Check the updated CBSE UGC NET Syllabus here. CBSE UGC NET Syllabus for each paper is provided in the article. Also, check on the essential details of CBSE UGC NET Syllabus from this page. Follow the article for instant updates and precise information on CBSE UGC NET Syllabus.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Syllabus
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will hold the National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of UGC. Eligibility for (i) Assistant Professor only or (ii) Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor both in Indian Universities and Colleges is decided by NET. NET is conducted in 84 subjects and the Exam is scheduled on July 8, 2018. The Syllabus for all these subjects is detailed in the article.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Syllabus - Paper I
Paper I of CBSE UGC NET is a General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude. This Paper aims at testing the candidate’s Cognitive ability, communication and reasoning ability, and their quality of life by interaction with people and environment. There are 10 sections and each section will have 5 questions (i.e. 50 objective type questions); these 5 questions will carry 10 marks (i.e 10x10=100 marks).
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Reasoning (Including Mathematical)
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- People and Environment
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration
Check the link for Detailed Syllabus on General Paper - Teaching and Research Aptitude
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Syllabus - Paper II and III - Overview
Paper II and III of the Exam will focus on the specialization i.e. subject selected by the candidate. Separate set of syllabus is given for Paper II and Paper III. All the questions of Paper II and III will be compulsory covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options).
- Paper II - 50 objective type questions (compulsory) based on subject selected by the candidate. Each question carries 2 marks (50x2=100 marks).
- Paper III - 75 objective type questions (compulsory) based on subject selected by the candidate. Each question carries 2 marks (75x2=150 marks).
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Syllabus - Paper II and III
The detailed syllabus on Paper II and Paper III for each subject and along with the sample paper is given below.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Exam Pattern
CBSE UGC NET Exam is scheduled to be conducted on July 8, 2018. The Exam will have three divisions i.e. Three papers. Each paper will be conducted separately (in three sessions) and separate question booklet will be issued. Paper I and II has time duration of 1 hour each
and Paper III will be for 2 hours
. An overview of Exam Pattern is given in the table below.
||No. of Questions
||50 (All are compulsory)
||1 hours (9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.)
||100 (All are compulsory)
||1¼ hours (11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
*No negative marking is will be give to wrong answers.
CBSE UGC NET Exam 2018 - Details on Exam
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper I, Paper II, and Paper III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the Question booklet.
- Candidates with disability having 40% or more disability, 25 minutes compensatory time shall be provided for Paper I and Paper II separately. 50 minutes compensatory time shall be provided for Paper III.
- For the fair conduct of examination frisking of the candidates will be done properly at main entry gate of the exam center. The candidates should report at the examination center 2 hrs prior to commencement of examination and cooperate with the invigilators with checking process.
- A candidate who does not appear in Paper I, will not be permitted to appear in Paper II and Paper III.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 - Selection Process
- Candidates taking up CBSE UGC NET Exam should minimum marks in aggregate of all three papers (Paper I, II, and III) to be considered for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- General - 40% aggregate in all three papers taken together
- OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PwD/SC/ST - 35% aggregate in all three papers taken together
- A merit list for the candidates who cleared the Test with aggregate marks in all three papers will be prepared. Merit list prepared subject-wise and category-wise.
- A separated merit list will be prepared for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) from the NET qualified candidates merit list. The qualifying criteria by UGC/CBSE are final and binding.
CBSE UGC NET Exam 2018 - Other Details
- The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in all three papers of NET.
- The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor.
- The candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF.
- Candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research fellowship will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/institutions. The validity period of the offer is two years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter.