Take your Free Mock Test
IGNOU 2020 Re-Registration for January Session begins Today- Check and Apply here:
Today (14th October 2019), IGNOU will start the re-registration process for IGNOU January 2020 session. Candidates have another change to re-register for IGNOU January 2020 session. Candidates can either apply for IGNOU January 2020 session through the official website or from the link provided below. The last date to apply for IGNOU January 2020 session is 30th November 2019. Only those candidates who have registered in the UG and PG programmes of two and three years are eligible to re-register. Re-Registration portal for January Session 2020 will be available shortly.
IGNOU 2019 Online Application Begins for January Session Admission:
IGNOU has begun the online application process for fresh admissions to all Master, Bachelor, Diploma, and Certificate programmes, which are offered in the January 2019 session, on the official website www.ignou.ac.in. There are 21 schools through which Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and certificate courses. Candidates can fill their IGNOU 2019 Online Application form till December 31, 2018, through the below provided direct official link. Students would be required to pay a registration fee of Rs. 400 along with the IGNOU 2018-2019 online application form. Before beginning the application process, students should make sure that they have scanned copy of the following documents:
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 100 KB)
Log in to register for IGNOU January 2019 Session Admission.
Fill the IGNOU 2019 Online Application Form
An overview of IGNOU:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) established in the year 1985 with the motto “The People’s University.” In this Public, Central University, around 4 million students from all over the world are studying. It has 21 Schools of Studies and a network of 67 regional centres. IGNOU has nearly 2,667 and 29 overseas partner institutions (in 15 countries). Around 228 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes are offered by this Varsity. Almost 810 faculty members and 574 academic staff are working in the headquarters and regional centres.
Various courses offered by IGNOU are Arts, Engineering, Medical, Science, Management, Mass Communication, Commerce, Professional Courses, Agriculture Science and Technology, Information Technology, Law, Vocational, Architecture, Acting Dancing and Drama, Radio TV and Film Production, Hospitality, and Tourism.
When does the 2019 admission to IGNOU start?
The IGNOU applications are accepted two months before the academic sessions, say July and December, every year. IGNOU releases the notification for the admission for various courses at the particular time. It announces the admission for various courses like Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Education, Bachelor's Preparatory, Management Programmes, Doctoral programmes, all other programmes.
Bachelor of Arts:
IGNOU announces the admission for BA courses such as B.Sc(Bachelor of Science), B.Com(Bachelor of Commerce), BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications), BTS(Bachelor of Tourism Studies), MA(English), MA(Hindi) in May/June. The academic session for the respective will begin in July.
Bachelor of Education:
For B.Ed admission, the University selects the candidates by conducting National Entrance Test (NET) every year. The issue of the application form for NET is usually in April/May.
Bachelor’s Preparatory/All certificate:
For this course, the University conducts the admissions twice every year as it has two academic sessions. It accepts the application form between April and September for the January session and receives the application form between December and May for the July session.
CRS and CTPM:
For the two courses, Certificate in Rural Surgery and Certificate in Teaching of Primary School Mathematics, IGNOU conducts walk-ins throughout the whole year. Students can attend the walk-ins anytime and join the courses.
IGNOU conducts Entrance Tests for the Management courses. There will be two academic sessions for management courses. For the first session, the entrance test is conducted on the first Sunday of February, and the applications are accepted in March/April. For the second session, the test is held on the first Sunday of August, and the applications are accepted in September/October.
Other Programmes: For all the other programmes the announcements are made in May/June, and the academic session will begin in January. The details of the course session and the application submission is listed below:
|Programme||Application Issue||Academic Session|
|Bachelor of Arts||May/June 2019||July 2019|
|Bachelor of Education||April/May||July|
|Bachelor Preparatory/ All Certificate||June-November 2018
|CRS and CTPM||Walkins throughout the year||-|
|Management Programmes||March/April 2019
|Doctoral programmes||April-September 2019
October 2018 -March 2019
|All other programmes||May/June 2018||January 2019|
How to apply for IGNOU 2019 Admission?
Students who wish to apply for the courses in IGNOU should apply either in ONLINE mode or OFFLINE mode. Candidates check the Manual for their reference.
Steps for applying for IGNOU Online admission:
- The student must register in the University’s Online Admission System before applying in the admission form online. The applicants can go through the manual before filling the IGNOU Online Admission form.
- For registration, Students can log in to the Official Website.
- After the registration process, the system will create a ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ for the individual.
- The username and password will be sent to the registered mobile number and email.
- After receiving the username and password, the applicant can re-login to the system. Enter the username and password to login and fill Admission Form online.
- In the application form, the candidates are expected to upload their recent Photograph and the specimen signature.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents for the respective degree.
- After uploading the documents, the applicants should read and check (tick mark) the declaration box.
- The applicant can verify the uploaded details and preview the data. If the uploaded data are correct and appropriate, then confirm the details. If not, ‘Edit’ the wrongly entered data and then submit the application form.
- The next step is the Fee Details. The payment of Fee can be made through the Credit/Debit card/Net Banking. Upon the completion of payment, a confirmation message will be sent to you through SMS and email.
- The applicants can preview the fully uploaded form for their reference.
Students can apply for the various courses in IGNOU for admission through offline mode also. For OFFLINE mode, the applicant should:
- Visit the nearest study centre and seek their guidance. There are possibilities that, sometimes, the centres might not provide the opted courses.
- The prospectus for IGNOU admission costs Rs 200/- on spot and 250/- for registered post. This application charge will be included in the fees that the candidate pays for the course.
- The applicant can fill out the application form with all the required. Along with the required documents, the candidates can submit them. The applicant can take a copy of the form for his/her reference. Should be able to use the printout of that form, fill it with all the details and submit it.
What are the documents to be attached for IGNOU 2019 Online Admission?
Applicants, while filling the IGNOU Online Admission application form, should ready the required documents. The document will be verified during the admission in the University. The applicant must have the scanned copies of:
- Matriculation mark sheet or Certificate
- Marksheet of Under Graduation (if applying for Post graduation or Doctorate courses)
- Marksheet of Post Graduation (if applying for Doctorate)
The scanned Photograph and Signature of the must-have a maximum size of 100KB. The scanned image should be in JPG format. For the other mentioned documents, the maximum size of each document should be 400KB. The scanned documents must be in JPG/PDF format.
For the offline mode of application, the candidates must provide the hard copies of the above-mentioned documents.
If the Candidate does not possess originals of the mentioned documents, he/she can self-attest that photocopy of the documents. Only if the documents are self-attested, the documents will be considered valid and approved.
What are the eligibility criteria for IGNOU Admission 2019?
An applicant should check his/her qualifications before applying to the IGNOU programmes. Only if the candidate meets the eligibility criteria decided by the University for different programmes can apply for the courses. Hence the candidates are advised to ensure the eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria vary for different programmes. The eligibility criteria for some of the popular programmes of IGNOU are listed below for the reference.
For BCA & MCA:
- For the BCA programme the candidate should have passed 10th, 12th, or its equivalent from any Centre or State recognized educational board.
- For the MCA programme, the candidate should have passed 10th, 12th, and Under Graduation with Mathematics as a compulsory subject from any recognized institution.
For M.A Economics:
- The candidate who wishes to apply for M.A Economics must have a minimum qualification of a graduate degree or its equivalent from any recognized University.
- Candidates must have completed either teacher training programme in an NCTE recognized firm or trained in-service teachers elementary education.
- The applicant should have passed the bachelor's degree with 50% marks or Master's degree in Science/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity.
- Candidates with Engineering or any other equivalent qualification can also apply for the B.Ed programme in IGNOU. To apply, the candidate must have specialized in Science & Mathematics and qualified with 55% marks.
- For the B.Ed programme, the University provides relaxation and reservation of 5% for the SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the norms of the Central Government.
- Also, the University provides special reservations for Kashmiri Migrants & War-widow candidates.
For Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Programme:
Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives (RNRM):
- RNRMs who have passed 12th along with Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) can apply for this programme. They should hold a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- RNRMs who have passed 10th/Matriculation along with Diploma in GNM can also apply for this programme. They should hold a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- If candidates do not possess Diploma in GNM, they should hold an Indian Nursing Council recognized certificate in nursing courses for a minimum of 6-9 months duration
- There is no age limitation for this course.
For Post Graduate Programme:
For Postgraduates programmes like MBA, DIM, PGDIM, PGDHRM, PGDFM, PGDOM, PGDMM, and PGDFMP, the University conducts IGNOU OPENMAT XLII and XLIII exams. The Candidates must participate in the entrance exam conducted by the University. Upon qualifying the exam, the candidates can apply. There is no age limit for this programme.
To participate in the IGNOU entrance exam and apply for the courses mentioned above, the candidates must have the below qualifications:
- The candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks for general and 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
- Also, the candidates should have an experience of 3 years as managerial/supervisory/professional experience.
- Students who hold a Professional degree in Engineering/Medicine/Chartered Accountancy (ICAI) / Cost and Works Accountancy (ICWAI)/Company Secretaryship (ICSI)/Law can also apply for the programmes as mentioned above. Such Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks in the degree.
For Foreign Candidates:
- For Foreign Candidates, the International Division of IGNOU will process after getting clearance from the Ministry of External Affairs/Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- It is must that the Foreign candidates who reside in India should possess a valid VISA.
When will be the IGNOU 2019 entrance exams?
IGNOU conducts entrance tests for B.Ed and Management courses. It conducts the NET exam for B.Ed and OPENMAT XLII and XLIII for Management courses every year. Admissions are made based on the marks scored by the candidate in the entrance exam. The exams will be of pen and paper format with objective type questions. IGNOU’s OPENMAT entrance tests for MBA and other management courses are conducted in February and August (twice) every year.
When will be the IGNOU 2019 results announced?
The results of the IGNOU entrance tests will be published within 45 days of the completion of an exam. After the announcement of the outcome, the candidates can apply for the admission of the courses. Admission to the respective programs shall be based on the rank secured by the candidate in the merit list of the Entrance Test. The qualified candidates should produce the proof of their eligibility at the time of the last date of submission of the application for admission of the respective courses.
Score card related Articles
Result related Articles
Rank List related Articles
DV Schedule related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Admit Card related Articles
Exam related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
General related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
Counselling related Articles
- MADRAS HIGH COURT COMPUTER OPERATOR TYPIST ANSWER KEY
- OSSC VITAL STATISTICS CLERK ANSWER KEY
- DSSSB ASSISTANT TEACHER ANSWER KEY
- DSSSB ANSWER KEY
- JSSC EXCISE CONSTABLE ANSWER KEY
- ASSAM TET ANSWER KEY
- UPSSSC CANE SUPERVISOR REVISED ANSWER KEY
- BSF HEAD CONSTABLE ANSWER KEY
- UPPCL ASSISTANT ENGINEER ANSWER KEY
- KVPY ANSWER KEY
- OPSC CIVIL SERVICES APPLICATION FORM
- JEST 2020 APPLICATION FORM
- MAHATET 2019 REGISTRATION
- IIFT APPLICATION FORM
- PSTET APPLICATION FORM
- UPTET REGISTRATION
- CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA CTO CRO APPLICATION FORM
- HTET APPLICATION FORM
- ICAR NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST NET REGISTRATION
- IGNOU ONLINE ADMISSION APPLICATION FORM
- OPSC MEDICAL SERVICE EXAM
- SAIL ROURKELA NURSING OFFICER EXAM DATE POSTPONED
- NCHMT JEE NOTIFICATION
- WBSHFWS DEIC MANAGER COMPUTER TEST EXAM SCHEDULE
- BSSC STENOGRAPHER EXAM DATE
- DSSSB ASSISTANT TEACHER AND JE EXAM DATE
- UKSSSC JUNIOR ASSISTANT AND STENOGRAPHER EXAM DATE
- BSF GD CONSTABLE EXAM
- APPSC GROUP 1 SERVICES AND FOREST RANGE OFFICER REVISED SCHEDULE
- NABARD DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT MAINS EXAM DATE
- APPSC GROUP 1 MAIN EXAM POSTPONED
- SSC MTS TIER 2 EXAMS
- SAIL ROURKELA EXECUTIVE PARA MEDICAL STAFF EXAM DATE
- HPSSC SUB INSPECTOR MAINS EXAM DATE
- HPPSC SUBORDINATE ALLIED SERVICES PRELIMS EXAM DATE
- RPSC JLO EXAM DATE
- UKPSC ACF EXAM DATE
- OSSSC JUNIOR CLERK JUNIOR ASSISTANT EXAM DATE
- UPSC GEO SCIENTIST AND GEOLOGIST INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- HPPSC HPAS CCE PERSONALITY TEST INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- ESIC INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- DBSKKV INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- ESIC HYDERABAD ASSISTANT PROFESSOR INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- HPSC HCS EXBR PMT AND INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- RAJASTHAN HIGH COURT CIVIL JUDGE INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- TEZPUR UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- BPSC 30TH JUDICIAL SERVICES INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AAU INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- OSSC JUNIOR ENGINEER CIVIL RESULT
- NLC BIOCHEMIST RESULT
- TN MRB LAB TECHNICIAN GRADE 2 SELECTION LIST
- ESIC KOLKATA TEACHING FACULTY RESULT
- MADRAS HIGH COURT RESIDENTIAL ASSISTANT RESULT
- MALABAR CANCER CENTRE STAFF NURSE GRADE 2 RESULT
- TELANGANA HIGH COURT RESULT
- ESIC SPECIALIST RESULT
- TNPSC CESE RESULT
- LIC ASSISTANT RESULT
- RAJASTHAN HIGH COURT GROUP D PREVIOUS PAPERS
- CBSE CLASS 10 SOCIAL SCIENCE QUESTION PAPER
- TSCAB STAFF ASSISTANT PREVIOUS PAPER
- UPSC MAINS PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- TN TRB PG ASSISTANT AND PED GRADE I QUESTION PAPER
- COCHIN SHIPYARD PROJECT ASSISTANTS PREVIOUS PAPERS
- RBI GRADE B PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE CLASS 12 BIOLOGY SAMPLE PAPER
- UPSC QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE UGC NET QUESTION PAPERS