Check here for all updates on CBSE UGC NET Exam Date. CBSE has released the CBSE UGC NET Exam Date. CBSE UGC NET Exam Date is released along with the official notification. We provide you with refined data and precise information on CBSE UGC NET Exam Date. To know all official updates regarding CBSE UGC NET Exam dates, follow the article.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Exam Date - Overview
CBSE UGC NET Exams are conducted to determine the eligible Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian Universities and Colleges. CBSE conducts the Exam on behalf of UGC and is conducted twice in a year. Candidates aspiring can apply via two categories i.e.
- Eligibility for Assistant Professor only [OR]
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both
Currently, the Exam Dates for CBSE UGC NET Exam is being released by CBSE and is scheduled to be on July 8, 2018.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Exam Date
CBSE has released the Exam date for the National Eligibility Test (NET) that is going to be conducted in the month of July 2018. We have furnished the important dates to be notified by the candidate with respect to the NET Exam in the table below.
|Issue of Detailed Notification
||1st February 2018
|Commencement of online application form
||6th March 2018
|Last date to submit the form
||5th April 2018
|Last date of fee submission
||6th April 2018
|Corrections in particulars of application form
||25th April to 1st May 2018
|Admit Card Availability
||8th July 2018
|Availability of Answer Key & OMR Sheet
|Declaration of Result
CBSE UGC NET 2018 - Admit Card
- The Admit Card/Admission Card for the candidates to take up the CBSE UGC NET Exam will be published in the third week of June, 2018.
- Candidates are requested to download their Admit Card as a proof to appear for the Exam and to know the venue of the Exam.
- Admit Card will not be sent by post to any candidates under any circumstances.
- Candidate will not be allowed to take up the Exam if he/she does not hold the Admit Card.
- Candidates should appear for the Exam in the designated Centre and no candidate is allowed to appear at any other examination centre than the one allotted for him/her.
- Candidates are required to bring a photo identity along with a printout of their Admit Card to the Exam.
For more details on Admit Card, check CBSE UGC NET Admit Card
CBSE UGC NET 2018 - Details on Exam
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper I, Paper II, and Paper III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the Question booklet.
- Candidates with disability having 40% or more disability, 25 minutes compensatory time shall be provided for Paper I and Paper II separately. 50 minutes compensatory time shall be provided for Paper III.
- For the fair conduct of examination frisking of the candidates will be done properly at main entry gate of the exam center. The candidates should report at the examination center 2 hrs 30 minutes prior to commencement of examination and cooperate with the invigilators with checking process.
- A candidate who does not appear in Paper I, will not be permitted to appear in Paper II and Paper III.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 - Award Details
- The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in all three papers of NET.
- The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor.
- The candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF.
- Candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research fellowship will be eligible to receive fellowship of UGC under various schemes, subject to their finding placement in universities/IITs/institutions. The validity period of the offer is two years w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 - Selection Process
- Candidates taking up CBSE UGC NET Exam should secure minimum marks in aggregate of all three papers (Paper I, II, and III) to be considered for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- General - 40% aggregate in all three papers taken together
- OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PwD/SC/ST - 35% aggregate in all three papers taken together
- A merit list for the candidates who cleared the Test with aggregate marks in all three papers will be prepared. Merit list is prepared subject-wise and category-wise.
- A separated merit list will be prepared for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) from the NET qualified candidates merit list. The qualifying criteria by UGC/CBSE are final and binding.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Exam Pattern
CBSE UGC NET Exam will have three divisions i.e. Three papers (Paper I, II, and III). Each paper will be conducted separately (in three sessions) and separate question booklet will be issued. Paper I and II have time duration of 1 hour each
and Paper III will be for 2 hours
. A detailed Exam Pattern is given in the table below.
||No. of Questions
||50 (All are compulsory)
||1 hours (9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.)
||100(All are compulsory)
||2 hours (11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
No negative marking is will be give to wrong answers.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Syllabus
The NET Exam to be conducted by CBSE on behalf of UGC is conducted twice a year and covers a wide number of specializations. The Exam is conducted for around 84 specialized subjects and eligibility for the award will be based on score secured. The Syllabus for all these papers is made available online by UGC. For more details on Exam syllabus, check CBSE UGC NET Syllabus
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Question Paper and Answer Key
CBSE on completion of NET will release the Question Paper and Answer Key for each paper and for each subject. Answer Keys released can be cross referred and any grievances can be addressed to CBSE within the stipulated time. Question paper and Answer keys of previous exams can be used for reference by candidates preparing for the Exam. For more details, check CBSE UGC NET Answer Key
and CBSE UGC NET Question Paper