Take your Free Mock Test
GATE Application Form 2019 link activated:
On August 31, 2018, IIT Madras has released the GATE 2019 online application form, on its official website gate.iitm.ac.in/. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) application form submission process has begun on September 1, 2018. The last date to submit the GATE application form 2019 without late fee is September 21, 2018. Candidates who are applying after that date, will have to pay a late fee of Rs 500 (USD 20 for centres abroad) and those candidates are allowed to submit their GATE 2019 online application form till October 1, 2018. First the candidates will have to register through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System), then only they can fill and submit their GATE application form 2019.
GATE 2019 Application Form Important Dates:GATE Application Form will be made available online from September 01, 2018 by exam conducting authority IIT Madras. Last Date to submit GATE Application Form is September 21, 2018.
|Events involved in GATE Application Form||Official Dates|
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission||September 01, 2018
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application (without late fee)||September 21, 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application (with late fee)||October 1, 2018|
|GATE 2019 Online Examination Dates||February 02, 03, 09 and 10 2019
(Saturdays & Sundays)
Documents/ Data required for GATE Online Application Form 2019:
|Indian Candidates||International Candidates|
|Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.)||Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.)|
|Address for Communication (including PIN code)||Address for Communication|
|Eligibility degree details||Eligibility degree details|
|College address, PIN code of college||College address|
|GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities||GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities|
|Scanned image of your photograph||Scanned image of your photograph|
|Scanned image of your signature||Scanned image of your signature|
|Scanned image of your thumb impression||Scanned image of your thumb impression|
|Scanned copy in pdf format of Degree Certificate or mark sheet of previous semester/ year (for final year candidates) / Provisional certificate (letter) from the Institute for final year students||Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or mark sheet of previous semester/ year (for final year candidates) in pdf format|
|Scanned copy of Category/ PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format|
|ID Proof : Only Passport/PAN Card/Voter ID/Aadhaar UID/College ID/Employee ID card||ID Proof : Only Passport/ Government issued ID/ College ID/ Employee ID card|
|Bank details for application fees||Bank details for application fees.|
Detailed note on Documents needed for GATE 2019 Application Form Filling:Before filling GATE Application Form, Candidates should make ready of the following essential documents
- Candidate’s scanned Photograph, signature and left thumb impression. More details on this are specified below.
- Candidate’s Valid Photo Identity Proof
- Driving License/
- PAN Card/
- Voter ID/
- Aadhaar UID/
- College ID/
- Employee Identification Card/
- Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address).
- International candidates need to enter their valid passport details only.
- Candidates who have completed their under-graduation in 2019 or earlier - have to provide Degree Certificate/ Provisional Certificate/ Course Completion Certificate.
- For final year undergraduate students - Copy of the Marks Sheet of the fifth or sixth or seventh semester is essential. Internet downloaded mark sheets shall not be accepted.
- And Also final year undergraduate students have to provide Provisional Certificate Letter as per format issued by the Head of Institute/ Dean/ Registrar/ Head of Department.
- For final year AMIE students - mark sheet for section ‘A’ of AMIE in case of professional equivalent qualifications is needed.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable) as per given format
- Disability Certificate (if applicable) as per given format
- Candidates who are pursuing higher degree or masters must submit the qualifying degree certificate or provisional one
How to Fill GATE 2019 Application Form?Candidates who wish to attend GATE examination need to register and fill Application Form through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The entire procedure involves the following steps:
- Step 1:- Registration (Enrollment)
- Step 2:- GATE Application Form - Filling process
- Step 3:- Uploading of Required Documents
- Step 4:- Preview of Filled Application Form
- Step 5:- Application Fees Payment
- Step 6:- Final Submission of Filled Application Form
Step 1:- Registration:First step the Candidates need to do is enrolling themself on GOAPS portal, which is mentioned below:
- Click Here to register on GOAPS
- Enter your Name, Email Address, Mobile Number in the appropriate boxes in that link.
- Create the GOAPS Password as per given specification
Step 2:- GATE Application Form - Filling processOnly registered candidates (i.e., candidates who have valid GOAPS Enrollment ID) can be able to fill the GATE Application Form. The following details need to be compulsorily filled by the candidate in GATE Application Form.
- Candidate’s Personal Details: Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number, Parent’s Name, Parent’s mobile number, Address for Communication (including PIN code) and more has to be submitted.
- Candidate’s Academic Details: Eligibility degree details, College address, PIN code of college has to be provided.
- GATE Exam paper: Candidates can apply and appear for only one of the GATE papers appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree.
- GATE Exam Centres: During online application form filling, the candidates will have to select three preferred exam centres from the provided list.
- Valid Photo ID Proof: Candidate should mention the details on their Photo ID Proof which they will bring for the GATE Examination.
Step 3:- Uploading of Required DocumentsCandidates have to upload their scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression as per the specifications mentioned in the following table.
Format of Image
The colour photograph should be taken professionally in a white or a very light background.
The photograph should have been taken after August 1, 2017 and the face of the candidates should occupy 50% of the area in the photograph looking in the camera directly. The face of the candidate should be clear.
Only clear glasses (without glare) will be permitted. Sunglasses or tinted glasses will not be accepted.
Image Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
Maximum resolution : 480 x 640 pixels
Minimum resolution : 240 x 320 pixels
The signature should be done in a rectangular box of size 2 cm x 7 cm on an A4 white paper.
Candidates should have signed with a black or dark blue ink. The signature should not be in capital letters.
The signature has to be digitally scanned by a professional using a scanner and cropped to the box professionally.
Maximum resolution: 160 x 560 pixels
Minimum resolution: 80 x 280 pixels
On an A4 white paper, the candidates will have to draw a rectangular box of size 3 cm x 5 cm.
The left thumb impression has to be marked in this box using a blue or black stamp pad. In case the left thumb is difficult to access due to some reason, then the candidates can upload their right thumb impression.
For those candidates who are unable to provide thumb impression for any reason, can give an impression of any finger.
The thumb impression must be professionally scanned and cropped to the box.
Maximum resolution: 160 x 560 pixels
Minimum resolution: 80 x 280 pixels
Degree /Provisional certificate/ Category/ PwD
As per specifications
Step 4:- Preview of Filled Application FormAfter filling all essential details in GATE Application Form, candidate need to preview the entered details before making fee payment. On clicking “Preview” option, candidates can view the entire details given by them. If any mistakes made while filling the application form, candidates can edit it. After making all essential changes, candidates have to select “Confirm and Final Submit” option. After this confirmation process, candidates cannot edit the entered details further.
Step 5:- Application Fees PaymentAfter confirming details provided in GATE Application Form, Candidates should pay the fees through online (using net banking or debit card) or offline mode (e-challan). SC/ST/PwD category candidates will have to upload a valid Category certificate for concession in fees.
|Category of the Candidate||Mode of Fee Payment||Application Fee|
|Women candidates||Online Net Banking or e-challan||Rs. 750|
|SC/ ST/ PwD candidates||Online Net Banking or e-challan||Rs. 750|
|All other candidates||Online Net Banking or e-challan||Rs. 1500|
|GATE International candidates
(Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu)
|Online net banking or credit card transaction||US dollars 50|
|For All candidates of Dubai and Singapore||Online net banking or credit card transaction||US dollars 100|
Once the payment is made successful, a unique “Fee Payment Number” will be generated, which has to be kept safely by the candidates. During the last stage of the application process, Candidate has to submit this unique number.
In case the fee amount has been debited from candidate’s bank account and GOAPS does not acknowledge any fee payment, then the money will be credited back to the candidate’s account within seven working days.
Step 6:- Final Submission of Filled GATE Application FormBefore submitting the GATE Application Form, candidate must ensure that all the details are filled and all the necessary supporting documents are uploaded and there is NO ERROR. An application form once submitted CANNOT be changed.
The current status of filled application will be updated after the receipt and scrutiny of the application by the respective zonal GATE Office. This status can be checked anytime by logging into GOAPS using unique Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password.
Procedure to Check GATE 2019 Application StatusCandidates who filled GATE online application form and paid fees can check their GATE Application status viz Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc. In case of any problems, candidate can contact the zonal GATE Office.
How to regain forgotten Enrollment ID/Password?If candidates forgot their Enrollment ID or Password for GATE examination, then follow the below steps
To regain Forgotten Password:
- If you remember the Enrollment ID/ Email Address, but forgotten Password, Click on “Request for OTP”.
- Enter the Mobile Number which you used to register on GOAPS.
- Enter the Enrollment ID / Email Address (provided during registration on GOAPS).
- The OTP will be sent to the your registered mobile number.
- Enter that OTP in the appropriate box, then you will be able to reset your password.
- If you already have an OTP, click on "Already have an OTP?" to reset the password.
GATE Application Form 2018 Released:Candidates who wish to attend GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, need to register and fill Application Form through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). GATE Application Form can be filled through online mode only. There is no need to send hard copy of filled GATE Application Form to GATE exam conducting authority or any other centres. Any candidate who wish to apply for PSU’s recruitment through GATE score, should fill and submit the application form. GATE Application Form procedure involves many stages viz registration, filling of application form, uploading essentially required documents, fee payment and final form submission.
New User first Register on GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
Fill your GATE Application Form 2018 now.
Read this article fully to know entire procedure on GATE Application Form, clearly. Make use of it to the fullest.
Rank List related Articles
DV Schedule related Articles
Eligibility Criteria related Articles
Calendar related Articles
Sample Papers related Articles
Score card related Articles
Result related Articles
Interview schedule related Articles
Admit Card related Articles
Exam related Articles
Important Dates related Articles
Answer key related Articles
Application Form related Articles
Syllabus related Articles
General related Articles
Cut off related Articles
Exam Pattern related Articles
Counselling related Articles
- ESIC INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- TEZPUR UNIVERSITY INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- BPSC 30TH JUDICIAL SERVICES INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AAU INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- MAZAGON DOCK INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- AIIMS BHOPAL INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- WBPSC PROBATION CUM AFTER CARE OFFICER INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- JHARKHAND HIGH COURT INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- UPSC CMS INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
- IOCL INTERVIEW SHORTLIST 2019
- TSCAB STAFF ASSISTANT PREVIOUS PAPER
- UPSC MAINS PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- TN TRB PG ASSISTANT AND PED GRADE I QUESTION PAPER
- COCHIN SHIPYARD PROJECT ASSISTANTS PREVIOUS PAPERS
- RBI GRADE B PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE CLASS 12 BIOLOGY SAMPLE PAPER
- UPSC QUESTION PAPER
- CBSE UGC NET QUESTION PAPERS
- IBPS PO QUESTION PAPER
- IBPS CLERK QUESTION PAPER