UPSC Indian Engineering Services IES 2018-2019 Exam Notification released:
On 26th September 2018, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official recruitment notification for 581 vacancies to be filled with Indian Engineering Services (IES) Pre (Preliminary) Examination 2019 at the official website upsc.gov.in. Candidates who have degree in Engineering from a recognised institution and age of 21 - 30 years, can apply for the UPSC Indian Engineering Services IES Preliminary/ Stage I 2019 Exam through the direct official link provided below. The last date to apply online for the UPSC IES Preliminary examination 2019 is October 22, 2018. Candidates are required to pay the application fee of Rs. 200. The offline payment ie., pay by cash mode option will be deactivated at 11.59 PM of 21.10.2018, whereas the online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode will be made available till 6.00 PM of 22.10.2018. UPSC Engineering Services 2019 Preliminary - Stage I Examination will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 6th January, 2019.
Fill the UPSC IES Preliminary Exam 2019 Application Form
Check the official notification on UPSC Engineering Services (Preliminary - Stage I) Examination, 2019.
IES Exam 2018-2019 Important dates:Important events and scheduled dates of IES Exam starts from online application link activation to Final Result Announcement. All Important Dates for IES Exam is granted in the below table.
|Application form - Release||September 26, 2018|
|Application form - Closure||October 22, 2018|
|Ending Date for Offline Fee Payment||October 21, 2018 (till 11.59 PM)|
|Ending Date for Online Fee Payment||October 22, 2018 (till 6.00 PM)|
|Download of Preliminary Online examination call letters||11 December 2018 (tentative)|
|Engineering Services Preliminary Exam Date (online mode)||January 6, 2019|
|Preliminary Written Exam Result||February 2019|
|Download of Mains Online examination call letters||June 2019|
|Engineering Services Mains Exam Date (online mode)||July, 2019|
|Engineering Services Mains Result||August, 2019|
|Interview/Personality test||September 2019|
UPSC Engineering Services Interview schedule 2018 Released:
Union Public Selection Commission has released the Interview schedule for Engineering Services 2018 exam, on its official website upsc.gov.in. UPSC will conduct the Personal Interview from September 10th to September 26th for 1,488 candidates who have qualified the Engineering Services 2018 Mains examination. UPSC has released four separate interview schedules for different branches of engineering viz., Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and E & T Engineering. The Roll Number wise exact Date and time of Interview for all engineering branches are mentioned in the official notification, the direct link of which is provided below. Through this recruitment drive, UPSC will fill approximately 588 engineering vacancies across several central government departments.
|Engineering branch||Interview Dates||No.of Candidates participating|
|Civil Engineering||September 10 – 26||466|
|Mechanical Engineering||September 10 – 26||401|
|Electrical Engineering||September 10 – 25||348|
|E&T Engineering||September 10 – 23||273|
Check the Engineering Branch wise, Roll Number wise UPSC Engineering Services Interview schedule 2018
UPSC IES Engineering Services Mains Exam Result 2018 declared:
On August 2, 2018, Union Public Selection Commission has declared the Mains exam result of UPSC IES (Indian Engineering Services) 2018 Recruitment Exam, on the official web portal i.e. upsc.gov.in. IES Mains 2018 examination was conducted successfully on 1st July 2018, in many centres across India. Candidates who appeared in UPSC IES Engineering Services Mains 2018 Exam can check their result from the below provided direct official link. Candidates who cleared this UPSC IES Mains Examination can be called for next stage of IES 2018 Recruitment process ie., Interview/ Personality Test.,which is likely to be held from September, 2018 onwards. All qualified candidates should fill up the Detailed Application Form (DAF), which will be available on the upsc.gov.in from 09.08.2018 to 20.08.2018 till 06.00 P.M.
Check the UPSC IES Mains Exam Result 2018
IES Exam Overview:Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts combined competitive examination called the Engineering Services Examination (ESE) in All India level every year, for appointing suitable candidates to the Indian Engineering Services (IES). Indian Engineering Services comprise of Engineers who work under the Indian Government and designated as Class - 1 officer. The first position offered for the finally selected candidates is that of Assistant Executive Engineer (AEE) and the highest position is Chairman/ Managing Director.
Engineering Services Examination (ESE) for appointing personnel to Indian Engineering Services (IES) is conducted in the following phases:
- Stage-I: Engineering Services (Preliminary/ Stage-I) Examination (Objective Type Papers)
- Stage-II: Engineering Services (Mains/ Stage-II) Examination (Conventional Type Papers)
- Stage-III : Personality Test
Category Wise Services/ Posts Allocated through IES Exam:IES Recruitment will be made to the Services/ Posts under the following categories:â€
- Category I â€ Civil Engineering.
- Category II â€ Mechanical Engineering.
- Category III â€ Electrical Engineering.
- Category IV â€ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
CATEGORY I - CIVIL ENGINEERING Services/ Posts:
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Civil Engineering Posts).
- Central Engineering Service.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Civil Engineering Post)
- Central Engineering Service (Roads), Group-A (Civil Engineering Posts).
- Central Water Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Civil Engineering Posts)
- Survey of India Group ‘A’ Service.
- AEE(Civil Engg Posts) in Border Roads Engineering Service Gr ‘A’.
- AEE(Civil) of P&T Building Works Gr ‘A’ Service.
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers.
- AEE(QS&C) in Military Engineer Service(MES) Surveyor Cadre
CATEGORY II - MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Services/ Posts:
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- AEE in Geological Survey of India Gr ‘A’ Engineering Service.
- Central Water Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- AEE (Mech Engineering Posts) in Border Roads Engineering Service Gr ‘A’.
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I (Mechanical Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy.
CATEGORY III - ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING Services/ Posts:
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers.
- Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I(Electrical Engg. Posts) in Indian Navy.
- AEE Gr ‘A’ (Electrical Engg. Posts) in Corps of EME, Min of Defence.
- Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘B’ (Electrical Engineering Posts).
CATEGORY IV - ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING Services/ Posts:
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Telecommunication/ Electronics Engineering Posts).
- Indian Inspection Service (Asst. Dir. Grade-I).
- Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts).
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts).
- Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I (Electronics and Telecom Engg. Posts) in Indian Navy.
IES Exam Eligibility Criteria:
Nationality / Citizenship:A candidate must be either -
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Age Limit:Minimum Age Required: 21 years; Maximum Age Required: 30 years. The Upper age limit (i.e., 30 years) is relaxable as per following table:
|For OBC candidates (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|For SC/ ST candidates||5 years|
|For Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir
during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989
|For Exâ€servicemen||5 years|
|For deafâ€mute and Orthopedically handicapped persons||10 years|
- Passed a Degree in Engineering from recognised university (or)
- Passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India) (or)
- Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/ College/ Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) or
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959.
IES Exam Application Procedure:The IES Application form is released on September 27, 2017 by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in Online mode only. Candidates applying for the Exam are expected to fill the Application form to be called for attending the Written Examination and further selection process. Ensure to furnish exact details regarding age, address, e-mail ID and other necessary details, as no further changes can be made on submission.
How to fill UPSC IES Exam - Application Form?The registration for UPSC IES Exam is done in Two stages namely PART I and PART II Registration using the IES Application Form released by UPSC.
UPSC IES Application Form - PART I Registration:Details to be filled in Part I - Registration are:
(i) PERSONAL DETAILS
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name and Mother’s Name
- Marital Status
- Physically Challenged
- Fees Remission Claimed
- Address with Pincode, Contact Details - Phone Number, and E-mail Address are to be filled.
UPSC IES Application Form - PART II Registration:To fill the Part II Registration, candidate have to login with their Registration-Id and Date of Birth. Part II Registration has Four Stages:
(i) Application Fee Payment,
(ii) Selection of Examination Centre,
(iii) Uploading of Photograph and Signature, and
(iv) Agreeing to Declaration.
Application Fee Payment Details:Application Fee for UPSC IES Examination for various Category is granted in the following table.
|Candidate’s Category||Application Fee|
|General & OBC Candidates (only Male Candidates)||Rs. 200/-|
|SC & ST Candidates||No Fee required|
|Female Candidates||No Fee required|
|For PH Candidates||No Fee required|
Fee Payment mode:- UPSC IES Exam Application Fee can be paid either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card within stipulated time as follows:
- Last Date for Fee Payment (by cash - offline mode) - October 23, 2017 (for which Pay in Slip should be generated on or before October 22, 2017)
- Last Date for Fee Payment (Online) - October 23, 2017
Selection of Examination Centre:Applicants can make the Centre of choice for taking up the Examination. Allotment of Centres will be based on first-cum first-allot basis, the allotment is seized once the capacity of the Centre is attained. Commission reserves the right to change the Centres at their discretion if the situation demands.
Uploading of Photograph and Signature:After paying UPSC IES Application Fee, Candidates can able to upload scanned copy of their photograph and signature as per below guidelines:
Photograph:- The photograph should be uploaded in JPG format and the digital size of the file of the photographs must be more than 3 KB and less than 40KB.
Signature:- The signature must be uploaded in JPG format. The digital size of the signature file must be between 1 KB and less than 40 KB.
IES Exam Admit Card:IES Admit Card / hall ticket/ call letter can be downloaded from the UPSC official link, which will be updated in Fresherslive page. IES Admit Card is issued for all three phases viz Preliminary, Mains and Personality Test separately. UPSC issues IES Admit Card approximately 15 days before the commencement of Examination.
IES Exam Pattern:IES ie., Indian Engineering Services Examination is conducted in following three stages:
- Stage I - Preliminary Exam
- Stage II - Main Exam
- Stage III - Interview
Stage I: IES Preliminary Examination Pattern:IES Preliminary/Stage-I Examination will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choices) questions
carrying a total of 500 marks.
- Paper 1 (General Studies and Engineering Aptitude) - 200 Marks &
- Paper II (Core Subject - Technical Questions) – 300 Marks.
Stage II: IES Mains Examination Pattern:Engineering Services Mains/stage-II Examination will consist two conventional type papers in Engineering Discipline specific with duration of three hours and maximum marks of 600 (300 Marks in each paper).
IES Stage-III will consist of Personality Test carrying 200 Marks, with no minimum qualifying marks. Check the detailed IES Exam Pattern now.
IES Exam Syllabus:The standard of IES Preliminary Exam paper in General Studies and Engineering Aptitude will be at the level of an Engineering/ Science Graduate. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be that of an Engineering Degree Examination of an Indian University. There will be no practical examination in any of the subjects. Know the updated detailed UPSC IES Syllabus for all papers in both Preliminary and Mains Examination for all category of Engineering discipline.
IES Exam Result:Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) first releases the IES Preliminary Examination result, and then Mains result followed by Personality Test Result, after completion of each stage of exam. UPSC draws a list of candidates to be qualified for IES Mains Examination based on the criterion of minimum qualifying marks in General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper (Paper-I) and Engineering Discipline specific paper (Paper-II) of Preliminary Examination. The number of candidates shortlisted for Mains Exam is around six to seven time the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through this IES Exam. The number of candidates to be summoned for Personality Test will be about twice the number of vacancies to be filled.
Marks obtained by the candidates in the Preliminary, Mains and Personality Test would determine their final ranking. Candidates will be allotted to the various services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preference expressed by them for the various Services/ posts.
IES Exam Cut off Marks:UPSC IES Examination Cut off marks are decided by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to fix only certain number of candidates for next round of IES Exam selection process. UPSC releases official Cut off marks for Prelims, Mains Exam and Final Ranking after declaration of Final UPSC IES Result. UPSC IES Cut off Marks are different for each phase ie., Prelims, Main written Exam and Final Ranking. These UPSC cutoff marks may vary according to candidate’s category like General, OBC, SC, ST, PWD.
For UPSC IES Objective Stage, the minimum qualifying mark for General, OBC, SC and ST candidates is 15% marks and PH candidates is 10% marks in each of the three objective papers.
For UPSC IES Written Stage, the minimum qualifying mark for General, OBC, SC and ST candidates is 20% marks and PH candidates is 10% marks in each of the two Conventional Papers.
Previous Year IES Cut off marks for Objective Stage:
|Discipline||Minimum qualifying marks in the
Objective Type papers for evaluation of Conventional papers (Out of 600 marks)
|Electronics & Telecommunication
Previous Year IES Cut off marks for Written Stage:
|Discipline||Minimum qualifying marks in the
Written Examination (Out of 1000 marks)
|Electronics & Telecommunication
Previous Year IES Cut off marks for Final Stage:
|Discipline||Marks secured by the last finally
recommended candidate (Out of 1200 marks)
|Electronics & Telecommunication
Result related Articles
Admit Card related Articles
Exam related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
General related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
Counselling related Articles
- JPROCE JHARKHAND POLICE RADIO OPERATOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORM
- JAM JOINT ADMISSSION TEST APPLICATION FORM
- JIPMER APPLICATION FORM
- SSC CHSL APPLICATION FORM
- CSIR UGC NET APPLICATION FORM
- BSNL APPLICATION FORM
- DSSSB APPLICATION FORM
- IB ACIO APPLICATION FORM
- AIIMS APPLICATION FORM
- UPSC CDS APPLICATION FORM