CBSE UGC NET exam conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education on behalf of University Grants Commission as an offline examination of UGC NET.CBSE UGC NET syllabus and full pattern are mentioned in this article.CBSE UGC NET examination is to be held in November to determine the eligibility of candidates for Junior Research Fellowship and for Assistant Professor.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Exam date released; Upper Age Limit For JRF Increased:
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct UGC NET 2018 exam in the month of July. For the exam which is scheduled to be held on 8 July 2018, upper age limit for JRF aspirants has been increased by two years. 'The upper age limit for appearing in JRF has also been raised by two years: from the existing 28 years to 30 years (the relaxation as earlier will remain same). Official notification in this regard will be released on the official website of CBSE NET at cbsenet.nic.in.
CBSE UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) - Overview
UGC NET 2017 - The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Examination on behalf of University Grant Commission (UGC) on 19th November 2017. UGC NET 2017 exam is conducted for the posts of Junior Research Fellowship or eligibility for Assistant Professor or both in Indian University.Here the Important dates are mentioned for the CBSE - UGC-NET.
Latest Official Notification of CBSE UGC NET
The CBSE to conduct the next UGC-NET for junior research Fellowship and Eligibility for Assistant Professor on 05th November 2017 (Sunday).The candidates are required to apply online from 11 th August 2017. The last date for applying online is 11th September 2017 and fee can be paid up to 12th September 2017. To know more check out the latest notification of CBSE UGC NET Application Form.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 - Important dates:
The CBSE UGC NET dates are prescribed in the below table
|Name of the Events
|CBSE NET Notification will be available
||1 February 2018
|Online application starting date
||6 March 2018- 5 April 2018
|Last date of fee submission
||Till 6 April 2018
|Admit Card Availability
||Last week of June 2018
||8 July 2018
CBSE UGC NET - Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility criteria for CBSE UGC NET are stated as follows
- Age Limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years as on the date of 1st July 2017.
- For OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PWD category candidates, 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit is provided.
- Candidates possessing M. degree will be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.
- Relaxation will also be given to the candidates having research experience.
- No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- The candidates applying for CBSE NET should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- The appearing candidates of final year are also eligible to apply for the examination (provided they have to qualify the examination before awarding the post). These candidates must have qualified their Master’s degree within 2 years from the date of NET results.
- Those candidates will get 5% relaxation in aggregate marks whose master’s degree was completed by 19th September 1991.
- The candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Master’s only. The candidates whose post-graduate subjects are not listed in the prescribed list can appear in the related subjects.
CBSE UGC NET 2017 Application Fee
- The Application fee is payable by credit/ debit card or through e-challan.
- The fee through e-challan will be paid in cash to Canara/ICICI/ Syndicate /HDFC bank.
CBSE UGC NET Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: Offline mode.
- OMR Sheet: Candidates have to mark their responses on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet.
- Papers: The test consist of three papers.
- Type of Questions: All the papers will have objective type questions.
- Number of Paper: Total 185 questions will be asked in NET which is divided into 3 papers.
- Number of Questions: Paper-I will have 60 questions, (only 50 questions has to attempt); Paper-II will have 50 questions and Paper-III will have 75 questions.
- The medium of Paper: Choice fo the paper medium can be exercised at the time of filling the form. Candidate can choose the paper medium either Hindi or English.
- Subjects: The Paper-I consists of General Aptitude Questions. Paper-II and III contain questions related to the concerned subject.
- Exam Duration: Paper-1 and Paper-II will be of 11/4 hours Paper-III will be off 21/2
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will carry 2 marks and there is no negative marking.
|No of questions
||60 Questions compulsory
||9.30 - 10.45
||1 1/4 hours
||50 Compulsory Questions
||9.30 - 10.45
||1 1/4 hours
||75 compulsory questions
||2.00 - 4.30pm
||2 1/2 hours
UGC National Eligibility Test: Syllabus for General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude
- The main objective is the teaching and research capabilities of the candidates. Therefore, the UGC NET Test is mainly aimed at the teaching and general/research aptitude as well as their awareness.They are expected to possess and exhibit cognitive abilities. Cognitive abilities include comprehension, analysis, evaluation, understanding the structure of arguments and deductive and inductive reasoning.
- The candidates are also expected to have a general awareness and knowledge of sources of information. They should be aware of the interaction between people, environment and nature resources and their impact on quality of life.
- Each section gets equal weight: five questions and 10 marks from each section.
- Whenever pictorial questions are set for the sighted candidates a passage followed by an equal number of questions should be set for the visually handicapped candidates.
The detailed syllabus of National Eligibility Test
|| General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper -I)
|| Economics / Rural Economics /Co-operation / Demography / Development Planning/ Development Studies/Econometrics/ Applied Economics/Development Eco./Business Economics
|| Political Science
|| Social Work
|| Defense and Strategic Studies
|| Home Science
|| Public Administration
|| Population Studies
|| Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)
|| French (French Version)
||French (English Version)
|| Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education.
|| Physical Education
|| Arab Culture and Islamic Studies
|| Indian Culture
|| Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/Human Resource Management
|| Library and Information Science
|| Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Studies
|| Comparative Study of Religions
|| Mass Communication and Journalism
|| Performing Art - Dance/Drama/Theatre
|| Museology & Conservation
|| Tribal and Regional Language/Literature
|| Folk Literature
|| Comparative Literature
|| Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama).
|| Women Studies
|| Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art)
|| Social Medicine & Community Health
|| Forensic Science
|| Computer Science and Applications
|| Electronic Science
|| Environmental Sciences
|| Politics including International Relations/International Studies including Defence/Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, American Studies.
|| Human Rights and Duties
|| Tourism Administration and Management.
Strive through this Article Best Wishes !!!