IBPS PO Syllabus
IBPS PO SYLLABUS 2018 latest important updates with clear and detailed information are provided here, Candidates can check all essential details of IBPS PO SYLLABUS 2018 instantly here and Through this IBPS PO SYLLABUS schedule, candidates can make the strategy for the Preparation of exam. Direct Official Link for each recent Updates on IBPS PO SYLLABUS is Provided in this Page. Find recent news of IBPS PO SYLLABUS 2018 verified on December 12, 2018.
IBPS PO 2018 Preliminary Exam Pattern
IBPS PO Prelims exam is conducted in online mode only. IBPS PO Prelims exam comprises of 100 multiple choice questions under 3 main subject category sections namely English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability. Total marks allotted for IBPS PO Prelims exam is 100 marks and Total Duration of IBPS PO Prelims exam is 60 mins (1 hour). Get new updates on IBPS PO Exam Pattern for both Prelims and mains examination instantly. Check the precise IBPS PO Exam Dates for the current year, now.
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions (Objective type)||Maximum Marks||Duration|
IBPS PO 2018 Syllabus for Prelims ExamIn IBPS PO Prelims Exam, questions are asked of three subjects viz Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, English Language only. For the preliminary exam, level of difficulty of questions is easy to moderate.
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus for Quantitative AptitudeThis is the more mark scoring section as well as more time-consuming section in IBPS PO Prelims Exam. Try to solve all the 35 questions in this section within 20 minutes. Detailed syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude for IBPS PO Prelims Examination is granted below.
- Number Series
- Quadratic Equation
- Data Interpretation - Bar Graph, Line Chart, Table form, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart
- Simple Interest, Compound Interest
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Work
- Age-related Problems
- Ratio and Proportion
|Topics of Quantitative Aptitude||No. of Questions expected|
|Data Interpretation||10 (each 5 questions from 2 sets)|
|Miscellaneous (Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Speed &Time, Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Averages, Ages, Ratio, Partnership, Mensuration, etc.)||10|
Enhance your Quantitative Aptitude knowledge, practice with Fresherslive study materials and Online tests.
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus for Reasoning AbilityThis is also the more mark scoring section as well as more time-consuming section in IBPS PO Prelims Exam. Try to solve all the 35 questions in this section within 20 minutes, so that you can attain sectional- IBPS PO cut off easily. Detailed syllabus for Reasoning Ability for IBPS PO Prelims Examination is granted below.
- Coding & Decoding,
- Sitting Arrangement (Circular, Rectangle, Square, Hexagonal,etc),
- Puzzles (like Floor Arrangement, Parallel Seating,etc),
- Blood Relations,
- Ranking related questions
- Direction Sense.
|Topics of Reasoning Ability||No. of Questions expected|
|Coding & Decoding||5 (from Single Set)|
|Puzzles||10 (each 5 questions from 2 different sets)|
|Sitting Arrangement||5 (from Single Set)|
|Miscellaneous Topics (Blood Relations, Ranking, Direction Sense,etc. )||5|
Improve your IQ and quick answering skill of “Reasoning” Section.
You have to cover the following topics to answer all the 30 questions under this English Section of IBPS PO Prelims Exam. Try to solve all the 30 questions within 15 minutes.
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus for English Language
- Reading Comprehension,
- Close Test,
- Errors in a given sentence
|Topics of English Language||No. of Questions expected|
|Reading Comprehension||10 (from Single Set)|
|Close Test||5 (from Single Set)|
|Fillers (Fill in the blank spaces)||5|
|Para-Jumbled||5 (from Single Set)|
|Errors in a given sentence||5|
Upgrade your English Language proficiency
IBPS PO 2018 Mains Exam StructureIBPS PO Mains exam is conducted in online mode only. IBPS PO Mains exam comprises of 200 multiple choice questions under 5 main subject category sections namely Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness (with special reference to Banking) and Computer Knowledge. Here, all Questions for all four sections except English Language will be present in both English as well as Hindi Language.
Total marks allotted for IBPS PO Prelims exam is 200 marks and there is section wise time allotment for IBPS PO Mains exam which is mentioned below:
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions (Objective type)||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each
test (Separately timed)
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|4||General / Economy/ Banking
|40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing
IBPS PO 2018 Syllabus for Mains ExamFollowing are the entire appropriate IBPS PO syllabus for mains examination.
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus for Reasoning:This Section contains brain triggering questions and puzzles, for which you have to practice more. The topics to be concentrated under this section are,
- Puzzles (like Floor Arrangement, Parallel Seating Arrangement, etc)
- Seating Arrangements (like Square, Circular, hexagonal, Rectangular Seating Arrangements)
- Coding-Decoding (Coding by Letter Shifting, Coding by Analogy, Coding in Fictitious Language, Coding Letters of a Word)
- Machine Input-Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Order and Ranking
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning like Passage Inference, Statement and Assumption, Conclusion, Argument.
|Topics of Reasoning Ability||Expected Number of questions|
|Alphanumeric Symbol Series||5|
|Ranking/ Direction/ Alphabet Test||0-5|
|Seating Arrangement||5 - 10|
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude:This is the most important section and more mark scoring section in the IBPS PO exam. The topics to be covered under this section are
- Number Series
- Simplification, Approximation
- Quadratic Equations - Inequalities
- Data Interpretation - Bar Graph, Line Chart, Table form, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart
- Data Sufficiency (questions based on Number System, Averages, Percentages, Ratio & Proportion, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Problems on Age, Mensuration, Mixtures & Alligations)
- HCF and LCM
- Average (Average Weight/ Average Height/ Average Age/ Average Marks, Average Money Expenditure, Average Temperature etc.)
- Ratio and Proportion (Simple Ratios, Compound Ratios, Direct & Indirect Proportions.)
- Mixture and Allegation
- Profit and Loss (Partnerships, Discount, Dishonest Dealings, Marked Price.)
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Problem on Ages
- Time and work
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Time and Distance in relation with Speed
- Problems on Boats and Stream
- Problems on Trains
- Mensuration (Square, Circle, Rectangle, Cylinder, Cone, Sphere, Cuboid, etc)
- Permutation and Combination
|Topics of Quantitative Ability||Expected Number of questions|
|Data Interpretation||10 - 15|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||3|
|Profit & Loss||2|
|Mixtures & Alligations||1-2|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||1-2|
|Time and work||2 - 3|
|Time & Distance||2 - 3|
|Permutation, Combination & Probability||5|
|Partnership||1 - 2|
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus for English LanguageThis section aims mainly to judge your English Language Skill. The topics to be practiced under this section are
- Reading Comprehension - including Synonyms, Antonyms
- Cloze Test
- Error detection in a given sentence
- Sentence Correction
- Sentence Improvement
- Paragraph Based Questions - like Paragraph Fillers, Paragraph Conclusion, Paragraph /Sentences Restatement
- Jumbled Paragraph
|Topics of English||Expected Number of questions|
|Fill in the blanks||0-5|
|Sentence Correction/ Paragraph Complete||5|
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus for General Awareness:Questions under this section are asked only in IBPS PO Mains examination and not in prelims examination. The topics to be covered under this section are
- Banking Awareness -
- Regulatory Bodies like - RBI, (RBI History/ Functions/ Roles) SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA, FSDC, FMC etc its role functions and fact-based details.
- Monetary & Credit Policies who decides, the basis of change and its relation to Inflation and other related issues & Inflation (Types) CRR/ SLR/ Repo/ Re-Repo/Bank Rate etc.
- History of Indian Banking Industry – (Pre Independence, Post Independence, Nationalisation), Structure of Indian Banking, Types of Banks (Scheduled, Co-operatives), categorization of Bank (Pvt, PSU, Foreign), NHB, SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, IDBI its role etc and the concept of NBFC.
- Financial Awareness -
- Indian Financial System – Overview of Financial Markets (Money Market, Capital Market, Forex Market, Credit Market), Financial Intermediaries involved (like investment bankers, underwriters, stock exchanges, registrars, depositories, custodians, portfolio managers, mutual funds, primary dealers, Authorised dealers, self-regulatory organizations, etc. Also, read important committees and its recommendations.
- Capital Market & Money Market – Concept, Types of Instruments they deal in like (1. Call/Notice Money 2. Treasury Bills 3. Term Money, 4. Certificate of Deposit 5. Commercial Papers or Capital Market Instruments like equity Shares, preference shares, or Debt segment like Debentures etc also talk about Stock Exchanges in India and world.
- Other important concepts like – BASEL, Micro Finance, Base Rate, Negotiable Instruments, Credit Rating Agencies, Financial Inclusions, Teaser Rates, GAAR, Priority Sector Lending and all other important concepts.
- Static Awareness - Countries, Capitals, Currencies, Headquarters of various Organisations in world-level, Census, Books and Authors, World Level Festivals, Famous Personalities and more.
- Insurance Awareness
- Current Affairs - International News, National News, Sports News, Agreements, Appointments, Awards and Honour, Visits By President and Prime Minister and more.
- Government Schemes – All important schemes for ex. Bharat Nirman, Swavlamban, Swabhiman, All schemes discussed in the budget – the details like when was it introduced, important facts related to same, budgetary allocation etc.
Expected number of questions under each and every topics of General Awareness for IBPS PO Mains Examination is provided below.
|Section||Category||Topics of General Awareness||Expected No of Questions|
|General Awareness||Awards||Indian Awards||2|
|International Awards & Honors|
|Indian Affairs||Acts and Laws||1|
|National parks and sanctuaries|
|Indian Industry||Defence and Railways||4|
|Infrastructure and IT|
|Indian Taxation||Income Tax||1|
|International Awareness||Currency, Country & its Capital||3|
|Major International Organizations|
|Sports||Indian and International Sport Personalities||3|
|International Sporting Events and Venues|
|Banking||Commercial Banking||Heads and Head Quarters||4|
|New Banking Entities & Foreign Collaborations|
|Functions of a Bank|
|E-banking & New Trends||Bitcoins and E-wallets||3|
|RTGS and Rupay|
|Functions of RBI||Banker & Debt Manager to Government||3|
|Financial Regulation & Supervision|
|Foreign Exchange Management|
|Other Banking or Non Banking Institutions||Regulatory Authorities||1|
|RBI||New Initiatives & Policies||3|
|Organization of RBI|
|Terms||Finance & Accounts||2|
|Insurance Policy & Operations|
|Shares & Stocks|
|Current Affairs||Awards & Honors||Films||1|
|India in International Reports|
|Indian Authors & their Books|
|New Government Policies & Schemes|
|International Relations||Major Treaties & Agreements with Other Countries||1|
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus for Computer Knowledge:Questions under this section are asked only in IBPS PO Mains examination and not in prelims examination. The topics to be learned under this section are
- Introduction to Computer Organisation
- History and Generation of Computers
- Computer Languages
- Computer Memory
- Computer Hardware and I/O Devices
- Computer Software
- Number System and Conversions
- Operating System
- Computer Network
- Computer and Network Security
- MS Office Suite and Shortcut keys
- Basics of DBMS