAM DATE NDA EXAM DATE IBPS RRB EXAM DATE SBI PO EXAM DATE SSC CHSL EXAM DATE RBI ASSISTANT EXAM DATE UPSC EXAM DATE SSC CGL EXAM DATE IBPS SO EXAM DATE APPSC EXAM DATES
Exam Pattern related Articles
TNPSC GROUP 2A EXAM PATTERN SYLLABUS IES EXAM PATTERN IBPS SO EXAM PATTERN RBI ASSISTANT EXAM PATTERN IBPS CLERK EXAM PATTERN GATE EXAM PATTERN SSC CGL EXAM PATTERN SSC CHSL EXAM PATTERN RBI GRADE B EXAM PATTERN UPSC EXAM PATTERN IBPS RRB EXAM PATTERN IBPS PO EXAM PATTERN RRB EXAM PATTERN